A glimmer of enforcement

"It is the policy of the executive branch to enforce fully the immigration laws of the United States, including the detection and removal of illegal aliens and the imposition of legal sanctions against employers that hire illegal aliens."

-- President George Bush, in an executive order

Has an alien -- uh, the space kind -- taken over our president's body?

When the illegal immigration crisis finally got the nation's attention -- after illegals took to American streets with Mexican flags in hand to demand recognition and rights -- the argument was made that there was nothing else we could do.

There's no way you can deport 12 million to 20 million illegal aliens, the argument went.

Of course, it was a ruse all along. It's not necessary to actively deport most illegal aliens in order to get them to leave.

You don't even need the "comprehensive" immigration "reform" pushed on us by both parties for two years, at least until they felt the brunt of Americans' anger at the idea of amnesty.

No, all you have to do is enforce existing laws -- something the Bush administration has been inexplicably loath to do.

Now, however, President Bush has signed an executive order requiring federal contractors to verify workers' residency status.

The federal "E-verify" system was established under President Clinton, but has been voluntary until now.

Could it be the federal government is waking up to its responsibility to enforce its own laws?

What next? A secure border?

Maybe. But don't hold your breath -- especially since this is an election year, and Democratic nominee Barack Obama seems to think the illegal immigration problem is just that you're racist and irrationally fearful. Nor has John McCain been right on illegal immigration; he was one of the main sponsors of amnesty. And both parties will step lightly around the issue in an election year.

We don't know why the lame duck president finally got religion, but it's about time.

The U.S. is being played for a sucker on illegal immigration anyway, but how block-headed would it be for the government itself to be employing illegals -- which, despite rhetoric from the left, is against the law?

"This is the first time the federal government is ensuring that it will not be responsible, directly or indirectly, for hiring illegal aliens," says Rosemary Jenks, director of government relations for true reform advocate organization NumbersUSA.

Given the feds' chronic inaction on illegal immigration, an increasing number of states have passed their own laws requiring employers to check workers for immigration status.

They've been trying to enforce the laws the federal government was supposed to be enforcing.

It's nice to see the feds at least making a token effort to catch up.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 06:50 pm
Ok...I'll give an example

Ok...I'll give an example then. Rose made a smear claim that I have told lots of lies on this board, yet when asked to name just ONE lie I have told, I was once again given "I don't argue" response. By the way.......I forwarded your smear of calling me a witch to that address for obama....maybe they can clear MY name too.

Rose
Rose 06/19/08 - 06:53 pm
Dummy that address is for

Dummy that address is for email you have received.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 06:53 pm
I DO appreciate Rose giving

I DO appreciate Rose giving out that email address though. Now I can use it whenever I have to register on a shopping website, so Obama can get all my spam emails now. Thanks Rose.

Rose
Rose 06/19/08 - 06:55 pm
That site is for everyone to

That site is for everyone to see.there is a link on his other site.the address is no sescret. Go for it. show your ignorance.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 06:55 pm
Care to prove YOUR libelous

Care to prove YOUR libelous statement that I have told lies on this site, Rose? Either give ONE example of I lie I told, or you will prove that you are nothing but a liar yourself.

niqhtraider
niqhtraider 06/19/08 - 06:58 pm
shivas is black, just wants

shivas is black, just wants to be white kinda like michael Jackson!

shivas
shivas 06/19/08 - 07:05 pm
Sorry nightraider, I am

Sorry nightraider, I am caucasion. I don't look at people through color. Rose, you are beautiful and brilliant. That's why sisterx hates you so much. It's hard to be a right-wing woman.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 07:08 pm
Sorry shivas...I'm not a

Sorry shivas...I'm not a woman. Second...I only hate those who say I lied, then can't even name ONE lie I told. Truth means nothing to the left, I suppose.

Bizarro
Bizarro 06/19/08 - 07:09 pm
Peaceful world under Carter

Peaceful world under Carter eh???? A lot of what is going on today is the results of Pres. Jimmy Carter. Carter secretly began sending aid to anti-Soviet, Afghan Islamist factions on July 3, 1979. National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski revealed the Carter Administration's involvement in starting the war in a 1998 interview with Le Nouvel Observateur. In December 1979 the USSR invaded Afghanistan. Republicans and Democrats alike, ignorant of U.S. involvement, feared the Soviets were positioning themselves for a takeover of Middle Eastern oil.Others believed that the Soviet's were afraid Iran's Islamic Revolution and Afghanistan's Islamization would spread to the millions of Muslims in the USSR. Say What???????

niqhtraider
niqhtraider 06/19/08 - 07:11 pm
no shivboy, you are a white

no shivboy, you are a white wanna be!

