Rants and Raves

I WAS SHOPPING at the Reid's grocery store on Jefferson Davis Highway and I saw what seemed to be some kind of incident in the parking lot. At first, I was impressed at how fast the ambulance arrived. But I continued to watch and one of the EMTs seemed to be getting upset. She even started swearing and saying words that I think are completely unprofessional. She began talking on her cell phone. I have had to call an Aiken ambulance before because my father has poor health, but after watching the fiasco in that parking lot, I will think again. Something needs to be done about this unprofessionalism.

A RAVE FOR JIMMY in the North Augusta Walgreens photo lab. Thank you for the wonderful service.

THIS IS A RANT to the people at Wal-Mart and grocery stores that are too lazy to return the shopping carts to the designated areas. I don't like shopping carts left by my car. I don't want dents and dings on my new car. If you're too lazy to push them back then you're too lazy to go shopping. Stay home.

WHY DON'T ALL you South Carolina people with the Bulldog tags and stickers move to Georgia. Do you know how stupid you look with the big "G" on your windows with South Carolina license tags?

HUGE RAVE to Dr. Wilkins in Aiken. MCG, you are so blessed to have this man teach your students. His staff was wonderfully kind and he was the savior of the day for me and my husband. Thank you so much for fitting me into your schedule. You will be so blessed.

AN EX-SOUTH Carolina state trooper "got caught kicking a suspect" and pleaded not guilty to a "civil rights charge." No one seems to know what kind of verbal challenge the "victim" was saying, so the odds are the trooper got things right. But he's being persecuted anyway. Nowadays, it's standard operating procedure to go after cops rather than after criminals. Consider that cops must be terribly frustrated with their jobs; and crooks have absolutely no respect for legal authority. And the district attorneys and the judges go after the cops. Soon, nobody will be willing to be a cop; then watch those district attorneys and judges scream -- and run and hide.

THIS IS A RANT to the person who was driving down Pine Log Road late Wednesday night, July 30. You must have had nothing else to do but play baseball tag with my mailbox and about six others. This is the second time in a year that this has happened to me. I hope you had fun; now get a life!

THE JULY 30 Augusta Chronicle has a story saying that in Aiken, "...some people don't feel they are Republican or Democrat." Go, people! Anybody with a brain nowadays is neither. Now, to convince the big media so they will cover stories from candidates who come from neither big party. And now to convince voters that our votes still count if we vote for somebody other than a Democrat or a Republican.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 08/10/08 - 04:16 am
This is a rant for the

This is a rant for the Augusta Chronicle. It's 5:16 am and you don't even have the online paper live yet.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 08/10/08 - 04:50 am
This is a rant for the

This is a rant for the Augusta Chronicle. It's 5:50 am and you don't even have the online paper live yet.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 08/10/08 - 05:12 am
This is a rant for the

This is a rant for the Augusta Chronicle. It's 6:11 am and you don't even have the online paper live yet.

Nammy
Nammy 08/10/08 - 05:19 am
Putt-calm down dude...it's

Putt-calm down dude...it's here now...go get yourself something to relax ya...lol. I have noticed when they work on getting this section up and running along with the every day paper...it takes them way longer....don't get yer panties in a ruffle over it tho. Come get a massage maybe? (':

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 08/10/08 - 05:22 am
Good morning, just trying to

Good morning, just trying to make a point. This entire site is not managed well at all. Now....about that massage...lol

Nammy
Nammy 08/10/08 - 05:24 am
Good morning to you too. I

Good morning to you too. I see that...lol. Cute. (':

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 08/10/08 - 08:20 am
What a stupid rant about the

What a stupid rant about the Bulldog stickers.

Farful
Farful 08/10/08 - 08:46 am
did somebody say massage ?

did somebody say massage ?

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 08/10/08 - 01:14 pm
Ignorance as well. I guess

Ignorance as well. I guess they didn't have the intelligence to figure out that just because you went to a school in another state and you actually MOVED away that you are not STILL supposed to be loyal to your alma mater.. What ignorance!

stephykins
stephykins 08/10/08 - 01:26 pm
If you have to call 911

If you have to call 911 because your father is in poor health, you don't exactly get a choice in who shows up. She may have not used her best judgement while being out in public but you can bet your butt she's a good EMT and can save your life. Those people work long hours and get paid next to nothing. Cut her a little slack, she was probably having a bad day.

kiddspur
kiddspur 08/10/08 - 02:25 pm
To the one complaining about

To the one complaining about the Big G on the cars with SC tags,-- hey Dumass don't you think there might me Georgia fans in SC also just like Gamecock or Clemson fans in Geogia -- that was a dig dong statement.

rabbit
rabbit 08/10/08 - 03:10 pm
OMG People come on already is

OMG People
come on already
is everyone so bored they have to fuss about people having G on their vehicle whule living in Ga
first of all what difference does it make?

and about the EMT that is complete BS no matter how hard their job is or whatever they, have no right acting in that way
complete uncalled for and unacceptable

rabbit
rabbit 08/10/08 - 03:11 pm
can you say TypeO LOL

can you say TypeO
LOL

huggybear30809
huggybear30809 08/10/08 - 08:50 pm
Dont worry when Putt gets

Dont worry when Putt gets older than 14 maybe they will learn to be calm rather than Idiots.

Newsreader
Newsreader 08/11/08 - 08:07 am
No excuse for the EMT's

No excuse for the EMT's behavior. If the stress of the job is too much, then get another job. If you are not working as an EMT to help people, then you are in the right job to begin with. However, having said that, I do not think this is typical behavior of EMTs in Aiken County. I feel the incident needs to be address through EMS and that can not be done through this forum. Speak to the EMS supervisor at Aiken County and give them specfic information, they will then respond appropriate. Please do not be afraid to call for help whenever and wherever it is needed. Chances are that the fiasco you witness was due to someone calling for an Ambulance when they did not need one or the person whom the EMTs were attending to did not want to go to the hospital. Those are the things that upset the EMTs. If your toe or head hurts (or anywhere in between) and has been "for a while" then ride in that car you are sitting in to the hospital or doctor's office, you don't need an ambulance. And if your friend does not want to go to the hospital, then the EMTs can not make them go, that would be kidnapping.

City inspectors look to demolish Goodale House

Rob Sherman, director of Augusta's License and Inspection Department, said his staff plans to ask a State Court judge in early 2015 to order the endangered property, which was built in 1799 and is ...