So, should we fly the Nazi flag too?

Regarding the NAACP's boycott of South Carolina "over a flag":

How about some historical perspective? Can you imagine a time when it would be acceptable for Germany to fly a Nazi flag?

I doubt many thoughtful people would buy the argument that the swastika symbolizes "heritage, not hate."

Flying the Confederate flag is shameful. God bless the NAACP for reminding us.

Joe Beck, Augusta

Ronsonit
Ronsonit 08/04/08 - 09:34 am
I wasn't a glimmer in my

I wasn't a glimmer in my grandaddy's eye when the flag symolized National Pride. In this life it symbolizes only one thing. EVERY person I've met in the last twenty years who flies one will be happy to tell you 'bout the Ni**ers. It represents Prejudice, Superiority, Distrust, Oppression and Freedom to Hate others without reason. It also represents the desire to have the opportunity to live like your Grandaddy 'cause "It's a Heritage Thang" Hang that damned thing in the KKK meeting hall where it'll get the respect it's due, like the Clozet Nazi's do with theirs. But, don't try & fly it to represent who "I" am.

jack
jack 08/04/08 - 09:35 am
Repulicant, trying to blame

Repulicant, trying to blame the slave trade on Africa's ills is about as stupid a statement as ever from you (typical). It is a matter of historical fact that African colonies were much better governed than since being turned over to Africans to govern. Nothing but genocide and chaos since.

africanamericantom
africanamericantom 08/04/08 - 09:37 am
ronsonit, you and republicant

ronsonit, you and republicant make a nice pile of dog shieet!

mommie2
mommie2 08/04/08 - 09:38 am
I don't see slavery as my

I don't see slavery as my heritage and I never will. My family comes from very poor beginnings much like everyone else's here probably. My ancestors were almost as low as the slaves as they were considered "white trash." Plantation owners treated poor whites just as bad. Why would you call something your "heritage" if slavery is considered inhumane by every human rights organization out there? If you want to consider slavery your heritage...fine. But not all white Southerners do and that needs to be made very clear.

mommie2
mommie2 08/04/08 - 09:41 am
And I would like for CSA to

And I would like for CSA to comment again. That was rather humorous.

RockyMayer
RockyMayer 08/04/08 - 09:47 am
ronsonit- exactly.

ronsonit- exactly.

africanamericantom
africanamericantom 08/04/08 - 09:54 am
Well, I guess we better stop

Well, I guess we better stop flying the stars and stripes too. What say all you confederate battle flag bashers, you all hypocrits???

Uncle Remus
Uncle Remus 08/04/08 - 10:00 am
No, you axed WHO? ...and Is

No, you axed WHO? ...and Is it a national holiday? den you done answered your own question. You never did mention Army.
I do believes Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Georgia have a RE Lee state Holiday. In Virginia the 18th of Jan. is Lee/Jackson Day. Stonewall Jackson's birthday is Jan.21 so dey done combined dem fo de 2nd and 3rd of Virginia's sons.

Don't put old Georgia down, she leads in more ways dan you know...

Farful
Farful 08/04/08 - 10:03 am
Beck, you are a nut. There

Beck, you are a nut. There is no comparison to the two flags.

Republicant
Republicant 08/04/08 - 10:15 am
Remus, your act may be

Remus, your act may be humorous to some, but your accent grows tiresome. I was talking to halfwit tom over there. Cyndi is the one who brought the army into this conversation. Jack, you missed my point about africa entirely. Some cretin said that blacks are better off here in the U.S. than they were in Africa, almost as though she expected some gratitude. I meant to illustrate that had the Europeans not started to rape that continent, things may not have ended up so poorly over there. Trying to compare the U.S. Flag with the confederate rag is a b.s. If you want so badly to cling to a racist past, go ahead. Don't expect to ever leave the trailer park and find someone that agrees with your backwood lifestyle.

Farful
Farful 08/04/08 - 10:29 am
Blacks are better off in this

Blacks are better off in this country. Or, I suppose you could be starving in some disease infested village in Africa.

africanamericantom
africanamericantom 08/04/08 - 10:37 am
Yes, dim wit repug and I ws

Yes, dim wit repug and I ws talking to you, idiot, I never said it was a national holiday. Your two brain cells can't get that together?????? By the way repug, if you are white, barack is a homo!

Republicant
Republicant 08/04/08 - 10:44 am
lol...Barack must be the

lol...Barack must be the pitcher and you must be the catcher then, tom. Ghtty, you are a moron. Of course they are better off here. But of course, their welfare was the first priority of the slavers.

dani
dani 08/04/08 - 10:44 am
My great-grandfather has a

My great-grandfather has a confederate marker on his grave. I am proud of my ancestors. His father, (my great-great) fought in the Revolutionary War. I don't fly a Confederate flag, a Rev War flag, nor any flag other than the U.S.flag I am an American, period.

