Deception lies with the pro-lifers

Gail Sikes ("Pro-lifers stand for more than children," July 8) should realize broader truths beyond her own self-defined ones. "Love of all mankind" and "protection of all human beings from fertilization until natural death" are empty shibboleths in this instance, because pro-lifers do not, in effect, practice the first one, and it would seem that even God does not practice the second one.

Pro-lifers believe they have superior insight, and assert that an unconscious fetus, or mass of embryonic tissue, is a person. They believe their irrational viewpoint is unquestionable because they know better. They further believe the imposition of a personal ideology on others is an act of love. Humans and animals share the same biology. Yet if I were to insist that a sheep embryo is a lamb, and that killing said embryo equates with the slaughter of an innocent lamb that eats, breathes and feels pain, people would think me insane. In fact, it is illustrative of the logic of pro-lifers.

At least one-third of all conceptions end in spontaneous abortion usually because of fetal defects. That makes God the biggest abortionist of all.

Most women who were not coerced and feel the decision was right for them experience no post abortion trauma. The women who feel traumatized are mainly victims of the very self-appointed moralists and crusaders who claim to have women's best interests at heart. They, along with patriarchal, controlling religions that subjugate women, inflict untold suffering by engendering guilt, depression and other useless emotions in those who should be free to determine their destinies without interference from self-righteous busybodies.

Planned Parenthood does not deceive or deny facts. Deception is the specialty of pro-lifers with their hysterical hogwash and calls for governmental control over an intensely private matter, all in the name of love.

Joni Ellsworth, North Augusta S.C.

DrGunby68
DrGunby68 07/22/08 - 03:30 am
wedge !!

wedge !!

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 07/22/08 - 04:25 am
Of course humans and sheep

Of course humans and sheep are the same......if you don't want children, DON'T have sex!!! I am single and celibate for 7 years, it isn't hell.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 07/22/08 - 04:50 am
Let us not forget the

Let us not forget the deception from the other side, ie the refusal to admit that a human being is killed in 100% of all abortions. Calling the baby by some other name does not keep it from being a human.

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 07/22/08 - 04:54 am
Women have always had control

Women have always had control of their bodies, they just don't have control of their morals.....but men don't either.

csrareader
csrareader 07/22/08 - 04:56 am
Joni, this fact is

Joni, this fact is undeniable. You are able to expound on your misguided philosophy because your mother had respect for human life and protected you while in the womb. It's a shame that you do not have the same respect for human life.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 07/22/08 - 05:03 am
Funny it's all about a

Funny it's all about a woman's right to choose, or what to do with her body. Why is the father's permission not required to kill HIS baby? It does take 2 to make a baby doesn't it? I'm sure that the reason that no one wants to get permission from the father is that they would have to admit that it is more than just "tissue" but actually a baby.

JesusIsComing
JesusIsComing 07/22/08 - 06:08 am
When the pro-abort's best

When the pro-abort's best defense is to equate a sheep with a baby . . . I think we have won the argument.

christian134
christian134 07/22/08 - 06:49 am
Pro-life is not some phrase

Pro-life is not some phrase put together by man as a political statement...Pro-life means just that "I am for life" God given created life...The Bible tells me that life is determined by God and God alone...Man doesn't have the right to pronounce what is and what isn't life..If mankind's ideas of life differ from God's then who of you have the right to declare otherwise...Abortion is killing...."Me, Me" ideology does not usurp the "Great I Am" of all creations...

owensjef2
owensjef2 07/22/08 - 06:53 am
DON'T have sex!!! I wish

DON'T have sex!!! I wish that urge was that simple.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 07/22/08 - 06:56 am
SisX, you are right on with

SisX, you are right on with your 5:03 post. Copperhead, I have you beat. Not since Feb 2000, and I could care less about having relations. I'm like TNT, I know drama. Abstinence and celibacy are good things. I don't have to share anyone's dramatic emotional roller coaster ride with my own. And I don't have to share my money, my time, or my views. I'd rather come on here and get bashed as an unknown by a bunch of other unknowns. Less personal, more enjoyable. I can walk away anytime I wish. Man what a perfect world we live in when we choose the right choice.

