Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, Ga. 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
l The Columbia County Recreation Department is looking for individuals 16 and older to officiate youth baseball. For more information, contact Gary Tam at (706) 312-7409 or Jim Mock at (706) 312-7407.
- The Georgia Lightning 14-under travel baseball team is looking for several dedicated players for the upcoming season. For more information, contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
l The Harlem Crush 11U travel baseball team is looking for dedicated players. Pitchers are a plus. If you are interested in joining, contact Emmett Perdue at (706) 556-8335, (706) 825-8591 or Bobby Burke at (706) 863-0696.
- Registration is now open for the CSRA Fall Baseball League. Any child ages 8-18 can participate. The fee is $50 per player or $500 for a full team. The season will run for 6 weeks beginning Sept. 15 and games will be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays . Registration forms will be accepted until Monday . For more information or to register, visit www.csraleague.com.
- The Aiken/Edgefield District of the South Carolina Football Officials Association is looking for individuals interested in becoming football officials for the 2008 season and beyond. You must possess a high school diploma, a high school certificate or its equivalent to join. For more information, call Ron Paul at (803) 221-9218 or Steve Hook at (860) 303-3718.
l The Eagle Sports Guardians football team is looking for private and home-school students ages 13-18 to play for its team. Practices are Monday through Friday, excluding Wednesday, from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $250 per player for pads and equipment. For more information, call (706) 739-0113 or (803) 275-0643.
- The 1963 Tubman Junior High Football Team will have a 45 year reunion of players, managers and coaches on Sept. 5. Anyone who knows an individual who was associated with that please, please have them contact Charlie Beale at (706) 863-9818 or Pat Ford at (706) 650-0405 by Aug. 28.
l The Egolf Amateur Tour of Augusta will play its next event at Forest Hills Golf Club on Tuesday . There will be a 9:30 a.m. shotgun start. The entry fee is $65. Guests are welcome. For more information, call Phil Robinson at (706) 414-1170 or visit www.amateurgolftour.net.
- Men Making A Difference will hold a golf tournament at Gordon Lakes Golf Club on Saturday . Check-in is from 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. with a 12:30 p.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $35 for members of Gordon Lakes and $45 for nonmembers. To sign up, call Willie Williams at (706) 791-3007 or (706) 627-3234 or Willie J. Battle at (706) 592-2280 or (706) 231-2007.
- The Georgia Tech Club of Augusta will hold its 12th annual golf tournament of Saturday at Forest Hills Golf Club. The format will be a four person Lauderdale with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. For more information or to sign-up, contact Chip Cochran at (706) 726-8658 or Don Thorstad at (706) 724-5756, (706) 7336263.
- The John de la Howe School Alumni Association Open Golf Tournament will be held at Savannah Lakes Village's Monticello Championship Golf Course in McCormick on Saturday. The cost is $70 per player, and the field is limited to 30 four-man teams. For more information or to receive a registration form, call Ann Caughman at (864) 391-0424.
- A lacrosse league is forming for interested players ages 18 and up. No experience is necessary. The league will be run by current high school coaches. Practice and games are on Sundays at noon at the Kroger field in Evans. For more information, call (706) 854-1908.
- The Augusta Recreation and Parks Department will hold fall registration for adult softball through Aug. 31 . To register, call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682.
- The Augusta Recreation and Parks Department will hold fall registration for adult volleyball through Aug. 31 . To register, call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682.
- Python Gym's Strongest Man/Strongest Woman "Reps" contest will be held Saturday at Python Gym, 2250 Lumpkin Road, at 11 a.m. Entry fee is $30. For additional information, call (706) 790-3806.