Jeremiah Wright helps pave the way for Hillary Clinton

I believe that Jeremiah Wright has now single-handedly torpedoed Barack Obama's already-slim chance to win the presidency.

How Obama could ever sit down to dinner with Wright again is beyond me. I've never seen a person sabotaged by a supposed friend this way. It should have been obvious to Wright that the thing to do would be to disappear until after the election. Wright has either gone mad or is putting his own agenda over Obama's.

Of itself, this does not disappoint me. I am rarely in agreement with the mostly humanistic, socialist objectives of the Democrats. It doesn't matter how well they speak or what they look like. What makes it so bad to me is that this will allow Hillary Clinton to slip in through the back door via superdelegates.

Ideologically, Clinton and Obama (and John McCain, for that matter) are largely peas from the same pod. Clinton, however, lacks gravitas and integrity, and brings far too much baggage to the table.

Stu Crosby, Grovetown

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 05/04/08 - 04:57 am
So does everyone else in the

So does everyone else in the political field!

HTN007
HTN007 05/04/08 - 07:33 am
"and brings far too much

"and brings far too much baggage to the table.".......could not agree more!

christian134
christian134 05/04/08 - 07:43 am
The only one left standing or

The only one left standing or was standing in this political swamp was Fred Dalton Thompson....He was not suitable fodder for the media....Obama and Clinton were the headliners of the century....Now that we have come this far let's pray Obama and his crew fall back into the swamp where they emerged....Clinton and McCain are both frightening prospects in and of themselves..People, we as a nation united, need to fervently and humbly pray to God to heal our country and return His hand of protection and guidance.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/04/08 - 07:52 am
There's mighty slim pickin's

There's mighty slim pickin's in this presidential race. No best candidate and difficult to determine the "lesser evil". Thank goodness for the entertainment value of the Democrat primary.

christian134
christian134 05/04/08 - 08:03 am
A bestseller in the

A bestseller in the making......

JesusIsComing
JesusIsComing 05/04/08 - 08:16 am
There is no way that the Dems

There is no way that the Dems will choose Clinton over Obama at the convention. I would hope for such an outcome but it will not happen. To choose Clinton over Obama (even if Clinton has more votes) would mean choosing a White candidate over a Black candidate. Even the Dems, craven as they are, would not do such a thing. The most likely outcome is that Obama is selected after Clinton makes "the most humble speech of her life" and withdraws her candidacy in support of "Brother Obama", who immediately selects her as his running mate. Even Clinton's huge ego will see that half a loaf is better than none. Then she will work to showboat Obama throughout her first term and wind up being the party's choice in 2008. All this assumes that McCain chooses Romney or some other party hack as his running mate (which will leave the Evangelical base at home for the election). If, on the other hand, McCain chooses Huckabee or some other person acceptable to Evangelicals, it will be a Republican victory in 2008 and a sweep of the Congress to the Republican side. But only God knows for sure.

The Kingfish
The Kingfish 05/04/08 - 09:31 am
JIS, Before B.O. selects

JIS, Before B.O. selects Clinton as his running mate he should remember Vince Foster, Ron Brown and others I' m sure.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/04/08 - 10:00 am
LOL Calhoun, that WOULD be

LOL Calhoun, that WOULD be like jumping in front of a fast moving truck because you thought it was going to help you someday.

dani
dani 05/04/08 - 10:19 am
Obama mght select Hillary as

Obama mght select Hillary as a running mate, he seems to believe in fairy tales such as ''diplomacy works". This morning on "meet the Press" the poor guy (who evidently lives in la la land) was talking about bringing people "together". The beliefs of liberals are so far from the beliefs of conservatives, and vice vrsa, that the very thought of "coming together" is a joke on the voters.

mgroothand
mgroothand 05/04/08 - 12:13 pm
The Democrats have given the

The Democrats have given the American voters two candidates with serious character deficiencies. They both LIE! There is little chance for Clinton to get the nomination. The Dems don't want to be held responsible for the race riots that will ensue if a black man is denied his chance at the white house.

AGR354
AGR354 05/04/08 - 12:43 pm
Neither have a chance against

Neither have a chance against McCain. The only Question now is who will be McCain's Vice President

Rose
Rose 05/04/08 - 01:26 pm
You people can't seem to say

You people can't seem to say anything but garbage about Obama and Hillary. Can't you see that after awhile, nobody will listen to you? I support Obama, and nothing anyone says is going to change my mind. I really hope that he wins the nomination and chooses Hillary for his running mate.

Bizarro
Bizarro 05/04/08 - 02:10 pm
So Rose are you saying you

So Rose are you saying you are mindlessly voting for Obama or just you have made up your mind and won't change no matter if Obama turns out to be Satan incarnate? I think all there is is garbage to speak about all our pres. candidates. Wow an Obama-Clinton ticket would be difficult if not impossible to beat, but that is just because they are the AntiChrist and Whore of Babylon. hee,hee,hee. I've actually heard people make that analogy.

Bizarro
Bizarro 05/04/08 - 02:14 pm
I guess Obama wants to keep

I guess Obama wants to keep Wright around like the ole saying: Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer. hee,hee,ha. I'd like to be a fly on the wall and listen to a conversation between the two of late.

