Sonic Spotlight: Skip Neal

VIDEO: Skip Neal performs with Bone Side Down.

AGE: 46

Skip Neal (center) stands with two members of the four member band Bone Side Down, with Larry Morris (left) and Steve Smith.  Kendrick Brinson/Staff
Kendrick Brinson/Staff

HOMETOWN: Mobile, Ala.

MEMBER OF: Bone Side Down, 2007-present; the Buster Hymen Band, 1998-2000; Southroads Band, 2005-06

FAVORITE CONCERT ATTENDED: Santana, Bob Welch, Eddie Money in Mobile, Ala., 1970s. "My favorite is probably my first, just 'cause it was the coolest thing when I first started going to concerts. ... All of those bands were bands I listened to."

FAVORITE GIG: Straight Jacket opening for Blue Oyster Cult in Dothan, Ala., late 1980s. "It was a real big show."

IF HE COULD PERFORM WITH ANYONE : The Black Crowes

WORST GIG: With the Buster Hymen Band at a drug store's grand opening on Tobacco Road, around 2000. "It was outside, and it was a hot afternoon, and all the equipment, amps, were blowing over ... It was just terrible."

FAVORITE FOOD: Roma's Pizza. "I live in North Augusta, so I don't really get out that way much. But if I'm out there for any reason, I'll go by there and get some food."

PRE-SHOW RITUAL: "The only thing I really do is wash my hands. I know that sounds crazy, but I can't stand playing if I can't wash my hands first."

HANDPICKED CONCERT LINEUP: The Black Crowes, Twice as Hard and Kicking My Heart Around; Robin Trower, Day of the Eagle; The Ramones, I Wanna Be Sedated; Bob Marley, One Love; Rick Derringer, Rock & Roll, Hoochie Koo

BSD2008
BSD2008 06/19/08 - 11:53 am
Thanks to Ryan, TC , Kendrick

Thanks to Ryan, TC , Kendrick and All the guys the Chronicle who helped us out with this. Thanks to my son Colin for his help as a roadie and MC. Special thanks to the video photographer and use of the big conference room . Come see the whole band "Plugged-In" real soon. Also check out Playback-The Band w/Tutu @Surry. My little sound company provides production for their great band too.

final-ejusice
final-ejusice 06/19/08 - 04:07 pm
It's great to see some

It's great to see some recognition for you guys! Ya'll are great and would love to see you guys play 'out' more.

rose63
rose63 06/19/08 - 05:42 pm
Pretty neat vid with the

Pretty neat vid with the unplugged thing.
I'd like to see another show of yall's rocked up stuff.
do you have a web site? Or how do we find out when you are playing somewhere?

trixie m
trixie m 06/19/08 - 08:26 pm
Glad to see the band get

Glad to see the band get recognized. Ya gotta hear them play when they are fully miked and performing live! They really put on a great show.

jimandangie
jimandangie 06/19/08 - 08:27 pm
Good job, Uncle Larry...from

Good job, Uncle Larry...from Gabby and her best friend Helen

Jim and Angie agree!!!

Can't wait to see you perform in person!
Later Dude!

savannah11
savannah11 06/19/08 - 09:28 pm
WOW Uncle Larry!! I didn't

WOW Uncle Larry!! I didn't know we had a STAR in the family. I'll have to get your autograph next time your in Florida!! See ya soon...Savannah

stacykline
stacykline 06/19/08 - 10:21 pm
YOU SOUND GREAT!!!!!!!! You

YOU SOUND GREAT!!!!!!!! You need to book a show here in Florida. We all miss you and cant wait to see you again.

Stacy k. & family

p.s. it is kinda cool having a famous person in the family!!

benhymen
benhymen 06/20/08 - 12:16 am
good job hope to see you guys

good job hope to see you guys soon

BSD2008
BSD2008 06/20/08 - 11:09 am
OK. Here is the shamless plug

OK. Here is the shamless plug for work. LOL. Info for Bone Side Down show dates ,......or Contact for Booking a Show,...................or Info for hiring Skips Sound Co. for your event,.... Call 706-267-4905 or Email--- Skipneal3@bellsouth.net Thanks for all the kind words and see you soon. Skip

SANTA CLAUS JR
SANTA CLAUS JR 06/21/08 - 12:00 am
let the kid sing

let the kid sing

BSD2008
BSD2008 06/21/08 - 12:11 pm
He only does ACDC songs...and

He only does ACDC songs...and never for free.

Becka62
Becka62 06/21/08 - 01:07 pm
Hey, Skip. You guys sound

Hey, Skip. You guys sound awesome but I had no doubt that you would. Congratulations! I can think of no one who deserves the recognition more. Great band, super musician, awesome friend, and awesome father. Seeing Colin reminds me of you when we were younger. What a cutie!

Hope you guys can come to Atlanta soon.

Love and kisses from your 7th grade girlfriend!

Becka