Obama has to have been influenced

I have waited and watched. I have paced and grumbled. But it is time to come clean: Barack Obama is a radical maniac. His recent defense for the "reverend" Jeremiah Wright as a pastor and spiritual leader should open the eyes of every Democrat in the United States, then make them cry tears of reality.

His defense of Wright was, as I would expect, that Wright's comments were shameful, but he did not disown or denounce the reverend in any way. Obama recently commented to ABC News: "This is somebody who I knew for 20 years. He was my pastor, he wasn't my political adviser. He wasn't somebody who was, you know, shaping my thoughts about most issues."

As a practicing Christian, just as Obama is, I let God and the denomination that I choose shape my beliefs and values, be they personal or political. Obama's political actions should mimic his core Christian beliefs. A pastor does not simply believe on certain Sundays that America was to blame for the Sept. 11 attacks. He does not "damn" America only when he is riled up. These are beliefs that the pastor has, and as a result, his congregation should share.

The Obamas attended this church for more than 20 years, and he expects us to believe that he had never before heard these radically insane and crazy comments?

As a voting Republican, I have advice for liberals: Get your act together. They fought a hard battle in 2006 to gain control of Congress, but once again, they are about to destroy what should be a close election. It scares me to think that if this election is lost by the Republicans, that we would have to live under a lunatic such as Barack Obama. Hillary Clinton for president 2008!

Eric Hauff, Martinez

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/08/08 - 03:36 pm
Yes and i gave reasons why i

Yes and i gave reasons why i could not vote for him and none of them had anything to do with his race. as i said, when someone that doesn't agree says something; it is turned around to blame the poster. what was there to believe, per your comment?

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/08/08 - 03:40 pm
I haven't called you a name

I haven't called you a name or mentioned race. You keep spouting off prepackaged lines. I feel he can still win without your vote. Obama 08!!!!

charlie-D
charlie-D 04/08/08 - 03:43 pm
So, rcr, you imply in your

So, rcr, you imply in your 4:03 post that whites do not treat you fair, is that true and if so, who are they?

Bizarro
Bizarro 04/08/08 - 03:44 pm
No RCR I am mocking the

No RCR I am mocking the posters. Stirring the pot. The news media has reported on death threats to Obama. I could care less the tone of anyones skin, that is a poor measure of a man. Everyone should jump me for saying it as much as jumping justus for his vitriol remarks.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/08/08 - 03:54 pm
Charlie, get a life, dude.

Charlie, get a life, dude. I'm waiting on you to add something to the conversation. You must be young man, you act like kid. Just like a lame, named after Mr. Charlie. I guess the D, stands for doublecross.You really live up to that so well. Bizarro, it's hard to tell you are only joking.Well gotta go.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 03:56 pm
gagirl, I don't think any

gagirl, I don't think any presidential candidates are in Swaggart's Haggard's or Bakker's churches. I think Haggard was booted out as should be Wright. Bakker went to prison and Swaggart's washed up. Real Christians won't stand for charleton Elmer Gantry's in the pulpit. And neither should Obama. But there is a lot more at stake since he is running for President and he should change churches and get away from any hint of black liberation theology.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 03:56 pm
RCR - your mom is a hero.

RCR - your mom is a hero. Wow!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/08/08 - 03:57 pm
rcr... where did i say that

rcr... where did i say that you called me a name? where do you get that i'm spouting prepackaged lines? as i stated before, when some don't like what we say or we disagree with them, they go after the messenger.

charlie-D
charlie-D 04/08/08 - 04:06 pm
rcr, all I asked was what

rcr, all I asked was what type of whites treat you unfairly??

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/08/08 - 04:50 pm
sanders20 regarding your 3:20

sanders20 regarding your 3:20 post. you wrote: 2 of you just did baroness. Yourself and bone. Did what sanders20? I see nothing in my posts that would have me lumped in with bone. What did you mean? And regarding the image thing, I am made in God's image, so does that make me male and swarthy as Jesus probably was? No, I am made in God's SPIRITUAL image or else I would have to read that to mean my physical being if made in God's image as male and swarthy. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I have pale-skin and freckles, blue-eyes, red (and grey) hair and am most definitely female. Does that make me any less having been made in God's image? No.

workingmom
workingmom 04/08/08 - 05:12 pm
I agree with you Baroness if

I agree with you Baroness if the man is staying at home as well. However, if he has a full time job (as most men do) and the wife is staying home, do you not agree that she should do the majority of the household obligations in order to fulfill her share of the partnership? I'm not saying he should never help out but if I were not working and at home all day, I would feel guilty if he came home and had household chores to do. I work AND do chores when I get home, as do my husband and children.