christian134
christian134 07/22/08 - 07:28 am
Don't have sex just for the

Don't have sex just for the sake of having sex...Newsflash it is possible just like it is possible not to go out and, say, oh not murder someone today, not eat greasy foods, not drink to excess, not climb up on a bridge and jump off...It is all a matter of controlling your urges...After all as human beings God gave us a sense of right and wrong and choices...What we do with them is up to us..For those who have no choice in what some piece of scum does to them, I don't have the answers, but to kill the baby is wrong..They are not to blame anymore than the woman who was violated....

fd1962
fd1962 07/22/08 - 07:30 am
I can't remember a better

I can't remember a better written, more logical LTE than this one today. Well done, Joni, but get ready for the marxist, subversive treatment by the entrenched protozoans here. Glory.

1941
1941 07/22/08 - 07:31 am
Joni E, I agree with you

Joni E, I agree with you 100%!!! These do gooders sit on their behinds and Judge!!! They take certain parts of the bible and use it to get a point across.What happend to Go and mutiply.? Also to GAcopperhead, that is your buisness, what if I said you were wrong for not having sex? You would think I had lost my mind!!!! God gave each of us a mind, why do others think they have the right speak for grown people or get upset because , others do not blindly agree with them. They can complain all they want, me and others will continue to do what we want with our bodies and our UNWANTED PREGANCIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/22/08 - 07:37 am
When does a tissue mass

When does a tissue mass become a baby and why is the baby unconscious? Only by lowering your opinion of the value of human life can you make these statements. The comments referring to men telling women how to act and women having the right to kill their unborn babies says a lot about your mental state. I noticed personal responsibility (before and after conception) didn't even enter into your letter. This also says a lot to me about who you are.

KSL
KSL 07/22/08 - 07:39 am
I believe in personal

I believe in personal responsibility. Learn it, practice it, teach it. Or suffer the consequences. Don't tell me what to do. Mind your own business.

KSL
KSL 07/22/08 - 07:40 am
Wrote that before I read you

Wrote that before I read you comment, PT.

fd1962
fd1962 07/22/08 - 07:45 am
Just realized I poached two

Just realized I poached two lives for breakfast - going to Hell for sure now.

yak11
yak11 07/22/08 - 07:54 am
LOL>.I am guessing the writer

LOL>.I am guessing the writer is trying very hard to justify a past decision....

justus4
justus4 07/22/08 - 07:55 am
The article is expressed well

The article is expressed well and makes a sound point. Yes, much of pro-lifers view is obviously transparent and hypocritical because "they" eagerly support state-sponsored killings, which would violate their so-called religious principle, IF they truely believed "Thou Shalt Not Kill." A woman must have the choice to choose and not under pressure from a govnm"t that stress freedom as a pillar of it's existence.

john
john 07/22/08 - 07:56 am
what is interesting is when

what is interesting is when the left gets their free healthcare, do they really thing the government is going to want to pay for their party fouls? I think there are cases where abortion is appropriate (ok, I have to go to confession now) but post coitus birth control is not it. Im adopted, so i got lucky. Actually, clearly my birth mother was not as enlightened as the author here. I also have one on the way and it wasnt very long into it before I got to see a hearbeat on the ultrasound. Its not a burden, its not an inconvenience, its a child that you and someone else made.

DuhJudge
DuhJudge 07/22/08 - 07:58 am
They are babies for God's

They are babies for God's sakes. They have no advocates unless it is us. Do not look at birth as a curse, it is a miracle. Unprotected sex should not be given the death penalty. And I am not using my faith or words from the Bible to organize my argument. Some things are wrong and you just know it.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 07/22/08 - 07:59 am
A sheep embryo is identified

A sheep embryo is identified as a sheep embryo because it is not going to be born as anything other than a lamb. A human embryo will not be born as anything other than a baby. If you kill a baby it is murder no matter what stage of life it is in. Once the conception occurs, you have a human embryo. Is it okay to murder someone as an embryo, but not as a teen? NO! The human embryo's DNA is set as a unique person. If it is okay to kill the embryo, it is okay to kill the baby after birth, it is okay to kill a teen, it is okay to euthanize your elders, because you are just quibbling about murdering a person at his most vulnerable stage of life, why not other vulnerable stages, too? After all, you kill the lamb for veal, you kill the sheep for mutton, why not kill grandma or grandpa because it is convenient for you? You don't. Human embryos are humans, not animals to be murdered for your convenience. Once conception occurs that baby is not just yours, either, it also carries the DNA of the father and relatives. Once you are pregnant, it's not about YOU anymore! The rights of the fathers, relatives & murdered babies have been ignored too long by pregnant females.

