Christianity fights political correctness

Constantly, Christianity is called politically incorrect. We should be more tolerant. Christ and the Bible should be off-limits because their views are deemed dangerous.

One such dangerous view is that only through Christ can one see God and go to heaven. We hear it shuts out other religions and avenues to heaven. There is little argument that this is the reason many want Christianity to disappear forever.

God is not politically correct. He could not be PC if it lessens His sovereignty. Should we fear what we say because it offends a few? If we speak the truth, should we be denied our voice? We cannot be silenced by a few because they disagree. True Christianity cannot be watered down by political correctness. We can not apologize for the truth for the sake of a lie. If we do, we not only condemn ourselves, but condemn those to whom we witness.

There are no other paths to heaven except through Christ, who said it Himself, that He was "the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me." How else can you interpret this statement?

Political correctness needs to die a quick death, not a slow one, in this matter. Euthanasia, the choice of liberals, is recommended.

Clifford Henning, Graniteville, S.C.

grouse
grouse 07/07/08 - 01:39 am
Whatsamatter....God can't

Whatsamatter....God can't speak for himself??

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 07/07/08 - 04:32 am
Whatsamatter grouse, can't

Whatsamatter grouse, can't listen to God's Word? If truth hurts you that much then you really do have a problem, and that is bad for your soul. This author is correct in what he said, people do water down the Truth of the Word cause many don't believe God would really condemn you if you don't have Christ's Blood mark on your soul, and God can't stand Sin. He will never allow it in heaven. Without Christ, you will never get there, according to God himself.

christian134
christian134 07/07/08 - 05:59 am
Stand up and shout it loud

Stand up and shout it loud and clear Christians...Jesus Christ is the Only way, truth and life. There is no other way to attain eternal life. Jesus came to this earth to live and die and resurrected on the third day so that we, His people, can be with Him in heaven for all time...People can be as good as gold, they can help all kinds of folks, they can live in poverty giving all to the people but it will all be for nothing if they know of Jesus but fail to believe on Him...Our duty, indeed our whole duty, is to love Jesus with all our hearts and to spread the Good News of salvation while we are still on this earth to all who will listen...There is no such thing as political correctness in God's plan for mankind..Political correctness is one of Satan's finer ideas for throwing mankind into the pit forever...

JesusIsComing
JesusIsComing 07/07/08 - 06:00 am
Rom 10:13-14: "for, 'Everyone

Rom 10:13-14: "for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.' How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?"

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/07/08 - 06:19 am
Honesty fights political

Honesty fights political correctness, because it is the opposite.

Republicant
Republicant 07/07/08 - 07:14 am
Shout it as loud as you want,

Shout it as loud as you want, just don't come knocking on my door.

The Kingfish
The Kingfish 07/07/08 - 07:59 am
Hope you are n0t bothered by

Hope you are n0t bothered by Heat.

grouse
grouse 07/07/08 - 08:25 am
All religion is delusional.

All religion is delusional.

justthefacts
21988
justthefacts 07/07/08 - 08:28 am
It is always intersting to me

It is always intersting to me to see how some people's opinion on God changes about 2 minutes before the final breath. You know...just in case.

toldya
toldya 07/07/08 - 08:35 am
I believed when I was little,

I believed when I was little, I believe now and I will beleive with my last dying breath. No worrys here!

toldya
toldya 07/07/08 - 08:36 am
Grouse: God speaks- he even

Grouse: God speaks- he even had a book written. To hear his word-you must have faith. Quite simple really.

toldya
toldya 07/07/08 - 08:40 am
3rd papragraph from the

3rd papragraph from the bottom- We can not be silenced bya few because they disagree... well- they ought to look on the R & R Board, kinda happened here didn't it?

dani
dani 07/07/08 - 08:48 am
My sister was not a believer

My sister was not a believer and while a patient at University Hopsital she started internal bleeding and was dying. The doctors could do nothing. A minister (I don't know his name) came in and said, "Mrs. Williams, would you like for me to pray with you?" She answered, "Please".

toldya
toldya 07/07/08 - 08:50 am
Griz: is she ok?

