Racist priest needs new line of work

An editorial in The Augusta Chronicle on May 31, regarding Catholic priest Michael Pfleger -- the ranting, racist Barack Obama supporter -- suggests that he "apparently likes to do impressions." However, wouldn't his talent be more suitable as a clown for Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus?

Helen A. Skinner, Augusta

angels_winn
angels_winn 06/15/08 - 07:02 am
Why such a drastic comment..

Why such a drastic comment.. Every person in the entire universe including priests should have some sense of humor. Is it possbible you did not view the entire speach? Maybe you would do better at Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus. The racist is the person making such a asinine comment!!

CH
CH 06/15/08 - 07:07 am
Angels, I wonder if you would

Angels, I wonder if you would feel this way if this priest was making such nasty comments about Obama.

Racism isn't just a white thing. Rev. Wright showed all of America that! Before you charge Ms. Skinner with the label of racism, look at yourself! Racism is racism, whether it comes over lips that are white, black, brown, red, or whatever color.

christian134
christian134 06/15/08 - 07:21 am
Well said Helen well

Well said Helen well said...:-)

angels_winn
angels_winn 06/15/08 - 08:00 am
What I heard in regards to

What I heard in regards to the Rev. Wright statements were not racist comments. I listened to all of his speaches not just media convient excerts taken to distort someones views. Hmmmm I gather that you might harbor a little racism yourself. Lets see Sen. Clinton did make comments about Sen. Obama that would construe the possibilty of him being killed in office. Would that be a racist comment (CH)? I don't for a instance characterize based on excerpt comments....

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/15/08 - 08:14 am
Pfleger is a disgrace to the

Pfleger is a disgrace to the Catholic Church, his political remarks were inappropriate for his station. He should be censured. He has a responsbility to his flock to lead them towards the love of God, not to stump for one politician over another.

sliique
sliique 06/15/08 - 08:23 am
Gosh, angels, LEARN to spel,

Gosh, angels, LEARN to spel, please. It is speech, NOT "speach."

nightraiders
nightraiders 06/15/08 - 08:46 am
That's because you are an

That's because you are an idiot, angels.

angels_winn
angels_winn 06/15/08 - 08:49 am
sliique/pardon my typos...

sliique/pardon my typos... You seem to have made one yourself. I quote: Gosh, sliique, LEARN to spel, please. It is spell, NOT "spel." Tolerance is the biggest difference in a civilized society. PEACE

apex24
apex24 06/15/08 - 09:41 am
Idiot is to nice of a name

Idiot is to nice of a name for Angels.Let's try "a fool".

Signal Always
Signal Always 06/15/08 - 01:33 pm
Wonder what size dubs Pfleger

Wonder what size dubs Pfleger has on his Escalade. 22' or 24'?

battlecataclysmic
battlecataclysmic 06/15/08 - 02:53 pm
The problem is, America is so

The problem is, America is so divided along socio-economic-racial lines that when someone like Rev. Wright voices his opinions based on his experiences, (btw, the pulpit is not the appropriate place to do this) people outside of his social demographic can't relate. I'm not saying what he said was right, but it should be taken with a grain of salt. This is a America, a land founded on the principles of one strain of people being superior to another, and with a long-standing history of social inequality and injustice. I can't believe people are surprised that there is a Black man out there with an audience to which he vents his frustrations. Again, I'm not saying it's RIGHT, but it shouldn't be shocking. Step out of your comfort zones once in a while to imagine what the other side of the fence feels like, and it might not be so strange...

jack
jack 06/15/08 - 02:59 pm
Wine, both Wright's and

Wine, both Wright's and Phleger's speeches ( I want dignify them as sermons) were as racist as it gets. I still want to know why that church has not lost it's tax exempt status for pure political activitry.

Signal Always
Signal Always 06/15/08 - 03:18 pm
Opinions based on his

Opinions based on his experiences, Battle? I suggest you delve into the upbringing and history of Jeremiah Wright. He wasn't exactly raised in a one-bedroom home in the Ghettos of Philly, and it doesn't look like he's retiring back to one either. He's going to spend the rest of his life in a multi-million dollar home in a majority white neighborhood. Race-baiting, seems to pay pretty well, from what I hear.

VoteRepublican
VoteRepublican 06/15/08 - 05:30 pm
Idiot Democrats see nothing

Idiot Democrats see nothing wrong with the things he said. Obama chose to attend that church for TWENTY years but idiot Americans are about to put this unqualified and immoral man in the White House. Our nation has lost its mind!