steve-o
steve-o 07/22/08 - 08:05 am
The writer calls God "The

The writer calls God "The biggest abortionist of all" , while trying to back her claim that "At least one-third of all conceptions end in spontaneous abortion usually because of fetal defects" Where are your sources for your claim? Who's really being deceptive?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 07/22/08 - 08:11 am
The only deception I see in

The only deception I see in this letter is Joni Ellsworth's self-deception. Once a man and woman have united in a way that results in conception it is no longer a private matter. There are three people now involved directly, the mother, the father, the baby and indirectly, every relative they have. That is one reason why people are encouraged to restrict sexuality to marriage, for marriage is designed for the protection and nurture of babies that may result from sexuality, despite precautions, conception sometimes will occur anyway. If women continue to toss their unwanted babies into the trash, how can they expect men to feel as if sex is something they need to act responsibly about? Why should they? You're eliminating not only a human life, but a biological father's accountability. This is resulting in a culture of death.

Honden
Honden 07/22/08 - 08:27 am
Life begins AT conception.

Life begins AT conception. Not a moment before or afterwards. The taking of an innocent life is murder. hence, Abortion is murder. As far as "pro-choice" is concerned, I would submit that she ALREADY made her choice when she spread her legs. ( with the exception of rape ). It's not like birth control methods aren't widely available.

soldout
soldout 07/22/08 - 08:33 am
Joni has believed the lies of

Joni has believed the lies of the devil. She will change her mind at some point and have regrets. I pray for a quick change and less regrets. Once she understands how much God loves her all her views will change and she will be filled with joy and peace that the world can't give her. God won't give up on Joni and wants her to be His child.

LynxRHot
LynxRHot 07/22/08 - 08:44 am
This is to saywhat!.....You

This is to saywhat!.....You commented "What happend to Go and mutiply.? " What a fool you must be. Go and multiply means just that....MULITPLY. It does not mean make a baby then do what you want with the unwanted child.

mojo
mojo 07/22/08 - 08:45 am
This lte is neither logical

This lte is neither logical nor well written. Instead it is filled with vitriol, absurd statements and most important of all a disregard for human life. I'm glad I don't suffer from such destructive views. Despite all the rhetoric the right exists today in the US, the right to have an abortion has nothing to do with scientific or religious views. Instead it's based on an almost 40 year old Supreme Court decision to uphold a woman's right to privacy in her medical affairs. It's an unfortunate circumstance to confuse these issues and hold such misguided views - but to spew them like venom in a public setting demonstrates to all how troubled your soul must be. One should never base your convictions on the actions of other men or women - otherwise you will remain constantly disappointed, mislead and perhaps most importantly - angry enough to espouse foolish opinions publicly.

PLAYLIKETHUNDER4
PLAYLIKETHUNDER4 07/22/08 - 08:54 am
try this...put a new born

try this...put a new born puppy, a freshly hatched fledgling(that's a baby bird folks) ,or a minutes-old kitten in a waring blender and fire it up.the resulting bloody,puree will give you an idea of why people hate abortion. there is no reason for a "couple" to have an unwanted pregnancy in the year 2008...there's too many ways to prevent it. unwanted pregnancies are caused by ignorance and/or a momentary lapse of judgement( the excuse commonly expressed as the heat of the moment.)
abortions without life threatening issues are wrong...they are a cruel and murderous way of dealing with a stupid mistake that could have been prevented on the front side...note to baroness,contraception should be a "couples" choice, but the bottom line is a woman has the very last word,and w/o contraception in the picture, it should be no....it's a woman's choice too....

bone
bone 07/22/08 - 09:19 am
uh, the blender analogy is

uh, the blender analogy is lost on me (and a bit creepy). some serious sexual repression is making itself known on these pages.

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...