Griz: is she ok?

dani
dani 07/07/08 - 09:00 am
gotta. She didn't make it.

gotta. She didn't make it. That was the last word she spoke. Thank you for asking. It is hard when you lose someone unexpectedly, but things sometimes happen that man can't control.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 07/07/08 - 09:13 am
I'm not sure what faith has

I'm not sure what faith has to do with political correctness. It's a shame the writer had to end his article by mentioning liberals. It wasn't 'politically correct' to say that. Seems to me Henning started off okay but digressed into just the thing he was condemning. Life comes at us fast as the commercial says, but it also ends unexpectedly. It is an appointment made by God, kept by us, whether we know or like it or not. I hope we all remember that our own words will judge us.

toldya
toldya 07/07/08 - 09:26 am
God must have needed another

God must have needed another beautiful flower for his garden. She is happier now sweet pea, count on it.

justus4
justus4 07/07/08 - 09:52 am
"Political correctness?" What

"Political correctness?" What is this? A code word? YOUR religion is YOUR business, not mine. The article talks about truth and salvation, while wishing "quick death" to silence opposition. And he wonders why so-called Christians are not trusted to spew their views anywhere and everywhere. And no one wants Christianity to "disappear" (in the article), your paranoia is what makes your views dangerous to all. Ya gotta get out more.

christian134
christian134 07/07/08 - 09:57 am
Oh Please justus....:-)

Oh Please justus....:-)

dani
dani 07/07/08 - 09:58 am
jusus..It doesn't matter who

jusus..It doesn't matter who YOU trust. The masses like it and trust it.

bone
bone 07/07/08 - 10:08 am
the masses seem to be

the masses seem to be converting to islam and mormonism, too, griz. i tend to distrust the masses as a general rule since the lemming reaction is a driving force.

imdstuf
imdstuf 07/07/08 - 10:25 am
God exists in books. So does

God exists in books. So does Mary Poppins. I could have faith in her, does not make her real though.

toldya
toldya 07/07/08 - 10:33 am
imdstuff: have faith in

imdstuff: have faith in yourself- did you ever get a "funny feeling" about anything? then go against it- and thought- "I knew I should've listened to that little voice"?

toldya
toldya 07/07/08 - 10:34 am
well- that was your spirit.

well- that was your spirit.

dinohntr
dinohntr 07/07/08 - 10:42 am
I agree with the last

I agree with the last paragraph of the article. Political correctness needs to die and die quickly.

It is divisive and puts fear into people who want to have intelligent debates.

ishefa
ishefa 07/07/08 - 10:57 am
When millions of Native

When millions of Native Americans were being dispossessed of their lands and exterminated, the "purists" had a Bible in their hands. When millions of Africans were forcibly enslaved, and suffering the humiliation of Jim Crow there was a church on every corner sanctioning their oppression, and the destruction of their customs and spiritual practices. Much hatred, bigotry, oppression, murder, mayhem and ignorance has been generated in the name of Christianity. This nation was not founded by Christians. There was a continent of Native Americans here whose customs and spiritual practices pre-date Christianity. Christianity is a state supported religion used to control the masses and condemn and suppress all older and more legitimate forms of spiritual practices. If you are a Christian, that is your business. But please leave your proselytizing, judgment, and bigotry at your own door step. There are many ethnic groups in this country who follow a different path, and should be respected. I have my way, and I am secure to follow it with the same conviction as you "Christians."

Bizarro
Bizarro 07/07/08 - 11:06 am
So grouse 96% of planet

So grouse 96% of planet beholds to some faith. I would gather those who oppose are probably more on the delusional side, at least that their opinion is the only correct one. hee,hee,hee. I agree that everyone should follow their own path and even Christians while on the same path aren't in the same place along the path. I was an atheist the majority of my life and then the spiritual side finally kicked in (must be mercury or another environmental factor-hee,hee) and I pursued Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, and finally Christianity. Christianity turned out to be my best fit, but I respect others who chose a different path. Many Schools of Psychiatry now also teach faith-based courses because it is such a fundamental aspect of humanity and our psyche.

toldya
toldya 07/07/08 - 11:07 am
America: first of the

America: first of the freedoms included- the freedom to beleive in who and where you want. Doesn't say anything about slanderizing other religiions. I am Christian. If you cn't live by the American freedoms- including the ability to allow people to beleive what they want- again- I will be the first one to puch you back over the border. I don't think anyone's religion includes being mean to other's religious beliefs.

toldya
toldya 07/07/08 - 11:09 am
Biz; the drs. finally figured

Biz; the drs. finally figured out that they weren't actually God. They also realized that most people believe in their faith to help heal them.

angel5605
angel5605 07/07/08 - 11:29 am
When I come to the Judgment

When I come to the Judgment Day I would rather say, "Well, Lord, I'm sorry, I guess I took it all in, hook, line, and sinker. Yep, I believed it all: transubstantiation, infallibility of the pope, the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin, incorrupt saints, stigmata, bleeding statues. I was taken in by the whole lot, and I hope you'll forgive me for being gullible." I'd rather say that than, "I'm sorry, I didn't believe. I was skeptical. I was cynical. I doubted. I spent more time trying to find out what wasn't true than discovering what was true."