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 07:12 pm
Don't use those pesky facts

Don't use those pesky facts on these people bizarro. It angers them.

shivas
shivas 06/19/08 - 07:16 pm
Sorry sisterx, you are a

Sorry sisterx, you are a woman, you just don't know it. No real man would fight with Rose and be so ugly. nightraider, if it makes you feel better to picture me as black, then feel free. Rose loves me no matter what the color.

Bizarro
Bizarro 06/19/08 - 07:16 pm
Rose isn't very intelligent.

Rose isn't very intelligent. I don't know how to sugar coat it. Nothing against her personally-most people aren't very intelligent. Sorry but her lack of logic demonstrates the frailties of her weak mind. She still has a right to an opinion, and that is all any of us offer. Being brilliant has never stopped me from screwing up or making bad decisions and choices. So it is a level playing field to expresss an opinion. You go gal. I voted for GW his second term-What the hell was I thinking. I know, I know. I question my own intellect also.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 07:17 pm
No woman, ie Rose, would

No woman, ie Rose, would accuse someone of lying, if they didn't lie.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 07:18 pm
Nice sexist comment BTW. No

Nice sexist comment BTW. No man would be so ugly.....but a woman could. If it makes you feel better to picture me as a woman, then feel free.

niqhtraider
niqhtraider 06/19/08 - 07:24 pm
Shiv you two make a perfect

Shiv you two make a perfect idiot couple.

shivas
shivas 06/19/08 - 07:24 pm
Poor sisterx going through

Poor sisterx going through menapause. Rose, sisterx is a man fantasizing to be a woman. Leave him/her alone as he/she seems to have more issues than just right-wing intolerance.

Bizarro
Bizarro 06/19/08 - 07:35 pm
So Shivas are you saying

So Shivas are you saying SisterX is a transvestite or transgendered? hee,hee,hee. Now you aren't being intolerant are you????

Bizarro
Bizarro 06/19/08 - 07:36 pm
Well SisterX. It is a bit$h

Well SisterX. It is a bit$h being right all the time. Most of my peers hated me for it at the work place, especially when I embarrassed them exposing their ignorance. I was a master at baiting arrogant people who would lay it on too thick, then after playing the fool, SNAP, I would take their heads off. What fun! I was a mean spirited SOB. Coming from the South with a thick accent worked well to bait in that regard too. I could just see the wheels turn in the minds of those north of the Mason-Dixon. Oh boy, look at this ignorant po boy from the South, I can tell this guy anything. Oh what a wicked web I weaved. I imagine Jimmy Carter has the same problem. hee,hee,hee. Bizarro only plays the fool.

Rose
Rose 06/19/08 - 07:41 pm
niqhtraider I would believe

niqhtraider I would believe shivas over you anyday.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 07:42 pm
You're right Bizarro......but

You're right Bizarro......but you knew that, didn't you?

dani
dani 06/19/08 - 07:42 pm
Bizarro...You go man!

Bizarro...You go man!

Bizarro
Bizarro 06/19/08 - 07:43 pm
ROFLMAO. Too funny!!!!

ROFLMAO. Too funny!!!!

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 07:44 pm
Still waiting for Rose to be

Still waiting for Rose to be honest and state where I lied.......if you are moral enough that is.

Bizarro
Bizarro 06/19/08 - 07:46 pm
Well SisterX. I've never

Well SisterX. I've never considered taking a walk on the wild side, but you seem interesting. Dang maybe I am a Republican. hee,hee,hee. But if I am a Democrat it would be O.K. Thankfully I am an independent. We are all heterosexual.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 07:48 pm
Libertarian all the way!

Libertarian all the way!

Bizarro
Bizarro 06/19/08 - 07:55 pm
Rose and Shivas are ignoring

Rose and Shivas are ignoring me. Probably for the best. So they aren't so ignorant and gullible after all. Perhaps the real irony is I hate a smart [filtered word]. hee,hee,hee.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 06/19/08 - 07:58 pm
Would that be self hatred,

Would that be self hatred, Bizarro?

Bizarro
Bizarro 06/19/08 - 08:00 pm
Yep, a sadomasochist. But I

Yep, a sadomasochist. But I mean it lovingly. Too Freudian. eh. Then again-SisterAbdullahX is an interesting moniker too.

Bizarro
Bizarro 06/19/08 - 08:04 pm
Is this the FoxCain

Is this the FoxCain reincarnated like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. What the heck did you do to come back as a woman. hee,hee,hee. Don't tell me-punishment for being a smart [filtered word].

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.