- The Columbia County Recreation Department is looking for individuals 16 and older to officiate youth baseball. If interested, contact Gary Tam at (706) 312-7409 or Jim Mock at (706) 312-7407 for more information.
- The Georgia Lightning 13U travel baseball team is looking for 1-2 quality, dedicated players. Pitching is a plus. For more information, contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
- The Columbia County Recreation Department will hold an organizational meeting for its Elite Fall Baseball League on Thursday at 6 p.m. at the administrative office at Patriots Park. Age groups are 9-10, 11-12 and 13-14. For more information, call (706) 863-7523.
l Evans High School will hold a youth baseball camp for ages 5-14 on Monday-Friday . Camp runs from 9 a.m to noon. Cost is $100. For additional information, contact Ricky Beale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Aiken Youth Baseball Night will be Thursday from 6-8 p.m. at the Aiken County Historical Museum. The Boys of Summer will meet to share stories and view pictures of the past. If you played on one of those teams or are playing now, please call (803) 642-2015.
- Blue Hose Baseball Camps will sponsor two camps at Presbyterian College in Clinton, S.C. Blue Hose Pitcher/Catcher Camp and the Blue Hose Hitter Camp with be held for ages 8-14 on Wednesday-Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. For more information or to register online, visit www.gobluehose.com. For additional info, contact Elton Pollack at (864) 833-3236, Mark Johnson at (864) 833-7093 or Charles Assey at (864) 833-7091.
- The 10th annual Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held Monday-Friday on the campus of Augusta State University. The coed camp is for rising first through 10th graders, and players will be grouped according to age and ability. The cost for the camp is $150, and this includes lunch every day and an official camp T-shirt. The camp will be held from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. until noon on Friday. For more information, contact Dip Metress at (706) 667-4765 or email@example.com.
- Augusta Prep coach Myran Hunt will hold a Lower School Basketball Camp on for boys and girls in grades 1-4 on Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Boardman Athletic Center. Fee is $160 per week or $40 daily. For more information, call (803) 593-4322 or e-mail
- An adult league/church league team basketball tournament will be held at Thomson High School on Friday and Saturday. Registration is $200. The format is double-elimination. The first 12 teams to register will be accepted. Registration ends June 15. For more information, contact Chris at (706) 564-4780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mike Brandt Basketball camps will hold a series of camps this summer. The first is the Varsity/JV High School Team Camp which will be held Thursday-Saturday . Cost is $125 per boarder camper and $75 for commuter campers. Second is the Boys and Girls Day Camps which will be held June 23-26 for a 4-day camp and June 30-July 2 for a 3-day camp. Both camps will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost for the 4-day camp is $165 per camper, cost for the 3-day camp is $125 per camper. The Girls Elite Camp runs from June 30-July 2. Cost for this camp is $125 for boarder campers and $75 per commuter camper. All camps will be held at the USC Aiken Convocation Center. Boarding will be held at the Pacer Commons. For more information call (803) 641-3491, e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.pacersports.com.
l The 2008 Ringside/Comcast Augusta Boys/Girls Junior National Summer Boxing Classic will be held June 26-28 at May Park Community Center. Registration is June 25 from noon to 8 p.m. at the Clarion Suites second floor Ball Room. All athletes, coaches, and officials must register their credentials. The divisions will be boys bantam division, ages 9-10, 60-114 lbs; boys junior division, ages 11-12, 70-138 lbs; boys intermediated division, ages 13-14, 85-154 lbs. Girls ages 9-16 and boys ages 15-16 will not need to pre-register. For more information, call (706) 733-7533. For application info, call (877) 426-9464 ext. 870.
- The David Usry Junior Golf Academy summer camps at Forest Hills Golf Club. Session dates and times are Tuesday-Thursday and June 22-24 from 9 -11:30 a.m. For more information and registration, call David at (706) 733-0001 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Family YMCA Golf Camps will be held Monday-Thursday and July 21-24 at Bartram Trail Golf Course from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cost is $149. There will also be mini-camps held at Wedges & Woods Driving Range on July 7-8 and July 14-15 from 9 a.m.-noon. Cost is $49. For more information or to register, call Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752.
- The Augusta Area Junior Golf Association has announced its 2008 summer schedule. Series I: Monday Belle Meade C.C.; June 26 Applewood G.C.; June 30 North Augusta C.C.; July 8 Persimmon Hill G.C.; Series II: June 9 Bartram Trail G.C.; June 12 Augusta G.C.; June 19 Houndslake C.C.; June 23 Westlake C.C.; July 1 Midland Valley G.C.; July 10 Pine Ridge C.C.; July 18 Cedar Creek G.C.; July 21 Augusta C.C. The membership fee is $130 and covers all fees for the tournament, prizes, and the awards banquet on July 22 . Deadline to sign up is June 1 or until 150 player limit per series is reached. For more information, call Michael Carlisle at (803) 641-3528.
- Gordon Lakes Golf Club will hold a golf tournament on Aug. 23 . Check in is from 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. with at 12:30 p.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $45 for non-Gordon Lake members and $35 for members. To sign up call Willie Williams at (706) 791-3007.
l Registration is now open for the 18th annual Georgia Games. To sign up for one of 50 sporting events, visit www.georgiagames.org or call (770) 528-3580.
- The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary and the Army Corps of Engineers will present "About Boating Safety" on Saturday. The seven hour boating safety course will be held at the Thurmond Dam Visitors Center located on Route 221, just on the S.C. side of Thurmond Dam. Class is from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Topics will include Georgia and South Carolina regulations, how to prevent emergencies and/or respond to them, etc. Fee is $35 for individuals and $50 for families. To enroll or obtain more information, contact John VanOsdol at (864) 391-2170 or email@example.com or John Weidman at (800) 533-3478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
l The Augusta Rowing club is now holding sign up for two summer rowing camps. Session 1 is June 23-27 and session 2 is July 7-11 . Both camps are for beginners and run from 8 a.m. to noon. Location is the Boathouse, located at 101 Riverfront Drive in Augusta. For more information, call (706) 860-5027 or visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
- The Mark Brown Memorial Junior Tennis Tournament will be held at the Petersburg Racquet Club in Martinez on Friday-Sunday . Juniors will compete in boys and girls 10 and under, 12 and under, 14 and under, 16 and under, and 18 and under divisions. The deadline for entries is Monday at 11:59 p.m. Registration is done online at usta.com, tournament ID # is 703460408. For more information, contact Craig S. Jones at (706) 860-9288.
- Python Power League's Southeastern Drug-Free Powerlifting Championships will be held July 19 at 11 a.m. at Python Gym., 2250 Lumpkin Road. Free admission to all spectators. Entry fee is $40. For more info, call (706) 790-3806 or e-mail email@example.com.