KSL
KSL 06/15/08 - 05:55 pm
Signal, you beat me to the

Signal, you beat me to the punch. The upper level gated community Wright is moving to would be full of the hated white people who have their wealth how? Kind of makes you think he speaks with a "forked tongue."

fugitivetracker
fugitivetracker 06/15/08 - 06:41 pm
Drop him in Zimbabwe, South

Drop him in Zimbabwe, South African, or the Congo; I am sure they'll help him see visions of the errors of his sermons.

sunnysmiles11
sunnysmiles11 06/15/08 - 08:15 pm
how can anyone suggest/expect

how can anyone suggest/expect wright to live amongst his congregants? why would he do that? they aren't good enough for him.. wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall when he is at a bbq at his one of his elitist neighbors?

KSL
KSL 06/15/08 - 10:22 pm
You have that exactly right.

You have that exactly right. Same goes for Obama. Most all politicians are hypocites. Some are just larger hypocrites than others.

kevry
kevry 06/16/08 - 03:34 am
VoteRepublican, you're

VoteRepublican, you're absolutely right minds were lost when George Bush was reelected.This unqualifiedand immoral man will soon be leaving the White House not soon enough. It,s time for a change "OBAMA."

christian134
christian134 06/16/08 - 04:48 am
Anyone who cannot see what

Anyone who cannot see what this obama character is all about is suffering from a definite lack of common sense or more to the point deaf and dumb....

nightraiders
nightraiders 06/16/08 - 05:02 am
kevry, we are talking in

kevry, we are talking in present and future tense, I don't think GB running again, is he?

Signal Always
Signal Always 06/16/08 - 07:17 am
I'm sure when Lenin and the

I'm sure when Lenin and the Bolsheviks came into power they were also pimping that "Change" mantra. Same with Pol Pot, Hitler and the Nazis, and Castro and the Communists. Not saying he's exactly like those, other than his affinity to Marxism, but you morons simply spouting off "He's for change", really make yourselves look ignorant when you can't even define the change he's pimping. I'm seeing about 1 trillion in handouts he's promising. Yeah, I'm sure that'll work out well. /sarcasm.

1941
1941 06/16/08 - 07:28 am
christian134; we obama

christian134; we obama voters are suffering from the same thing that you stupid, stupid, people were suffering from when you voted for george bush not once but twice. Obama sure can;t do any thing worse than he has done to the country. What are you afraid of?

christian134
christian134 06/16/08 - 07:38 am
Afraid you can bet your

Afraid you can bet your little britches I am afraid of the downfall of this country, our way of life and the rising of a group of individuals who seek to undermine any and all moral structure this country once was know world wide for....The rise of a man such as this Obama character is a slap in the face of all that is American...He is the most inept, racist, liberal person I have seen in many a year plus anyone who wants to openly sit down have a nice cup of tea, so to speak, with openly known terrorists who have admitted to their consummate hatred of American is treasonous.

dani
dani 06/16/08 - 07:39 am
saywhat..Sorry to disagree

saywhat..Sorry to disagree with you but there are much worse things that can be done to us by electing the wrong leadership. World affairs will not improve simply by "voting Obama".

1941
1941 06/16/08 - 07:48 am
signalalways; What is the

signalalways; What is the matter with hand out;s!!!!!! america hand out three billion to isreal every year, Bush bailed out a wall street bank, america give more of our tax dollars to more foreign countries than it gives back to the american people. W have to pay ,pay pay, for what we get from our own country!!!! And what is wrong with hand out to people who are in need.?

mutt
mutt 06/16/08 - 07:52 am
BS saywhat! Bush is not a

BS saywhat! Bush is not a socialist or Marxist, and having a president who is, with a Democrat congress to answer his every whelm with "yes your highness", would do far more damage than Bush has done. Let's not forget that we went through 9/11 with a fairly strong economy, several years or war, and Katrina, all with only temporary economic effects. We were fine until the tax and spend, anti-capitalist, anti-American, Democrats took control of the house and senate. I'm just shocked that more people can't add 2 and 2, and see that the Democrats have done massive damage to this nation in under 2 years, all the while blaming the Bush administration. If this Obama character wins the white house this country will never be the same. Everybody can have a government job as we watch our nation slip away, along with our personal freedom's. America needs a Socialist movement about as much as it needs another 9/11.

dani
dani 06/16/08 - 07:59 am
saywhat "america give more of

saywhat "america give more of our tax dollars to more foreign countries than it gives back to the ...". I have been called names by liberals for making a similar statement. The give-a-ways to foreign counties will continue growing as long as the bleeding-hearts continue to have a say in the matter. For instance, Obama (who has never lived as a poor man) has pledged many more billions of dollars in aid to Africa which doesn't leave much for the American poor.

nightraiders
nightraiders 06/16/08 - 08:01 am
I changed my mind, I'm voting

I changed my mind, I'm voting for b-barack, Now, where the hecks my check!!!!

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.