Don't buy the inevitable 'racism' talk

After Barack Obama has captured the Democraic nomination for president, you can expect from the liberal Democrats that any questioning, any opposing viewpoint, any criticism of this man and the policies and agendas that he and the leftist liberals will put forth will be met with one outcry: racism. ...

I disagree with Mr. Obama's warped vision for the future of this country and oppose everything he and the liberal leftists in this country stand for. Do I care whether or not he is black, white, green, yellow or blue? No. But undoubtedly, those with my viewpoint will be labeled as racists because we are totally opposed to this man becoming the 44th president of the Untied States. Many of the people that throw this word "racism" around don't even understand the meaning of the word. Their problem, not mine.

I'll tell you who I would vote for: Herman Cain, Michael Steele, Thomas Sowell, Walter E. Williams, Ken Blackwell, Larry Elder -- I could name many others. All black men. The difference? You figure it out. So don't tell me that my vote against Obama will be because I am a racist. I'm not hearing it, nor am I going to let the morons who will yell this allegation from the rooftops define or set the premise for this or any other issue. Just because they say it is, doesn't mean it is.

So I'll set my thermostat where I please, and I will eat what I want and as much as I please. I don't drive an SUV, but if I did, I would do so as I please, and not care what the world thinks about me or my country. I'll cling to my Bible as I please, and you can bet that I'll cling to my firearms as well. This is the United States of America, not Venezuela, not Iran and not socialist Europe.

Capt. David B. Caudle, Grovetown

karmakills123
karmakills123 05/29/08 - 04:02 am
WOW! You have said exactly

WOW! You have said exactly what so many of us feel and just have never put into words..thank you. I am so tired of the racism crap being thrown at every word some one speaks out against this man. Hats off to you Capt. !! I also do not want or need the Govt. intruding in my life.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 05/29/08 - 04:22 am
My Hero!

My Hero!

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/29/08 - 04:35 am
Well said, Sir. You are not

Well said, Sir. You are not the only one out here who feels exactly the same way. Thank you!

JesusIsComing
JesusIsComing 05/29/08 - 05:54 am
Amen!

Amen!

justus4
justus4 05/29/08 - 06:18 am
A closet racist and here's

A closet racist and here's why: If the all-white media remain focus on important issues, what the canidate said-not what someone he know says, not what his wife says, not some inference from a statement then all thing would be equal. Yes, U are racist if your treatment of this man differs from other canidates AND the all-white media, airwaves, and most paperwriters are racially biased. Example: Mr Bush's wife was involved in a (in 1980s) car wreck where someone died. The media did not touch it. Why!? Think about how Mrs Obama would be treated by the same all-white media. Some white person somewhere would be demanding an investigation and prison.("we" already know this) Example: Bush/McCain voted against GI Bill to enhance veterans' educational benefits, which allows for four yrs college. (applys mostly to enlisted-not officers) Is the article writer against THAT? If so, thats hurting future veterans. Obama voted for the bill. So whose vision is better and it has nothing to do with race. Voting against one's own self interest because the politician is of color. That qualifies as racial bias/racism.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/29/08 - 06:40 am
As justus4 makes so clear,

As justus4 makes so clear, this election is about the color of BOs skin. Not his message, not the people he associates with and surrounds himself with, and not his philosophies. It's all about color. If you don't vote for the black man, it's only because you're a racist. Be unbiased, be non-racial, vote for the person perceived as being black.

mayhem1999
mayhem1999 05/29/08 - 06:52 am
It sure best be about color

It sure best be about color because barrak does not have a msg, or a platform for that matter. His mantra, "change" is all you will get from him. Oh yeah, and maybe hope. Hope you have that little "change" in your pocket when he and his lib, dem friends are through with you and this country,

PTHS2
PTHS2 05/29/08 - 06:54 am
justus4 - Look at what else

justus4 - Look at what else was in that bill then come back and talk to me when you have a clue.

pointstoponder
pointstoponder 05/29/08 - 06:55 am
Well stated. justus, I have

Well stated. justus, I have listene to his words and I do not like what I hear.