workingmom
workingmom 04/08/08 - 05:33 pm
Now, taking care of three

Now, taking care of three young children while doing all that is a different story. I would back you up 100% on that one. I guess I meant once the kids are older and can chip in so that you aren't having to take care of them 24/7. Since my kids are older, I don't have to monitor them and have time when I get home to do my household chores. I still have dinner ready most evenings when my husband gets home and do most of the housework and laundry. He takes care of the outside and the cars.

ljhay
ljhay 04/08/08 - 05:38 pm
It's sad that someone has to

It's sad that someone has to educate the general public on the media witch hunting. The overplaying of that 30 second clip has distorted the meaning of the entire message. He stated in the before mentioned controversial statement. That governments change but God doesn't. He explained the differences in government dating back to earlier presidencies. He then went on to comment on the business conducted by those presidents and how it effected african-american citizens.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/08/08 - 05:56 pm
At this point, I don't feel I

At this point, I don't feel I have anyone to vote for. I do feel Obama is influenced by Jeremiah Wright. I am influenced by my church's leaders. Normally, if I was concerned about a sermon, I would remain for the sermon, get up, arrange an appointment with the church leader, have a talk to make sure I understood his points and base a decision on whether or not to leave on his answers. I would want to make sure I understood the content, intent and motivation of his sermon before making a decision to leave. If I heard "D*mn America, I don't think I would bother with those steps. I can't imagine staying in that congregation for 20 years listening to Jeremiah Wright spew hatred toward America and its people without question.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 06:20 pm
ljhay, what part of his

ljhay, what part of his message was distorted when he said the US government created AIDS to kill the black man?

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 06:22 pm
ljhay......sometimes in a

ljhay......sometimes in a witch hunt, you just might find a witch.

ABerger
ABerger 04/08/08 - 07:30 pm
Condalisa Rice for President!

Condalisa Rice for President!

KSL
KSL 04/08/08 - 08:06 pm
I could second that motion.

I could second that motion. It would be interesting to see what she would be like on her own. She probably has some of the same problems with Bush that some of the rest of us do.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 08:09 pm
I'll third that! (if there

I'll third that! (if there were such a thing)

KSL
KSL 04/09/08 - 12:56 am
As for the headline. I don't

As for the headline. I don't think Obama was influenced, I think instead that he and his wife chose to go to the church because what is preached there is what they believe. Don't most people stick with a church because it preaches what they believe? That he is arrogant enough to think that this would not catch up with him during his campaign for the Presidency gives me a problem, the same kind of problem that Bush gives me with his arrogance. The same kind of problem I would have with the arrogance of Richmond County so called leaders. And a problem similar to the one created by Hillary when she totally made up yet another lie, this time regarding Bosnia. People, wake up and see how ALL of these folks think we are fools. None of them have respect for the American people. Perhaps better and more responsible behavior on our part would change that.

KSL
KSL 04/09/08 - 01:10 am
Think for a minute how the

Think for a minute how the American public comes across to the politicians, both sides of the isle. Not all of these will apply to evryone.
We charge too much and carry too much credit card debt.
We buy a home we can't afford because the ratios don't take into consideration all things.
We lie on loan applications and buy a house we cannot afford if the rates go up.
We have illigitimate children.
We drop out of school.
We take drugs or alcohol to the point that we cannot hold a job, or we commit crime to support the habit.
We join gangs and all that entails.
We belong to families that are on their 3rd generation of public housing assistance.
We get subsidized rents and trash the places we live in.
We continue to have children when we are asking the government for support of the first one we had.
We get student loans and don't pay them back.

KSL
KSL 04/09/08 - 01:11 am
That is just a start.

That is just a start.

hisfaith2003
hisfaith2003 04/09/08 - 05:24 am
You people have just made a

You people have just made a free speech commit, bigger then what it is. Yes! america is onesided. and yes Obama is black and a great candiate for the president seat, so of course you are going to knockhim for anything someone else says. But you know what he is pressing on, and you all can't stand it... ha ha. get a life about yourself. OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT........

He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named
He_Who_Must_Not_Be_Named 04/09/08 - 05:36 am
hisfaith2003, I agree, Obama

hisfaith2003, I agree, Obama is a great candidate to be the president's seat.

christian134
christian134 04/09/08 - 07:11 am
Obama needs to return from

Obama needs to return from whence he came....He has no experience, none at all, that would lead anyone with a ounce or less of common sense and education to believe he is anywhere near capable enough to lead this great nation....He will be elected solely on the fact that he is a young, half-charming, reasonably decent speaker and black...Those are not the qualifications needed to lead the country....The last one who was young, charming and well spoken was John Kennedy...We barely survived him.....Oh well like I have stated "hold on to your behinds boys and girls the ride is about to get bumpy"......:-)

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/09/08 - 07:13 am
Why? hisfaith2003 and

Why? hisfaith2003 and oldimort......Why? what has he done that makes him so great for the job?

Kettle donations rise in 2014