Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, Ga. 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The Clint Bryant Basketball Camp will be held July 21-25 at the Riverview Park Activities Center in North Augusta. The camp is open to boys and girls in grades K-12. Camp hours are Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $200 prior to July 21 and $225 for a walk-in fee on the first day of camp. Tuition includes lunch, a T-shirt, a basketball and a participation certificate. Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, call (706) 825-2233 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches on the last Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club, located at 1929 Walton Way. There is no charge for attending, and the public is welcome. Adult boxers must weigh in the previous Monday, and youth must weigh in on Tuesday to be eligible to spar. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The 2008 Dogwood Open figure skating competition will be held Aug. 15-17 at the IcePlex in Raleigh, N.C. The event is sanctioned by U.S. Figure Skating. Levels of competition include Tots through Seniors and Adult Pre-Bronze through Masters. Basic Skills is $40 for the first event and $20 for additional events; Juvenile-Senior is $95 for the first event and $55 for additional events; Tots-Pre-Juvenile is $75 for the first event and $45 for additional events; Pairs is $45 per partner and event; Practice Ice is $10 per session. If 10 or more skaters from a club participate, 10 percent of the fee will be reimbursed. Registration deadline is July 15. Register at www.skatingclubnc.com or contact Mark Roseneberg at (919) 412-7378 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Aiken/Edgefield District of the South Carolina Football Officials Association is looking for individuals interested in becoming football officials for the upcoming season and beyond. You must have a high school diploma, a high school certificate or its equivalent to join. For more information, call Ron Paul at (803) 221-9218 or Steve Hook at (860) 303-3718.
- The Family YMCA Golf Camps will be held July 21-24 at Bartram Trail Golf Club from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cost is $149. For more information or to register, call Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752.
- The Augusta Area Junior Golf Association's summer schedule continues this week. Series I: Tuesday at Persimmon Hill Golf Club. Series II: Thursday at Pine Ridge Country Club; July 18 at Cedar Creek Golf Club; July 21 at Augusta Country Club. The membership fee is $130 and covers all fees for the tournament, prizes, and the awards banquet on July 22 . For more information, call Michael Carlisle at (803) 641-3528.
- Registration is now open for the 18th annual Georgia Games. To sign up for one of 50 events, visit www.georgiagames.org or call (770) 528-3580.
- The CSRA Bridge Club will play host to junior bridge camps on July 21 and 28 . Both camps will run from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The camps are for students between the ages of 8 and 14. Cost is $40 per student. Follow-up bridge games will be held on Saturdays at 9 a.m. at the CSRA Bridge Club. For more information, call (706) 650-9170 or (706) 833-6496.
- The GA-SC Bulls soccer club will play host to Bulls Summer Soccer Camps, beginning Monday. Sessions will be for boys and girls ages 5-14 and will be held in Columbia County, North Augusta and Aiken throughout July. Regional Division I and II college coaches and Bulls staff, as well as other soccer pros, are scheduled to appear. For more information or to register, visit www.GA-SCbulls.com.
- The Tri the Parks Triathlon Series will be held at Mistletoe State Park on July 26 . The event will feature triathlon and dualthon races. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Python Power League's Southeastern Drug-Free Powerlifting Championships will be held July 19 at 11 a.m. at Python Gym., located at 2250 Lumpkin Road.