Justthefacts please
Justthefacts please 05/29/08 - 07:01 am
Justus4 has been smoking too

Justus4 has been smoking too much of the weed. This election is going to be about quality of leadership, not skin color. I haven't heard Barack Hussein Obama mention one specific item in his campaign talk. All we hear is hope and change. In fact, he can't even speak good English. I heard him on television yesterday saying he had "a uncle" who served in World War II. Had he been better educated at Harvard, he would have phrased his words "an uncle." Harvard needs to turn away from its socialistic teachings and instruct its students on proper use of the English language. By the way, I intend to vote for McCain, even though he leaves a bad taste in my mouth. My vote has nothing to do with color but with picking the right person to lead this country. I am sure this will break the hearts of Jeremiah Wright, William Ayers and others of their class.

christian134
christian134 05/29/08 - 07:03 am
Great well written letter

Great well written letter Captain thanks....Oh and just let me add to my comments of past days and weeks of Obama not being anywhere near capable of running for the office of President his latest contemplation of meeting with this nations vilest of enemies ranks right up on my list of his not only be inept but treasonous...The very idea that the people who have and continue to express extreme hatred and violence to America and her people are now the same ones who want to praise and are endorsing Obama...Now that is frightening to say the very least....

SoonerorLater
SoonerorLater 05/29/08 - 07:10 am
Everything is racist for

Everything is racist for justus, knowing his history of posts here on the AC message board and you will see that each and every post is about color of skin. BO has no substance to his message, he has not clearly defined what "changes" he plans and when faced with facts, he still plows ahead with his agenda (ie. raising capital gains taxes although he was told lower taxes actually raises revenue). I am not crazy about McCain, but I know where he stands and I know what he has done in the past. With BO he mispeaks quite often, he associates with shady characters, he ignores facts, wants to bargain with terrorists, and his experience is documented as his community service (those convicted in court do that as well). Sorry, but the hope and change message are shallow and hold no real substance to wager my vote on.

shivas
shivas 05/29/08 - 07:22 am
For justus that may be so.

For justus that may be so. But, for the rest of us it is his ideas and integrity. Capt. Caudle is free to his opinion, and so are the rest of us. The only facts we know is 8 years of failure from the bible-toting right-wing.

mayhem1999
mayhem1999 05/29/08 - 07:28 am
Everyone, please, El Shivas

Everyone, please, El Shivas has graced us with his wisdom-----DRUMROLL, please?

ITDoc
ITDoc 05/29/08 - 07:39 am
The man isn't even black. Why

The man isn't even black. Why is it, blacks have discriminated against mixed race people for 40 years, yet suddenly a 1/2 black man runs for president and 90% of blacks vote for him? Passers, pie yellow, these are terms blacks use to degrade multiracial people. His policies are the same as any other Democrat. No change there. I leave all the attacks to y'all as I'm feeding the capitialist system today.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 05/29/08 - 07:45 am
BO has been a member of

BO has been a member of Congress for How Long, and what exactly has he Written, Sponsored or Accomplished? Absolutely NOTHING. What exactly did he do prior to that? Again NOTHING
What will he do if elected to the Office of POTUS, Change?, what his underwear?

owensjef2
owensjef2 05/29/08 - 07:47 am
This is just another stupid

This is just another stupid letter and tall 2, you are just as ignorant as the rest. So who has really discriminated against bi-racial people. Quit trying to change history.

pointstoponder
pointstoponder 05/29/08 - 07:59 am
owensjef2, both races have

owensjef2, both races have discriminated against bi-racial. There is no high ground on that issue.

mayhem1999
mayhem1999 05/29/08 - 08:02 am
yeah oweyboy, better back of

yeah oweyboy, better back of that stage!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/29/08 - 08:07 am
Hey Captain Caudle, it's not

Hey Captain Caudle, it's not only black MEN who deserve consideration. I would be proud to vote for LaShawn Barber and Star Parker.

