Obama has to have been influenced

I have waited and watched. I have paced and grumbled. But it is time to come clean: Barack Obama is a radical maniac. His recent defense for the "reverend" Jeremiah Wright as a pastor and spiritual leader should open the eyes of every Democrat in the United States, then make them cry tears of reality.

His defense of Wright was, as I would expect, that Wright's comments were shameful, but he did not disown or denounce the reverend in any way. Obama recently commented to ABC News: "This is somebody who I knew for 20 years. He was my pastor, he wasn't my political adviser. He wasn't somebody who was, you know, shaping my thoughts about most issues."

As a practicing Christian, just as Obama is, I let God and the denomination that I choose shape my beliefs and values, be they personal or political. Obama's political actions should mimic his core Christian beliefs. A pastor does not simply believe on certain Sundays that America was to blame for the Sept. 11 attacks. He does not "damn" America only when he is riled up. These are beliefs that the pastor has, and as a result, his congregation should share.

The Obamas attended this church for more than 20 years, and he expects us to believe that he had never before heard these radically insane and crazy comments?

As a voting Republican, I have advice for liberals: Get your act together. They fought a hard battle in 2006 to gain control of Congress, but once again, they are about to destroy what should be a close election. It scares me to think that if this election is lost by the Republicans, that we would have to live under a lunatic such as Barack Obama. Hillary Clinton for president 2008!

Eric Hauff, Martinez

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:03 pm
Thanks, judge, in regards to

Thanks, judge, in regards to your 10:38 post. The scary thing about Wright/Moss/Obama's Black Liberation Theology is that it is being preached and believed by no telling how many blacks - millions perhaps - in America and elsewhere. And, certainly, some posters in here seem to subscribe to it wholeheartedly.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:06 pm
JohnCarl - Sammy Davis, Jr.

JohnCarl - Sammy Davis, Jr. was black before he was a Jew. He converted to Judaism. The Jews are swarthy colored in their skin color, neither white like the Aryans want him to be or black like the Black Liberation Theologians and preachers want him to be. Pretty ingenious, huh, a man, Jesus, for all colors.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 12:07 pm
Let me clarify. I won't say

Let me clarify. I won't say for sure that Obama is a racist. He is either a racist for continuing subscribe to the teachings of his mentor for 20 years, or he is spinless for not leaving, or he is just an idiot for not knowing that it was going on. You decide which one. Personally I don't like the idea of either of the 3 leading my country.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 12:09 pm
I'm aware of that

I'm aware of that greenie....just pointing out that owensjef was correct..... you can be black and a jew. Don't change my mind....he and I don't agree often.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:09 pm
owen - Judaism is both a race

owen - Judaism is both a race and a belief. Not all genetic Jews believe in the God of the Old Testament. And, there are indeed those who convert to Judaism who are not ethnic Jews. But nevertheless, the true sons and daughters of Abraham are both a race and a belief.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/08/08 - 12:10 pm
if you continue to sit in the

if you continue to sit in the pew - you share the view...

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:17 pm
Good Afternoon, RCR - Obama

Good Afternoon, RCR - Obama is a mulatto, but he has chosen to identify with African-Americans rather than Euro-Americans. I suppose there are white people out there who hate their own race and could be called racist. I guess it would be like a male born a male but hates being a male and becomes a female. You know, kind of like Michael Jackson. He's kind of pale now compared to what he looked like thrity years ago. I wonder if he is now a white racist who hates being black and hates black people??? LOL

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/08/08 - 12:17 pm
Republicant, the black

Republicant, the black slaves that were owned by other blacks, were owned by free blacks. There were a surprising number of free blacks at that time.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:22 pm
The Democrats can't face the

The Democrats can't face the total breakdown they have in their party. They can't even run their primaries by their own rules, and to think what would happen if both the executive and legislative branches are in their hands. Let's see, since the Dems have been in control of 1/3 of the federal government - the Congress - we still have soldiers killed in Iraq, gasoline is over $3 per gallon with many Dems wanting to add a 50 cents a gallon tax on it to push it on up to neat $4. We are in a recession. They can't pass and send to the President a balanced budget, so we go deeper into a deficit. They can't stop illegal immigrants from coming into this country. They can't protect American workers and get us out of Clinton's NAFTA free trade agreements. Ahhh but they can hold hearings on baseball players!!! Well done, Dems. Of course, the Republicans haven't done much better when they controlled 2/3 of the federal government. Where's old time leadership when we need it in this country? I will say one good thing for the Republicans - they are going to give me and my wife $1200 in May that they stole from us through the IRS. Perhaps we could call this guilt money? That's about it for the good both parties are doing.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 12:24 pm
hey greenie.....they are

hey greenie.....they are getting better at bowling though!

KSL
KSL 04/08/08 - 12:26 pm
That's right baroness, there

That's right baroness, there were thousands of free blacks. There were also white slave owners who came to South Carolina from the West Indies who brought their slaves with them.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:26 pm
LOL Carl - maybe the feds can

LOL Carl - maybe the feds can build bowling allies in Iraq and other troubled spots in the world and we can all just get along and settle our differences with gutter balls and strikes!!!

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:27 pm
kathysue - The Cherokee

kathysue - The Cherokee Indians got into the African slave business too. Chief John Ross in NW GA owned plenty of them. I think they were trying to be like the whites. Some role model our ancestors were for the Cherokees!

