Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
l The AAU National Boys Basketball Super Regional Championship Tournament will be held Friday-Sunday for ages 12U, 13U, 15U and 16U. The entry fee is $300. Three games are guaranteed. For more information, contact Greg Williams or Dameon Key
at (706) 533-6852 or visit www.aauboys basketball.org.
- The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is holding summer league registration. The deadline is May 9 . Call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 for more information.
- The second Relay for Life Golf Tournament will be held Monday . It will actually include two tournaments at The Reserve Club at Woodside Plantation. Last year's event raised more than $9,000. Lunch will be served on the course, and there will be a 19th hole with heavy hors d'oeuvres. The tournament will feature a 10 a.m. shotgun start. For more information, contact Jenny Lind McRae at (803) 617-0862.
- The Integrity Golf Classic will be held Monday . There will be a 1 p.m. shotgun start, and the event will feature a four-man scramble. For more information call (706) 210-7676, 1-800-763-4222 ext. 9, or e-mail email@example.com.
- The 10th Annual Bill Arra Golf Tournament, supporting the Penn State Alumni Association of Aiken/Augusta Scholarship Fund, will be held May 10 at The Golf Club of Cedar Creek in Aiken. The tournament is a four-player team format with Modified Stableford scoring and a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Lunch starts at 11 a.m. The cost is $280 per team or $70 per person, which includes greens fee, cart, lunch and unlimited use of the driving range. There will be a putting contest and a raffle. For more information, contact Carl Hirst at (803) 642-5549.
- The Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue will play host to a tournament benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association on May 12 at Jones Creek. The tournament is a four-man scramble with best ball. Cost is $65 per player and $260 per team. There will be a morning and afternoon flight, with 18 teams in each flight. Shotgun starts are at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. For more information, call (706) 831-1308.
- The Jessye Norman School of Arts will play host to a benefit tournament May 13 at Belle Meade Country Club in Thomson. The event will be sponsored by the Knox Foundation, and proceeds benefit the after-school program, targeted to inner city youth in Augusta. Lunch will be served at 11:45 a.m., prior to a 1 p.m. shotgun start. The prize for a hole-in-one is a Dodge Dakota pickup, provided by Thomson Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep. For more information, call (706) 737-4322 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Symphony Golf Classic will be held May 19 at Belle Meade Country Club in Thomson. Registration is $100 for individuals and $400 for a foursome. Deadline for registration is Wednesday . Hole sponsorships are available. To register or for more information, contact Beverly Smith at (706) 826-4704 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Augusta Singles Golf Association will meet every second Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Athens Restaurant at 246 Bobby Jones Expressway. Meet and play golf with area singles, two outings a month. For more information, call George at (706) 790-7309 or Pete at (706) 733-0070.
l The Fourth Annual Rodeo Nights Pro Rodeo, which started Saturday, ends today at the Columbia County Fairgrounds in Evans. Cowboys and cowgirls of the International Pro Rodeo Association will be competing for prize money. For more information, call (864) 445-3828 or visit www.crosscreekrodeo.com or for rider bios and facts, visit www.iprarodeo.com.
- The Gator Trot & Walk will be held during the Hell Hole Swamp festival in Jamestown, S.C., Saturday at 8:30 a.m. Registration is $20 through today . Race-day registration is $25 until 8:15 a.m. on the day of the race. Registration forms are available online at www.active.com.
- The Augusta Junior Rowing Team's spring season is under way. Come and try out for two weeks at no cost. The team welcomes youth ages 12-18. Practices are held at the Boathouse, located at 101 Riverfront Drive in Augusta, from 4-6:30 p.m. each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. For more information, visit www.augustarowing club.org.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Julian Smith Casino ballpark. New players are welcome. For information, call Erika Pracht at (803) 634-3186 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Web site is www.augustarugby.org.
- The Augusta Arsenal Soccer Club is looking for several additional players for its U11 boys teams for the spring (March-May) season. Players are eligible for this age group if they reach their 11th birthday on or after Aug. 1, 2007. To learn more, parents can contact Kevin O'Kula at (706) 727-0488 on weekends or after
6 p.m. on weekdays.
- Kabuye Soccer Academy will hold a soccer clinic for boys and girls, ages 6-14, on May 26-29 from 9 a.m. until noon. Cost of the clinic is $100 per player. For more information, call (706) 755-1082 or visit www.patricksportsagency.com.
l The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is holding summer softball registration. Deadline is Wednesday . Call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 for more information.
- The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is holding senior softball registration. (Must turn 50 or older during this calender year.) Deadline is Wednesday . The cost for registration is $35. Call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 for more info.
l Augusta Prep's annual summer volleyball camps will be June 5-6 and June 23-27 . There are two sessions per camp, middle school from 9 a.m. until noon, and high school from 1-4 p.m. The cost is $50 for the two-day camp and $150 for the five-day camp. For more information, call coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The eighth annual Greenbrier volleyball camp will be held June 10-13 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Camp is for girls in grades 5-9. Cost is $75. For more information, contact Dr. Born at (706) 650-4152 ext. 220.