CSRAider
CSRAider 05/29/08 - 08:22 am
Think America! dont think in

Think America! dont think in color / If these people are willing to spend millions of dollars to become president. I say next time put all the candidate money in one big pot and use it for something good. I know I could use at least 200gs of that cash!
Must be a profitable position!

imdstuf
imdstuf 05/29/08 - 08:23 am
The writer may not be racist,

The writer may not be racist, but he is ignorant and it shows because he follows labels. Liberal...leftist...if this man did not know who John McCain was and someone told him he was liberal the man would hate McCain, all because of a label. As for talking about toting guns and bibles, just keep the southern redneck stereo alive bubba..yeeehaw!

2tired2argueanymore
2tired2argueanymore 05/29/08 - 08:24 am
So who didn't think that

So who didn't think that someone would call Capt Caudle a racist for his letter? Anyone, Anyone......... Bueller? It is a good thing you don't have to take a competency test to be able to vote, or, Maybe not!

Patriot08
Patriot08 05/29/08 - 08:32 am
According to DoDD 1344.10,

According to DoDD 1344.10, February 19, 2008 4.1.1.6. An active duty servicemember may: Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing the member's personal views on public issues or political candidates, if such action is not part of an organized letter-writing campaign or a solicitation of votes for or against a political party or partisan political cause or candidate. If the letter identifies the member as on active duty (or if the member is otherwise reasonably identifiable as a member of the Armed Forces), the letter should CLEARLY STATE that the views expressed are those of the individual only and not those of the Department of Defense (or Department of Homeland Security for members of the Coast Guard).

Patriot08
Patriot08 05/29/08 - 08:35 am
MAY NOT: 4.1.2.3. Allow or

MAY NOT: 4.1.2.3. Allow or cause to be published partisan political articles, letters, or endorsements signed or written by the member that solicits votes for or against a partisan political party, candidate, or cause. This is distinguished from a letter to the editor as permitted under the conditions noted in subparagraph 4.1.1.6.

Patriot08
Patriot08 05/29/08 - 08:39 am
4.1.2.6. May Not: Participate

4.1.2.6. May Not: Participate in any radio, television, or other program or group discussion as an advocate for or against a partisan political party, candidate, or cause.

soldout
soldout 05/29/08 - 08:41 am
Captain you are so correct.

Captain you are so correct. Alway remember those who react the strongest to what you say have the least faith in their view being correct. Lies never upset anyone as much as the truth.

Patriot08
Patriot08 05/29/08 - 08:42 am
4.1.3. Commissioned officers

4.1.3. Commissioned officers shall not use contemptuous words as prohibited by section 888 of Reference (b) or participate in activities proscribed by DoD Directives 5200.2 and 1325.6 (References (g) and (h), respectively).
4.1.4. Subject to any other restrictions in law, a member of the Armed Forces not on active duty may take the actions or participate in the activities permitted in subparagraph 4.1.1., and may take the actions and participate in the activities prohibited in subparagraph 4.1.2, provided the member is not in uniform and does not otherwise act in a manner that could reasonably give rise to the inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement.

DoDD 1344.10, February 19, 2008
4.1.5. Activities not expressly prohibited may be contrary to the spirit and intent of this Directive. Any activity that may be reasonably viewed as directly or indirectly associating the Department of Defense or the Department of Homeland Security (in the case of the Coast Guard) or any component of these Departments with a partisan political activity or is otherwise contrary to the spirit and intention of this Directive shall be avoided.

Patriot08
Patriot08 05/29/08 - 08:46 am
In the future Captain,

In the future Captain, remember to either remove your rank from the signature portion, (if in fact you are military, and not some para-military goon) or you state that those are only your personal views and not those of the military as a whole.