Republicant
Republicant 08/04/08 - 10:45 am
BTW, Remus is the one who

BTW, Remus is the one who can't understand the difference between a few states holding a holiday and the entire country.

realistineducation
realistineducation 08/04/08 - 10:49 am
the naacp really needs to get

the naacp really needs to get a grip, there are much more important issues that need to be addressed in the african-american community, instead, they are wasting time and money on the flag issue. please people, look at your community, do you realize how man aa's are dying of aids in this country? someone needs to slap some sense into the leaders of the naacp

they call me pete
they call me pete 08/04/08 - 10:55 am
By the way, guess who

By the way, guess who provided the slaves? Oh my...other blacks did. And I am still looking for anybody to answer the question I have posed many times...name me ONE just ONE country run by black people that is majority black that has a economically sound and politically sound system.

RockyMayer
RockyMayer 08/04/08 - 11:03 am
Pete- what is your point with

Pete- what is your point with that quesiton... are you saying it cannot be done? and why is one of the stipulations that the majority of the population must be black too?

they call me pete
they call me pete 08/04/08 - 11:06 am
I'm saying it hasn't been

I'm saying it hasn't been done oh brilliant rocky. Answer the question oh wise and intelligent one.

they call me pete
they call me pete 08/04/08 - 11:09 am
Blacks will find some

Blacks will find some symbolic gesture of hate in anything that whites use a means of expressing their heritage. Blacks as a whole are far more discriminatory than whites. This whole argument is a case in point.

KarlMarx
KarlMarx 08/04/08 - 11:12 am
The Third Reich was a

The Third Reich was a reaction to germany's mistreatment at the end of world war 1. Second the nazi's were a reaction to communist and multicultuarl inflitration into germany. Third even back then there was a concern over Germanys birth rate. The Northern Europeans are becoming extinct. By 2100 the English will be a minority in their own country. How do you like them apples?

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 08/04/08 - 11:30 am
I agree with some of the

I agree with some of the other posters...I think something as large and powerful as the naacp should be focusing more on things that would really help blacks and other races, like combating gang violence and all this black on black crime. Protest in the gang neighborhoods.. get something done there instead of worrying about things like a stupid flag. Do something that would really make a difference. Do you think the cause off all this black on black crime, all the gang bangers, and drug dealers in your race are thinking about that flag and what happened to their ancestors?? NO!!! They are just evil and doing more harm to the black race than any person today who flys a certain stupid flag. You can boycott a whole state over a stupid flag, but nothing to combat things that are rapidly harming your race. Do something that really makes a difference, not just for blacks but it would end up helping all citizens in the long run making this country better for all of our children!!! Naacp has done many great things, but sometimes I think thier priorities are a lil screwed up, just MHO. =)

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 08/04/08 - 11:32 am
lol repub.. Tombstone....I

lol repub.. Tombstone....I haven't felt well this moring... thanks for the laugh it tickled me!! I love that movie!! One of my fav's!!

africanamericantom
africanamericantom 08/04/08 - 11:35 am
Come on repug, you ready to

Come on repug, you ready to take down the stars and stripes since it flew over slavery and sanctioned the slave trade???? You are one hypocritical pile of shieet, I can give you credit for that!

dani
dani 08/04/08 - 11:37 am
They could take a stand

They could take a stand against obese people. Predictions are that by the year 2022 all of us will be obese. Watch television and see the folks waddling down the streets. yikes!

they call me pete
they call me pete 08/04/08 - 11:39 am
back in 1957, 'they' said

back in 1957, 'they' said we'd all be driving flying cars, too. Where's mine?? Whitey stole it whitey stole it!!! I want my reparations!!! Or at least some chicken...

newtothegame
newtothegame 08/04/08 - 11:41 am
Is there something wrong with

Is there something wrong with flying a Nazi flag? jk

RockyMayer
RockyMayer 08/04/08 - 11:42 am
Pete, i must have pushed a

Pete, i must have pushed a button O' not-so-wise one. I think you pointing out that it hasnt been done doesnt quite make the point you think you are. I haven't paid to to ride along to the moon, but that doesn't mean I cant when I become a movie star. ;)

africanamericantom
africanamericantom 08/04/08 - 11:45 am
Roc ky, I thought you ere a

Roc ky, I thought you ere a star, the squrriel on Bullwinkie!

RockyMayer
RockyMayer 08/04/08 - 11:49 am
heard of the show, but its a

heard of the show, but its a tad old for my generation. funny attempt though.

Ex-superintendent to write of miraculous recovery

Taking his doctor's advice, former Richmond County school superintendent Frank Roberson has nearly finished writing a 150-page book about his remarkable recovery from brain trauma.