KSL
KSL 04/08/08 - 12:28 pm
The way I see, greenjacket,

The way I see, greenjacket, I'll be just turning around and giving my 1200 back. Looks like they could save the postage.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/08/08 - 12:29 pm
he-motion, I have been voting

he-motion, I have been voting Republican most of the time for the last 10 years. I have discovered a lot of my black friends are also voting Republican. Alan Keyes is Republican. Herman Cain is Republican. They are both black. Everything is not as clear as black and white. I have had five family members fighting in Iraq, two male nephews, one brother-in-law, one female niece, and one female cousin. None of them had cushy jobs, either, the first female actually drove a fuel truck while she was there. I'm sure there are a lot more Republicans out there who have family in this war. greenjacket, Michael Jackson has vitiligo, and the attempts to treat it and even out his skin tone leave him no choice but to lighten the rest of his skin. It is an immune disorder that any race can have, it just shows up more on darker skinned races. My son has it, light patches of skin with no melanin, so he has to be very careful not to get sun exposure. Sometimes the patches spread. As a performer, Michael's appearance is very important to him, so he has tried to protect his skin with hat, gloves, scarves, umbrellas, whatever he had at his disposal. He dislikes the disease, not his race.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:29 pm
Me too, kathysue. We owe

Me too, kathysue. We owe $1800 and now thanks to their guilt money, we only have to come out of pocket $600. Of course we have to pay the $1800 first. But oh well, a dollar is a dollar and I'll take it any way I can!

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:31 pm
Thanks for the clarification

Thanks for the clarification baroness. I had read somewhere or so I thought that it was an intentional lightening of the skin. Sorry to offend you Michael if you are reading our drivel.

Bizarro
Bizarro 04/08/08 - 12:33 pm
Let's look at it reasonably.

Let's look at it reasonably. The blacks hate whitey (look at the black comments) so of course Obama hates whitey. Wright hates hatey and is Obama's mentor. If it quacks like a duck....In reality he is the anti-Christ. He will convert to Islam. He will bring peace to the Middle East. He will...just kiddin. Ha,ha.
Who knows he may not be as big an idiot as George, and since this idiot is gaining so much support I hope he proves to be a good president. Maybe he can select Wright or Farrakhan as his Vice-President. I think he would win by a landslide. I wonder if he will have an all black cabinet?

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:33 pm
Have ya'll noticed that the

Have ya'll noticed that the AC runs something almost every day about Obama? I guess they want to keep us fired up, fusing, and fighting!

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:34 pm
Yea, Bizarro, he's already

Yea, Bizarro, he's already promised a spot to Al Gore - so it will be all black LOL

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/08/08 - 12:34 pm
Obama can't exactly choose

Obama can't exactly choose his black identity. It's sort of by default, because if you any have black ancestry at all, you're black by law, even if you can "pass" for white. Same with American-Indians. He can choose to go to traditionally black churches, learn more and teach his children about his black roots or white roots and choose to emphasize either his black or white background as he wishes, but he can't choose a legal white identity, unless the laws have been changed. Should they be?

KSL
KSL 04/08/08 - 12:36 pm
I have also have vitiligo,

I have also have vitiligo, though not bad and I don't treat it. I did have a client when I was working for DFACS was black and had a very bad case. She received disability because of it. She was too embarrassed to leave the house.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:36 pm
By law, baroness, I thought

By law, baroness, I thought that was under the old slave codes of the South defining who and who was not African. Do we still have those on the books? News to me if it is. Perhaps you are right, but I think you are wrong on that one. I think it's choice on which race to identify with. If I remember, Tiger Woods said something to the effect, "I'm none of the above" although many identify him as a black golfer. I've been tempted the next time I fill out something for me to check on race to bypass Caucasian and check "none of the above" too! Maybe we all should do that. That would thrown them into chaos!!!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/08/08 - 12:37 pm
That's why I was asking

That's why I was asking greenjacket. Sometimes old laws are left on the books way past their relevance. If it is still on the books, I think it should be stricken.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:40 pm
I think it has been stricken,

I think it has been stricken, Baroness. But then again, there may be certain advantages to checking African American on government stuff. Who knows? I think I'll try it some time and see what happens!

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 12:43 pm
baroness..."you are by law

baroness..."you are by law black?" Which law are you talking about? Any such law is unconstitutional.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 12:45 pm
I think I will encourage my

I think I will encourage my children to check "African American" on any college forms etc.... They can get extra points toward admission. And I have never heard of anyone else having to prove their ancestry. I'm sure the ACLU will back me.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 12:45 pm
John Carl - does that mean

John Carl - does that mean that I as a white person am unconstitutional too??? LOL I guess we are all unconstitutional by law and judge each others content of character instead of by race.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/08/08 - 12:45 pm
But anyone is free to choose

But anyone is free to choose their cultural identity, no matter what their genetic ancestry, although there may be some resistance on the part of any bigots in the group they choose.

Bizarro
Bizarro 04/08/08 - 12:46 pm
I'm an albino so I don't know

I'm an albino so I don't know what race I am. Hee,hee. I agree Baroness it should just be simple: human, inhuman. Race is a socioeconomic "construct" so we can "destruct" it-biologically it is just a cline of variation. I think we have lost the human race-just too slow on the start.

ARC to honor 1956 championship team

Because the championship year of 1956 has never lost its glory in Richmond Academy football lore, the team will be honored Thursday at the third annual ARC Hall of Fame banquet, where 10 alumni ...