- The Evans High baseball program will honor the school's 1959 team Tuesday prior to the game against Lakeside High. Players from that team will throw out the ceremonial first pitch and will be treated to a reception during the game. If you were a member of that team and would like to participate, contact Tom Millward at (706) 840-3061 or e-mail at email@example.com.
- The Academy of Richmond County Baseball Boosters Club will honor the legendary A.L. Williams on April 21 , beginning at 4 p.m. on the baseball field. The Richmond Academy varsity team will play Westside at 5 p.m. Attending will be Jack Fisher, a Richmond Academy alum and former major league pitcher. All are invited to attend.
- The Robert Sapp Baseball Camp is accepting applications for its session at Sweetwater Park in Thomson, June 2-6 . Camp is scheduled to run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily and is for ages 7-14. The fee is $125 with team rates available. For more information, call (706) 595-2152 or (770) 287-3309 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is holding summer league registration. The deadline is May 9 . Call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 for more information.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches the last Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club, located at 1929 Walton Way. There is no charge for attendance, and the public is welcome. Adult boxers must weigh in the previous Monday, and youth must weigh in on Tuesday to be eligible to spar. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The Haydens All Star Twisters Cheerleading Program will hold auditions/tryouts Friday at 7 p.m. at Haydens Cheerleading Academy, 4300 Evans to Locks Rd in Evans. Experience is not necessary. For additional information, contact Leslie Anderson at (706) 955-8395 or (706) 868-0608 or e-mail email@example.com.
l Former Georgia Bulldogs star Danny Verdun Wheeler will hold a football camp Saturday at Sweetwater Park in Thomson from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The camp will feature group sessions, speed training, an NFL mini combine, lectures, and an autograph session. Registration is at 9 a.m. The cost is $35. All campers are required to have a completed and signed parental release form before participating. For more information, call (706) 564-4780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Fencers Club has opened registration for introductory foil classes beginning Tuesday for children and Thursday for adults. Participants should come dressed in leotards or shorts and athletic shoes. Payment is due on the first day of class. For more information, call (706) 722-8878 or e-mail email@example.com.
l The Augusta State University Alumni and Friends Lauderdale Championship will be held at Forest Hills Golf Club on Friday . The tournament will feature women, senior and open divisions. For entry forms, call Michelle Ellington (706) 667-4710.
- The Mutual of Omaha Drive, Chip and Putt junior golf program will come to the First Tee of Augusta on April 22 . The free event is for junior golfers of all skill levels between the ages of 7-14. Golfers competing in the local championships are divided into four age divisions and compete in three categories: driving, chipping and putting. The top three golfers in each division advance to one of 16 regional championships, with those winners advancing to the national championships in August.
For additional information, visit www.golfchannel.com/kids.
- The Augusta Municipal Golf Course is looking for anyone interested in a golf league. The league format will be a two-man scramble in match play competition. League play will be held on Wednesdays at 5 p.m., beginning April 23 . For more information, call (706) 731-9344.
- The second Relay for Life Golf Tournament will be held April 28 and include two tournaments at The Reserve Club at Woodside Plantation. Last year's event raised more than $9,000. Lunch will be served on the course, and there will be a 19th hole with heavy hors d'oeuvres. The tournament will feature a 10 a.m. shotgun start. For more information, contact Jenny Lind McRae at (803) 617-0862.
- The first Integrity Golf Classic will be held on April 28 . There will be a 1 p.m. shotgun start, and the tournament will feature a four-man scramble. For more information, call (706) 210-7676 or 1-800-763-4222 ext. 9 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue will play host to a golf tournament benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association on May 12 at Jones Creek. The tournament will be a four-man scramble with best ball. Cost is $65 per player and $260 per team. There will be a morning and afternoon flight with 18 teams in each flight. Shotgun starts are at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. For more information, call (706) 831-1308.
- Spirit Creek Educational Forest, Phinizy Swamp Nature Park and Pendleton King Park will hold the Green Trails Trilogy, a series of races in the Augusta area. Second in the series is the Seventh Annual Swamp Stomp 5K at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park on Saturday to benefit the Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy. Lastly is the Fourth Annual Arbor Day 5K at Pendleton King Park to benefit the Central Savannah River Land Trust. To learn more, contact Rick Herring at (706) 951-3638 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Alleluia Glory Run 5K will be held on April 26 at 8 a.m. Kids are invited to race in the 1-mile fun run/walk at 9 a.m. There will be a Tot Trot for preschool-aged children. Preregistration ends Tuesday and is $15. Cost is $18 after that. For more information, call Dian Conkright at (706) 796-2929.
- The Fourth Annual Rodeo Nights Pro Rodeo is coming to the Columbia County Fairgrounds in Evans on April 25-26 . Cowboys and cowgirls of the International Pro Rodeo Association will be competing for prize money. For more information, call (864) 445-3828 or visit www.crosscreekrodeo.com, or for rider bios and facts, visit www.iprarodeo.com.
- The Augusta Rowing Club offers a monthly learn to row program for adults. For information, call David Young at (803) 279-6302 or visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested to practices each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Julian Smith Casino ballpark. New players are welcome. For information, call Erika Pracht at (803) 634-3186 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Web site is www.augustarugby.org.
- Kabuye Soccer Academy will hold a soccer clinic for boys and girls, ages 6-14, on May 26-29 from 9 a.m. until noon daily. Cost of the clinic is $100 per player. For more information, call (706) 755-1082 or visit www.patricksportsagency.com.
- The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is holding summer softball registration. Deadline is April 30 . Call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 for more information.
- The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is holding senior softball registration. Those interested must turn 50 or older during this calender year. Deadline is April 30 . Cost is $35. Call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 for more information.
- Python Power Leagues will play host to the Georgia State "Drug-Free" Powerlifting Championships on Saturday at 11 a.m. at Python Gym, 2250 Lumpkin Round. Events include the bench press, squat, deadlift, bench press for reps and the pose down. Entry fee is $40. For more information, contact Tee "Skinny Man" Meyers at (706) 790-3806 or e-mail email@example.com.