Aspiring cartoonists can enter our "So You Think You Can Draw?" contest.
There are three categories:
- Comic strip/panel cartoons
- Editorial cartoons
- Comic books
There are four age groups in each category:
- Elementary school (ages 6-10)
- Middle school (ages 11-14)
- High school (ages 15-18)
- Adult (ages 19 and up)
- Comic strip and panel cartoonists should submit three black-and-white samples and a title of their strip or cartoon.
- Editorial cartoonists should send in black-and-white editorial cartoons on three subjects.
- Comic book artists should send in three black-and-white pages, including title page.
- Draw big on 81/2-by-11-inch paper.
- Lettering should be printed clearly.
- Make sure you include your name and address and a contact phone number and e-mail address.
- Entries must be submitted by 6 p.m. Friday. Send them to: Tharon Giddens, The Augusta Chronicle P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928.
Entries will be judged by a panel, including Tharon Giddens, The Augusta Chronicle features editor; Rick McKee, The Chronicle editorial cartoonist; and Steven Uhles, The Chronicle arts and entertainment reporter.
Entries will be posted online at chronicle.augusta.com, and readers can vote for their favorite once every 24 hours throughout the voting period. Reader voting will count 75 percent and the judging panel 25 percent.
Entries must be the artist's original work.
Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each category.
QUESTIONS? E-mail tharon.giddens@ augustachronicle.com or call (706) 823-3347.