High gas might force changes

Now that gas prices are so high, I expect to see some changes in this country:

I expect Americans to stop giving billions to the lottery and gambling industries.

I expect tobacco companies to go broke from Americans' refusal to put billions of dollars up in smoke.

I expect the alcohol giants to dry up and get real, sobering jobs.

I expect crime to go down for lack of cheap fuel.

I expect adultery to be practically nonexistent, since it's cheaper to stay home and sleep in your own bed.

I expect the entire sports and entertainment industries to dissolve and people to spend such wasted time working for profit.

I expect Americans to re-evaluate their rejection of God.

Until then, however, I expect to continue driving my SUV with joy and gladness.

The Rev. Timothy Fellows, Aiken, S.C.

(The writer is pastor of The Church of Philadelphia in Aiken.)

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 06/01/08 - 01:50 am
Your Point????? I mean

Your Point????? I mean other than misguided elitism.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 06/01/08 - 02:47 am
What drug has this guy been

What drug has this guy been taking? He should expect sin to cease all because of high gas prices?? ROFL! Clearly dumbing down America has happened to this guy too! Hosea even said "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge".

christian134
christian134 06/01/08 - 06:42 am
Great letter Rev. Fellows...A

Great letter Rev. Fellows...A great amount of speculation on the evils of high gas prices....My two cents worth it just might take the people repenting of their sins and return to following the Lord God before this land will begin to heal....Other than that all we can do is to hang on to our behinds for what is about to come...

bone
bone 06/01/08 - 07:02 am
rather hypocritical for a

rather hypocritical for a Christian to write a letter like this one. how is this a great letter, 134?

christian134
christian134 06/01/08 - 07:20 am
It really is a great letter

It really is a great letter with some humor sprinkled into it bone....Christians do have a sense of humor and if used properly actually gives one a reason to smile...It is not all dull and boring....Smile bone and enjoy the day....:-)

bone
bone 06/01/08 - 08:05 am
waiting for the coffee to

waiting for the coffee to kick in before the smiling begins.

christian134
christian134 06/01/08 - 08:27 am
:-)

:-)

bone
bone 06/01/08 - 08:41 am
ah, now i see the humor!

ah, now i see the humor! nothing like a li'l caffeine buzz to jostle the funny bone...

deekster
deekster 06/01/08 - 09:11 am
The reality is that people

The reality is that people will not stop smoking, drinking, fornicating, abusing children, stealing, killing and gambling. They may buy more efficient cars. They may stay home and watch more HDTV. They may chose to live vicariouly through some "pop icon" rather than live their own miserable life. The entertainment industry is moving "patrons" in that direction. More interacitve HDTV is in the offing. It is cost efficient and profitable for them and the cable company. Everythong wil be digitized, and we want know the difference. Men will only become more "angry" that GOD, whoever they precieve him to be, has caused all of the problems. They will curse his name, hence the overwhelming use of OMG and OMFG.

bone
bone 06/01/08 - 09:18 am
prosthelytizing this morning,

prosthelytizing this morning, aren't we, deekster? i think digitizing every thong will keep men glued to their seats...

Edward1968
Edward1968 06/01/08 - 10:16 am
Another ludicrous rambling

Another ludicrous rambling from the holier than thou Mr. Tim Fellows. He, I believe, is actually more off balance than his late father, Mr. Tim Fellows Sr., was.

nightraider
nightraider 06/01/08 - 10:38 am
Come on folks, can't you

Come on folks, can't you understand humor!

dhd1108
dhd1108 06/01/08 - 11:28 am
i expect less people to drive

i expect less people to drive to church. lol, man the fellow's family got lots of nuts in that family tree.

imdstuf
imdstuf 06/01/08 - 11:41 am
I hope that the AC just

I hope that the AC just chooses to print the stupid letters. If they do not have any better letters to print then Augusta is just sad.

jack
jack 06/01/08 - 02:44 pm
As they say in some circles,

As they say in some circles, the fruit does not fall far from the tree. Fellows Jr is just another religious fundamentalist. Would like to know where he got his preaching credentials from-Bob Jones University maybaybe?.

Kettle donations rise in 2014