Obama fading in Georgia poll

ATLANTA --- Democrat Barack Obama's campaign in Georgia is in the midst of a deep slide, according to a poll released Thursday.

A new InsiderAdvantage/Poll Position survey of likely registered voters indicates a steep decline for Mr. Obama. It shows Republican John McCain with the support of 56 percent of the respondents to Mr. Obama's 38 percent.

The poll of 506 registered likely voters, weighted for age, race, and gender, was conducted by telephone Wednesday evening and has a 4 percent margin of error.

The poll didn't offer a choice for Libertarian Bob Barr or Green Party nominee Cynthia McKinney, both of Georgia, but 2 percent of respondents indicated "other" as their choice, and 4 percent were undecided.

InsiderAdvantage CEO Matt Towery said the poll represents a major change from past surveys that had predicted a close race in the Peach State.

"The reason is simple: Obama lost serious ground in virtually every demographic," he said, especially among the youngest voters.

"Should (young voters) return to Obama and the African-American vote end up where we expect it to be, the race could be closer in November," Mr. Towery said. "But as of now Georgia is no longer a 'leans McCain' state. As of this survey, Georgia is in the McCain column."

donnymack
donnymack 09/12/08 - 07:27 am
Like Bob Dylan wrote "The

Like Bob Dylan wrote "The Times They Are A Changing". Can't wait for the land slide. I think the Repukes will be shoveling a lot of that brown muck.

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 07:32 am
wannabe, no matter what the

wannabe, no matter what the polls show, you still think Obama is going to win? I wouldn't get too cocky yet!

4725 09/12/08 - 07:32 am
Obama'a new taxes would come

Obama'a new taxes would come out out my bottom line. Fact: either the public would be passed along the cost or 20 of my people will lose their job. Tell me how that is good for America ? Give me a tax incentive to expand my business and HIRE 20 people. Geez.....

paulwitherspoon
paulwitherspoon 09/12/08 - 07:35 am
Kinda like your screen name

Kinda like your screen name wannabe, On nov 4 you will be signing, Oh, I wannnabe happy, but i be SO, SO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD cause po ol bama's run is dead!!!!"

Reality
Reality 09/12/08 - 07:36 am
Polls and statistics are only

Polls and statistics are only indicators of how and who you ask questions. I think as the election nears all kinds of numbers will be thrown at us, if everyone votes than Obama will lose.

426Hemi
426Hemi 09/12/08 - 07:43 am
BO is the MOST BORING,

BO is the MOST BORING, sleep-inducing speaker I've heard lately. Monotone, and just, ugh, really "exciting" (snicker, yawn...) Georgians are waking up from a deep sleep, and realize dire straights are in store if this clown gets into office. No more nightmares-down with BO (and body odor.) Mrs. mumbles, talking with marbles in her mouth, is about as intelligent as a American who just realized for the first time in her life; she's proud. How appropriate for a first, ud "lady."

426Hemi
426Hemi 09/12/08 - 07:46 am
pantherperson, Oprah may be

pantherperson, Oprah may be rich, and the only race she gives to is her own. Blackfricans!

realistineducation
realistineducation 09/12/08 - 07:46 am
maybe we are looking in the

maybe we are looking in the wrong direction for a president, instead of electing someone who is willing to stand up to the washington clan, let's elect someone like newt gingrich, i good ole boy who screwed around on his wife, but he's a republican, and his views are much more credible than that of a free thinking person who is willing to shake up washington.

realistineducation
realistineducation 09/12/08 - 07:48 am
426Hemi, one word for you,

426Hemi,
one word for you, racist!

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 07:52 am
Georgia is finally waking up?

Georgia is finally waking up?

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 07:53 am
give me a break, GA is just

give me a break, GA is just showing it's true colors... I totally agree with the poster who commented on closet racism, it is apparent and is being revealed not only GA but through the states. Where ever you stand in this election is your own personal belief no one can take that from you however degrading and/or slandering someone's name and mocking them and their family just shows what kinda hill billy up bringing one may have had. Anyway Obama's plan's for running and getting this country out of debt WHEN he becomes president is not only logical, compassionate and patriotic but above all else what a president's main goal should be. I'm not going to engage in debating some very ignorant people on this board today, I have to much work to do, but I had to let it be known that the Obama's not only Mr. Obama but his very much intelligent wife who in her own right is a phenomenal leader. People take off your white pillow cases and realize what God has sanctioned WILL COME TO PASS.

426Hemi
426Hemi 09/12/08 - 07:59 am
Brown muck? You referring to

Brown muck? You referring to obama?

georgiagator25
georgiagator25 09/12/08 - 08:02 am
I can't understand how any

I can't understand how any one would vote McCain. I mean being an Augusta native, and a disabled Iraqi war veteran, I could never vote for McCain. Most people in GA only see white or black. If I could I'd vote for myself. PEOPLE look at the issues stop being RACIST stop being IGNORANT. Most importantly STOP MAKING MY HOME TOWN LOOK STUPID.

