l The Robert Sapp Baseball Camp is accepting applications for its session at Sweetwater Park in Thomson on June 2-6 . Camp is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily and is for ages 7-14. Six-year-olds may attend if they are skilled enough to play with 7-year-olds. The fee is $125, with team rates available. For more information, call (706) 595-2152, (770) 287-3309, or e-mail email@example.com.
l Evans High School will hold a youth baseball camp for ages 5-14 on June 2-6 and June 16-20 . Camp runs from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $100 per session or $175 for both sessions. For additional information, contact Ricky Beale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be an organizational meeting for the CSRA Fall Baseball League for teams 8-18U on June 7-8 . All interested teams are encouraged to attend. E-mail email@example.com for more info.
- The 10th annual Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 16-20 on the campus of Augusta State University. The coed camp is for rising first through 10th graders, and players will be grouped according to age and ability. The cost for the camp is $150 and includes lunch every day and an official camp T-shirt. The camp will be held from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. until noon on Friday. For more information, contact Metress at (706) 667-4765 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches the last Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club, located at 1929 Walton Way. There is no charge for attendance, and the public is welcome. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The North Augusta High School football team will hold its "Car Wash for Cancer" on Saturday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Chick-fil-A in North Augusta.
- The Mount Vintage Boy Scout tournament will be held June 2 at Mount Vintage Plantation and Golf Club. The event will be a Lauderdale format and will include lunch, practice tees, awards, an auction and tournament favors. Registration begins at 11 a.m. and lunch is at noon. A shotgun start is set for 1 p.m. For more information, call (706) 733-5277 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Optimist Clubs of the Georgia District Zone 13 will hold a tournament June 4 at Bartram Trail Golf Course for boys and girls ages 10-18 that live in Burke, Columbia, Richmond, Lincoln, McDuffie and Wilkes counties. The top boy and girl finisher in each division advance to the Georgia District OIJGC at Bridge Mill Athletic Club in Canton, Ga. on June 23 to compete for the right to advance in the Optimist International Junior Golf Championships in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. For entry forms or more information, call Keith Duncan at (706) 267-1972. Deadline to register is Wednesday .
- The Augusta Area Junior Golf Association has announced its 2008 summer schedule. Series I: Tuesday Jones Creek G.C.; June 2 Forest Hills G.C.; June 16 Belle Meade C.C.; June 26 Applewood G.C.; June 30 North Augusta C.C.; July 8 Persimmon Hill G.C.; Series II: June 9 Bartram Trail G.C.; June 12 Augusta G.C.; June 19 Houndslake C.C.; June 23 West Lake C.C.; July 1 Midland Valley G.C.; July 10 Pine Ridge C.C.; July 18 Cedar Creek G.C.; July 21 Augusta C.C. The membership fee is $130 and covers all fees for the tournament, prizes, and the awards banquet on July 22 . Deadline to sign up is June 1 or until the 150-player limit per series is reached. For more information, call Michael Carlisle at (803) 641-3528.
l The Augusta Singles Golf Association will meet every second Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Athens Restaurant at 246 Bobby Jones. Meet and play golf with area singles, two outings a month. For more information, call George at (706) 790-7309 or Pete at (706) 733-0070.
- Girls entering grades 7-12 who are zoned for South Aiken High School and are interested in joining the golf team are encouraged to attend spring practice. Open practices are May 27-29 at Woodside Plantation from 4-6 p.m. For more information, contact Dr. Bonnie Buckett at (803) 642-0053.
- Summer lacrosse for boys and girls of high school age will begin on June 7 and will last for 6-8 weeks. Equipment is required. For more information, call (706) 854-1908.
- The public is invited to Westside High School for the dedication of Gerald Barnes Field on Friday , in honor of Barnes' 33 years of service to the school. There will be a barbecue at 7 p.m. with the dedication to follow at 7:30. Tax deductible contributions can be made to the Westside High Boosters Club. In case of inclement weather, the dedication and barbecue will be held in the school cafeteria.
- Doctors Hospital Sports Medicine and the Augusta Colts are teaming up to collect new and gently used sports equipment for children. The items will be donated to the Augusta Partnership for Children, Inc. Items can be dropped off starting Friday through June 6 at Hometown Sports at 4115 Columbia Road in Martinez or the Colts main office at 712 Telfair Street. Donors will be given a $5 coupon off the price of admission to any of the remaining Colts games this season (Saturday, June 6 or June 21). For more information, call the Augusta Colts at (706) 828-6820.
l The Positive Boys, Positive Men Summer Camp will be held at Josey High School from May 27-Aug. 1 . The camp is for boys ages 8-15 and will run from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Topics include drugs and alcohol, self-motivation, self-respect, decision making, sportsmanship, peer pressure, etc. Cost is $50 weekly (Monday-Friday). For more information, contact coach Neely Lovett at (706) 240-9110 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Junior Rowing team's spring season is under way. The team welcomes youth ages 12-18. Practices are held at the Boathouse, located at 101 Riverfront Drive in Augusta, from 4-6:30 p.m. each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. For more information, visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Julian Smith Casino ballpark. For information, call Erika Pracht at (803) 634-3186 or e-mail email@example.com. The Web site is www.augustarugby.org.
- The Augusta Arsenal Soccer Club has upcoming tryouts for both boys and girls teams U9 through U19. U9 through U13 will be held Tuesday through Thursday of next week . U14 through U19 will be held June 9, 10 and 11 . Boys and girls of the same age will tryout on the same field and at the same time at Augusta Soccer Park, 3824 Maddox Road. Locations and times are as follows: U9-Field 2 6-7 p.m.; U10--Field 2 7:30-8:30 p.m.; U11-Field 4 6-7 p.m.; U12-Field 4 7:30-8:30 p.m.; U13-Field 3 6-7 p.m.; U14-Field 3 6-7 p.m.; U15-Field 7 7:30-8:30 p.m.; U16-Field 7 6-7 p.m.; U17-Field 1 7:30-8:30 p.m.; U19-Field 1 6-7 p.m.
- Kabuye Soccer Academy will hold a soccer clinic for boys and girls, ages 6-14, on May 26-29 from 9 a.m. until noon. Cost of the clinic is $100 per player. For more information, call (706) 755-1082 or visit www.patricksportsagency.com.
- A 12U fastpitch tournament will be held at Thomson High School on Saturday and Aug. 7 . For more information, contact Wayne Wilson at (706) 564-5357.
- The Georgia Games adult softball tournament will be held on June 7 at Diamond Lakes. Entry fee is $175. To enter, call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682.
- Augusta Prep's summer volleyball camps will be June 5-6 and June 23-27. There are two sessions per camp, middle school from 9 a.m. until noon, and high school from 1-4 p.m. The cost is $50 for the two-day camp and $150 for the five-day camp. For more information, call coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. - The eighth annual Greenbrier volleyball camp will be held June 10-13 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Camp is for girls in grades 5-9. Cost is $75. For more information, call (706) 650-4152 ext. 220.