Republicans have made a mess

A letter by Mr. William Zimmerman ("Democrats' convention is one to dread," Aug. 28) stated that most people believe what the liberal media tells them. Appartently Mr. Zimmerman only watches the so-called "fair and balanced" Fox News.

Mr. Zimmerman also needs to take some gingko biloba for his memory because he has forgotten that of the past 28 years, 20 of those years have been under the Republican helm, some with a Republican-controlled Congress -- and what a mess they have made of this great country of ours. The Bush administration is rife with liars and crooks who have lined the pockets of their cronies at the expense of the American people.

Admittedly the Clintons are no saints, but at least they are not directly responsible for the deaths and maiming of thousands of our brave military heroes. The Republicans have no plans to fix the problems they have made, but to continue down the same road to disaster.

Jay Collett

Augusta

DrGunby68
DrGunby68 08/31/08 - 04:45 am
They have no defense for

They have no defense for their abysmal record of the past years...

pauldrake
pauldrake 08/31/08 - 04:51 am
amen jay.now wait for pat and

amen jay.now wait for pat and the rest to come on and attack you.they can't refute anything you say,so they just attack the writer.they know how to keep their stupid,ignorant folks in line though.they tell them fairy tales about their repuke leaders knowing the lazy idiots won't bother to research anything,anyway.i notice no one checked on binladens poster.usama that is,911 not mentioned anywhere.pat, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves keeping these folks in the dark all these years.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 08/31/08 - 05:37 am
Well as someone who is

Well as someone who is neither a dem or repub I don't believe I would be throwing stones no matter which party I belonged to. They are both rife with crooks and perverts and in no way serve us the way our forefathers set up our great nation. That being said this is still the greatest country in the world. A place where you do have the right to criticize your government without being taken out and beheaded. As far as the maiming of our brave soldiers. That's what soldiers do. They know the risks when they sign their name on the dotted line. What is irresponsible is denigrating their service by bashing the very thing they believe in. They want to finish the job. They want the Iraqi people to enjoy the same freedoms you enjoy. Only a small few complain. The majority want to do what they signed up for.

ibewalkingtomemphis
ibewalkingtomemphis 08/31/08 - 05:54 am
Jay boy, and the rest of you

Jay boy, and the rest of you "fawing parasites" where is the big mess. And, if there is a mess, it appears to have primarily started, say, two years ago, What's your spin on that? FAM4, right on!

Ga Values
Ga Values 08/31/08 - 06:36 am
The problem is not the

The problem is not the Republican party but the RHINO party. They are a bunch of big spending, big government, pro amnesty LIBERALS. Term Limits Here, Term Limits Now, USA 1st-special interest lasst.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/31/08 - 07:05 am
The letter writer is

The letter writer is partially right in that the Repub senate didn't act right the 4 years they were in control and the Repub voters stayed home in '06. That's called term limits. Unfortunately, only one party practices it, and it's not the Dems.

CH
CH 08/31/08 - 07:47 am
Hey Jay Jay, get the ginko

Hey Jay Jay, get the ginko biloba for yourself. Democrats ruled congress from 1954 to 1994. That's 40 years. And they've been in control for 2 years now, just about the time gas prices began spiking, the Dow took a dive, and the mortgage meltdown happened. Oh, but I'm sure a silly little thing like congress doesn't have any relation to the state of the economy. Its all Bush's fault...right? I guess he's the reason congressional approval has gone from 23% down to 9%. Dummycrats, I mean Democrats call Republicans the masters of spin...but they practice it toot. Both parties should be voted out of office. Get off your soapbox before somebody kicks it out from under you and makes you open your eyes and take a big bite from a reality sandwich!

HARLEY HOG
HARLEY HOG 08/31/08 - 07:53 am
I can smell the fear stronger

I can smell the fear stronger today, demos.

factchecker
factchecker 08/31/08 - 08:18 am
The Dems are on the attack.

The Dems are on the attack. That's good, it means they are scared and they have a right to be with the approval rating of their Congress and their choice for President. Congress shows that Washington cronieism is at an all time high and the candidate calling for change has himself fallen back on the support and guidance of all those he supposedly seeks to change just by picking Biden as his VP candidate.

ibewalkingtomemphis
ibewalkingtomemphis 08/31/08 - 08:24 am
Palin, the silver bullet that

Palin, the silver bullet that kills the vampire!

factchecker
factchecker 08/31/08 - 08:31 am
ibe - I like that silver

ibe - I like that silver bullet thing. Very creative and funny.

brimisjoshan
brimisjoshan 08/31/08 - 08:34 am
Sure its okay if you disagree

Sure its okay if you disagree with the Republican party but charge them with killing our boys is totally unfair and unjust. No one can disagree that our fight in Afghanistan and Iraq has made us safer here at home. I am proud of our military and the great service they have provided. As far as the parties are concerned we know that they seek power above all else. God bless the USA!

factchecker
factchecker 08/31/08 - 08:40 am
If you want a major party to

If you want a major party to definately charge with murder let's indict the Dems. Partial birth abortion - murder at it's best. You must be so proud and what a legacy to leave. For that one issue alone I don't see how anyone that believes in any God could claim to be a Democrat. Either you believe all God has to say or none of what God has to say. There is no inbetween.