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/12/08 - 08:02 am
I agree with sjones1. The

I agree with sjones1. The people "degrading and/or slandering someone's name and mocking them and their family just shows what kinda hill billy up bringing one may have had." I hope they will stop doing that to Gov Palin.

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 08:03 am
sjones, I get tired of people

sjones, I get tired of people like you saying that those of us who are NOT voting for Obama are racist! Sheeesh, give it a rest, will you? I can assure you that if Colin Powell or Condy Rice were running I would vote for either of them in a second. Has it ever just once occurred to you that some of us are NOT voting for Obama because we don't think he's qualified? It seems to me that all this talk about certain people being racist ALWAYS comes from the liberal side........the party of tolerance!

426Hemi
426Hemi 09/12/08 - 08:03 am
I'm not racist-never was, and

I'm not racist-never was, and won't be. But, what has happened is my opinions have transgressed about some of "you." Especially when here in the south two way bickering is abundant. BTW, to all you slugs who vote color, the only thing I can think of is; why? To use your term "you all" are duped that a heinz 57 you percieve as "black" is getting a crack at the "White House" What a conradiction of terms. Al, Jesse Jackaxx, the minister bro with a big mouth, ya' gonna scream about changing the name? You all are the downfall of the hope, justice, and respect you want everyone else, (not of "color") to bestow upon your sorry butts. It ain't working! You are the catalyst ingredient who must change. A cultural change for the better. Get away from the NAACP rhetoric, and lose the good "reverends" and all who lay quagmired in the past. You've got to look forward, and if you think a "black" president is your redemption, then more power to you. Black Power!!! No, not racism, just an opinion from me to a bunch of clods who expect the world in their lap, without a finger lifted to assist. Sorry, I see this in all, not just one.

Richmond county Mom
Richmond county Mom 09/12/08 - 08:06 am
well for the 411 I got one of

well for the 411 I got one of them calls . see ya at the poll

thereishope
thereishope 09/12/08 - 08:06 am
Well said sjones1! I am sure

Well said sjones1! I am sure there will be many black people voting for Obama just because he is black, but there are way to many white people not voting for Obama because he has the wrong color! And Georgians are not waking up, they are just proving again how dumb they are! So glad I am not from Georgia:-)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/12/08 - 08:13 am
I'm glad you are not from

I'm glad you are not from Georgia also, ThereIsHope.:-)

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 08:13 am
If you are not voting for

If you are not voting for Obama that does not mean you are a racist... If you are not voting for McCain it simply means you want a better society not a "lil Bush"

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 09/12/08 - 08:13 am
You are one of the most

You are one of the most racist poster on this site. You spew your B.S. then run for cover. All one has to do is read your prior post with words like " Blackfricans". Just a straight idiot.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/12/08 - 08:14 am
sjone... Sounds like a

sjone... Sounds like a little race baiting there. As has been said before, "If you don't vote for barack hussein obama, you must be racist". It couldn't be that his policies and plans are socialist, is not qualified, has very questionable connections, has done nothing for his state of IL but get earmarks, and votes present when he does happen to show up. We can't say he's a community organizer any longer because that's racist per NY politician. Give me a break. McCain/Palin the real party for change and reform.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 09/12/08 - 08:15 am
If you are voting FOR Obama

If you are voting FOR Obama it does not mean you are doing so because he IS Black.

georgiagator25
georgiagator25 09/12/08 - 08:16 am
If you are not voting for

sjones you hit the "nail on the head"

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 09/12/08 - 08:16 am
Yeah, if you want to reform

Yeah, if you want to reform back to the 50's.

Reality
Reality 09/12/08 - 08:20 am
I wonder, is it possible to

I wonder, is it possible to vote against someone because you don't agree with his/her ability to perform, based on past experience or lack of ? If I don't think you are qualified or will make choices I agree with, you can bet I will vote against you, no matter what your racial make up is...

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 08:23 am
"Barack Obama in November

"Barack Obama in November 2008 will become the President of the United States" because he and his party are the better choice. The people have spoken :)

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 08:24 am
Oooooh trust me, thereishope,

Oooooh trust me, thereishope, we are ever so glad you're not from Georgia too!

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 08:29 am
sjones, "the people have

sjones, "the people have spoken"? Which people are you referring to? Since Obama is behind in most polls, apparently more people have spoken for McCain/Palin. But we'll see in November who speaks the loudest, and until then I wouldn't get too sure of myself! Just in case McCain does win, I hope you'll come back to us and say "ooops, I was wrong".

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/12/08 - 08:36 am
Having barack hussein obama

Having barack hussein obama as the commander-in-chief should scare everyone. Having 2 of his economic advisors working with the failed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should scare anyone. Wanting 5 yr olds taught sex education (it's not just about bad touching) before they can read is ridiculous. Wanting a child killed if it happens to survive abortion is murder, but this is what he wants. Oh there are other things also. Is this the direction we want our country to go in? I hope there are an abundance of people that can see through this power hungry, ultra-lib, do nothing senator from the corrupt IL political machine.

Kettle donations rise in 2014