- Jake Ivey , president of J. W. Ivey & Associate Inc. has received the Guildmaster with Highest Distinction Award for 2008 for having a 90 percent recommendation rate among the at least 70 percent of customers who filled out a satisfaction survey. Mr. Ivey has more than 24 years of construction industry experience and was among 26 to receive the award.
- Johnny L. Rowland , owner of Rowland Funeral Home in North Augusta, attended the recent Selected Independent Funeral Homes association's group meeting in Hilton Head Island, S.C.
- The Alison Group , has received a Silver ADDY Award for "Brigadoon Sales Kit" from American Advertising Federation Southern Region (7th District) for achievements in Advertising: Sales Promotion Campaign.
- Red Door Designs , has received a Silver ADDY Award for River Island Map Guide from American Advertising Federation Southern Region (7th District) for achievements in Advertising: Collateral Material, Brochure, four-color.
- Ray Domyslawski , an occupational therapist and certified hand therapist at Doctors Hospital Rehab Health Centers, has been awarded the Outstanding Clinical Faculty Award from the Medical College of Georgia School of Allied Health for achievements in educating occupational therapy students wanting to enter the field of outpatient and hand therapy. He joined the Doctors Hospital staff in 1997.
- John Rox , has earned the Top Mortgage Producer award from Georgia Bank & Trust Mortgage for achievements in March.
- Thomas M. Dozier , president of Gold Mech Inc., has been appointed by Gov. Sonny Perdue to the State Construction Industry Licensing Board's Division of Master Plumbers and Journeyman Plumbers. The registered professional mechanical engineer previously served as president of the Georgia Association of Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Contractors.
- Sandra Murrell , of Century 21 Larry Miller Realty, has earned the Century 21 Global Referral Network Specialist professional designation that qualifies her to provide clients with specialized referral services.
- Harison Heights has been named one of six personal care homes in the state to receive a Best Practice award from the state Office of Regulatory Services for the Helping Us Grow Strong women's support group. The program, known as HUGS, was created by Harison Heights' Liz Brunson and Laquilla Reynolds .
- Steve Purvis , a police officer for CSX Transportation in Augusta, has been nominated for the railroad industry's top environmental award, the John H. Chafee Environmental Excellence Award. He serves as coordinator to the newly-formed Police Environmental Crime Unit which investigates and prosecutes environmental crimes occurring on CSX property.
- The following people have earned Service Awards from Wachovia Bank: Francine Johnson , 31 years; Pat Sylvester , 28 years; Henrietta Hall , 28 years; Carol Counts , 27 years; Karen Miller , 35 years; India Striggles , 28 years.
- Kelly Boyd , store manager of the Morris Museum of Art, has been elected secretary of the South Atlantic Chapter of the Museum Store Association for 2008-2009. Ms. Boyd has also been named to the five-member Program Resource Group which develops educational content for the national conference agenda.
- The Medical College of Georgia recognized the following people at its 2008 Outstanding Faculty Awards: Charlotte A. Chatto , assistant professor of physical therapy, School of Allied Health Sciences; Dr. George Schuster , associate dean for research, School of Dentistry; Dr. Vadivel Ganapathy , regent's professor and chairman of biochemistry and molecular biology, School of Graduate studies; Dr. Gregory A. Harshfield , director of the Georgia Prevention Institute and Dr. David Scott Lind , chief of surgical oncology, School of Medicine; Dr. Linda Altman , assistant professor, School of Nursing; Dr. Frank Treiber , vice president for research and associate provost; Dr. Robert Gregory Stowers , assistant professor in the physician assistant program, School of Allied Health Sciences; Dr. Robert W. Comer , professor of general dentistry and oral rehabilitation and Dr. Gregory Parr , a professor in the Department of Oral Rehabilitation; School of Dentistry; Dr. Mason Thompson , former associate dean for admissions and student affairs, and Dr. Janis Work , coordinator for special projects, School of Medicine.
SUBMIT AN ITEM
Submit text and photos for the Biz Bits section using our online "Individual/Company Recognition" or "Miscellaneous" forms at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove. Items received by noon Monday will be published the following Monday.