cyou299
cyou299 08/31/08 - 08:54 am
you drive down the road see a

you drive down the road see a 'Ten Commandments' poster in the yard...you know they are the ones going to vote for the party MOST likely to go to war (thou shalt not kill) and the party MOST likely to slash programs for the poor while enriching the rich (whatsoever ye do for the least..you do for me). Agreed, either you believe all God has to say, or none. How could anyone believes in God vote Republican????

ibewalkingtomemphis
ibewalkingtomemphis 08/31/08 - 08:59 am
Don't you just like us

Don't you just like us repubs, protecting your sorry azz cyou? I know you don't like us taking yo entitlements away tho. But you, like the rest of the liberal democratic grasshoppers are just becoming too much of a drain on us poor working repubs!

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 08/31/08 - 09:15 am
Yeah, I remember the poll

Yeah, I remember the poll they conducted where all of the troops claimed to be Republicans. By the way frequent name changer, when did you serve?

soldout
soldout 08/31/08 - 09:16 am
How can folks who think

How can folks who think killing babies is good; be right about anything else.

factchecker
factchecker 08/31/08 - 09:20 am
cyou299 - Charity begins at

cyou299 - Charity begins at home. If you tax me so much that I can't take care of my responsibilities - my family, why the hell would I want to take care of you? Unlike the Dems, I am not asking you to care for me and my family cradle to grave. All I as is let me have enough to take care of my family so you don't have to. It's funny that all those rich Democrats are willing to spend my money when they already have theirs and live like royalty. Ted Kennedy and the Clintons come to anyone's mind?

christian134
christian134 08/31/08 - 09:22 am
Amen Lon Amen...

Amen Lon Amen...

factchecker
factchecker 08/31/08 - 09:22 am
Hyp - Who are you talking

Hyp - Who are you talking about as a frequent name changer?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 08/31/08 - 09:24 am
The person I am talking to,

The person I am talking to, knows who he is.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 08/31/08 - 09:28 am
What whiners. The sky will

What whiners. The sky will not fall. Regardless of who the President is, OUR country will stay strong. Unlike most of you Republicans, I have faith in the perseverance of the American people.

ibewalkingtomemphis
ibewalkingtomemphis 08/31/08 - 09:29 am
Vietnam, Israel, Syria,

Vietnam, Israel, Syria, Jordon and the good ol USA--28 years worth hippo, how about you, the mercy mission?

factchecker
factchecker 08/31/08 - 09:33 am
I have faith in the American

I have faith in the American people also, not to put a possible Muslim into the White House. And don't tell me he has said he is not a Muslim. The Quran says that believers can lie to non-believers.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 08/31/08 - 09:47 am
Okay then, so we all have

Okay then, so we all have faith in the American people. What is the problem then?

eybir
eybir 08/31/08 - 10:42 am
Oct 11, 2002: 29 Democratic

Oct 11, 2002: 29 Democratic Senators voted
in favor of the war in Iraq and 21 against. All Republicans except Sen. Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island voted for passage.

Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle also announced he would support Bush on Iraq.

NOTE: Please remember the tone of America at that time. We had just been attacked a year earlier & all of a sudden, Saddam Hussein rejects the U.S. Resolution from the 1991 Gulf War of allowing inspectors inside of Iraq to confirm that there were no weapons of mass destruction. All Saddam had to do was allow them in & he'd be alive as dictator of Iraq to this day. He was an idiot to challenge this president during this time of great concern about terrorism.

johnsmith
johnsmith 08/31/08 - 10:54 am
I think we've had about 4

I think we've had about 4 years of Republican prez + both houses. Pretty minimal. And then, of course, the republicans were a huge disappointment on every issue that actually matters, preferring to natter on about "defending" marriage and lord knows what else. Know what? I'll take Obama as president if you all will give us a solidly republican senate/house. Think about it. The best tax policy, that led to govt getting out of the way, coupled with welfare reform and whatnot, was when the Republicans were running the House and HAD to act like Republicans in order to make Clinton look bad. If we could get the Senate to act that way, too...whooee!! Since Republicans do a miserable job of voting conservative when there is an R after the president's name, well...

bigalsc
bigalsc 08/31/08 - 10:56 am
dontwantademocrat, your

dontwantademocrat, your delusional.

jack
jack 08/31/08 - 01:53 pm
cyou299, seems God's children

cyou299, seems God's children (Jews) went to war when attacked throuout history, and as for cutting the social services programs, show us the stats as I don't believe Bush has cut anything. BTW, it ain't Bush or the President in charge of the budget for the past two years, so what have the DIMs done for the poor other than make promises for more give away programs to buy votes? They (DIMs) took off on vacation without passing ANY authorization bills being passed OR an energy plan.

Accord tops list of stolen vehicles

The National Insurance Crime Bureau released its annual report on the 10 most stolen vehicles in the country earlier this month, and some residents say they aren't surprised with what they saw.