Rose
Rose 05/04/08 - 02:46 pm
Bizarro I have a right to

Bizarro I have a right to vote my choice. You vote your choice and that is it. You can call anyone anti-christ. You are calling names because you are just want to make up lies.

mable8
mable8 05/04/08 - 02:46 pm
Obama may be "charismatic,"

Obama may be "charismatic," but he is still a liar. His wife, Michelle, supports Wright and that is no secret. She publicly continued to agree with Wright until spouse gained a 3 point edge over Clinton and THEN PROCLAIMED: "OH, I LIKE THE UNITED STATES NOW." If he is so "outraged" by what Wright says, then I might become more supportive of him WHEN he DIVORCES his wife. And by the way, his campaign motto: "Yes we can," is from an ad that sells arthirtis medication and shows those afflicted doing the normal, everyday things that others can (like opening a jar, tying shoe laces, etc) after taking the promotor's medication. Consequently, you can't even say Obama has the capacity to have an ORIGINAL THOUGHT.

Bizarro
Bizarro 05/04/08 - 02:50 pm
Oh don't get your tail

Oh don't get your tail feathers rustled. I'm just funnin. Everyone has a right to their opinions and I'm sure you think little of Obama's opponents. I think little of all of them, but eh that's just my opinion. Trying to pick the lesser of evils is idiotic so more and more I'm thinking of the unthinkable and just not voting. I find that entirely frustrating and I'm close to human combustion temp. No wonder there are so many crazy people running around this planet.

Rose
Rose 05/04/08 - 03:01 pm
Just about anyone would be

Just about anyone would be better than the clown we have now in the White House.

tonytonytony
tonytonytony 05/04/08 - 03:50 pm
This is not about what color

This is not about what color the person is that the democrats pick at their convention. If you are a christian american and still want bomo to win. No matter what color you are. Then you need to look in the mirror, because you are lying to yourself. If you are black and want bomo then you are picking him just because you think a black will do more for the blacks. If you are white and you are backing bomo, then you are either blind or stupid. I will be the first to admit ms clinton is not a great choice. But several things to look at. Is she a christian or has she hung out the last 20 years and was close friends with a man that is not a christian. Wright can claim whatever. But one thing he is not is a man of the lord. No man of the lord has the hate that wright carries with him. Is ms clinton an american. I have never seen her once not put her hand over her heart during the pledge. Bomo and his buddy wright are both anti american So to me is simple. I dont care if the person is blue, green, yellow, or pink. I want the person to be a christian american that knows how to run a country. This country is in bad shape, we need someone that has god in their heart not hate. Mirror time.

Rose
Rose 05/04/08 - 04:04 pm
tony, it sure is mirror time.

tony, it sure is mirror time. Look in the mirror at yourself and see all the hate you feel toward anyone who disagrees with you. I feel that Obama is a very good choice to lead our country. I am not stupid for believing that. Everyone has choices, and mine is Obama.

tonytonytony
tonytonytony 05/04/08 - 04:09 pm
Every rose has it's thorns.

Every rose has it's thorns.

kiseta50
kiseta50 05/04/08 - 04:27 pm
Rose, be carefull for what

Rose, be carefull for what you are praying, you my get it. President Bush is not perfect, but the country was not bombed again, the unemployment is 5% (compare that to Carter years)the only reason the gasoline prices are high because nobody wants to drill for our OWN oil, instead of buying from the Middle East. I remember Carter years when we where standing in line for gas, sometime for two hours, just to get $5.00 worth of gas. I have not seen the people saving money by not eating out, just look at the restaurants, always full, by the time a family of 4 eats, you payed enough to fill up your gas tank for the whole week.No matter who wins, I still have to go to work. That is OK

Dan White 05/04/08 - 05:20 pm
Wright has ruined Obama with

Wright has ruined Obama with his black racism and black liberation theology which Obama also holds according to his first book. No rational thinking white person will vote Obama. And that's not because he is black but because he is a left wing radical with 20 years in Wright's church. Give me a moderate, fair black candidate to vote for next time.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 05/04/08 - 05:21 pm
" I support Obama, and

" I support Obama, and nothing anyone says is going to change my mind." That has got to be one of the most narrow minded statements I've heard in a long time. So if Obama, himself, said that he was planning on raising your taxes through the roof, it wouldn't change your mind? I suppose not, since you haven't changed your mind yet.....and he has promised to raise your taxes through the roof.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 05/04/08 - 05:25 pm
greenjacket, no RATIONAL

greenjacket, no RATIONAL thinking person of any color would vote for Obama. He actually said he would raise taxes even if it causes LESS revenue to be collected. How is that rational?

Rose
Rose 05/04/08 - 05:49 pm
The statements all of you

The statements all of you make concerning Obama are narrow minded statements. Also, Wright is not running for President. I could nag any of you about your choice but I don't. That is the way elections are in my country. We have freedom to vote our choice. None of you are going to tell me who not to vote for.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 05/04/08 - 05:51 pm
Name one statement I have

Name one statement I have made about Obama that was narrow minded. Just one. And no one is telling you who to vote for....that is your right.... they are just telling you that you are being irrational and narrow minded....that is our right.

Rose
Rose 05/04/08 - 06:08 pm
yep and my right to say the

yep and my right to say the same.

Signal Always
Signal Always 05/04/08 - 06:47 pm
Just the white man trying to

Just the white man trying to hold the black man down. Oh....wait....

Rose
Rose 05/04/08 - 07:49 pm
Obama is white and black. His

Obama is white and black. His skin color does not matter.