Obama has to have been influenced

I have waited and watched. I have paced and grumbled. But it is time to come clean: Barack Obama is a radical maniac. His recent defense for the "reverend" Jeremiah Wright as a pastor and spiritual leader should open the eyes of every Democrat in the United States, then make them cry tears of reality.

His defense of Wright was, as I would expect, that Wright's comments were shameful, but he did not disown or denounce the reverend in any way. Obama recently commented to ABC News: "This is somebody who I knew for 20 years. He was my pastor, he wasn't my political adviser. He wasn't somebody who was, you know, shaping my thoughts about most issues."

As a practicing Christian, just as Obama is, I let God and the denomination that I choose shape my beliefs and values, be they personal or political. Obama's political actions should mimic his core Christian beliefs. A pastor does not simply believe on certain Sundays that America was to blame for the Sept. 11 attacks. He does not "damn" America only when he is riled up. These are beliefs that the pastor has, and as a result, his congregation should share.

The Obamas attended this church for more than 20 years, and he expects us to believe that he had never before heard these radically insane and crazy comments?

As a voting Republican, I have advice for liberals: Get your act together. They fought a hard battle in 2006 to gain control of Congress, but once again, they are about to destroy what should be a close election. It scares me to think that if this election is lost by the Republicans, that we would have to live under a lunatic such as Barack Obama. Hillary Clinton for president 2008!

Eric Hauff, Martinez

Comments (235)

double_standard
double_standard 04/08/08 - 11:06 am

Exactly John just like you

Exactly John just like you cant hold Obama accountable for Wright's comment. I apologize PT I dont know you but I made a point.

KSL
KSL 04/08/08 - 11:08 am

I received an email with

I received an email with several quotes from Michelle Obama's Senior Thesis at Princeton. This thesis, by the way was not going to be made public until after the election in November, but that just recently changed. The phrases, taken out of context, would seem to be quite telling and would explain why she would be accepting of Wright's "preaching." The point is, both of the Obamas have had problems with feelings toward white people. Have they been able to get beyond that?

double_standard
double_standard 04/08/08 - 11:10 am

Kathy you lost me.

Kathy you lost me.

owensjef
owensjef 04/08/08 - 11:11 am

No The original People who

No The original People who followed that pratice. (were dark Africans) stay with me Pat.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 11:15 am

double standard...I sure hope

double standard...I sure hope that YOU got the parody.

double_standard
double_standard 04/08/08 - 11:16 am

Kathy were any of the other

Kathy were any of the other canidate's spouses thesis included or just hers.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 11:18 am

double standard...would it

double standard...would it make Mr. and Mrs. Obama any less racist if we included someone elses thisis, or would it just make you feel better. A great diversionary tactic, but we are wise to it.

KSL
KSL 04/08/08 - 11:22 am

Hillary's Commencement

Hillary's Commencement address was under lock and key for the same reason when Bill was running. I read it and surmised that the reason it was locked up was because it would quickly dispel the idea that she was the "smartest woman in the world." Go to politico.com for an article about Michelle Obama's speech. And if you have insomnia, read Michelle's whole thesis. http://outsidethewire.mensnewsdaily.com/2008/02/22/michelle-obama-senior...

owensjef
owensjef 04/08/08 - 11:23 am

Yea Obama hates his white

Yea Obama hates his white mother, please stop.

double_standard
double_standard 04/08/08 - 11:24 am

No tactics john just

No tactics john just wondering. John I feel great. Thanks for asking.

double_standard
double_standard 04/08/08 - 11:25 am

Thanks Kathy

Thanks Kathy

KSL
KSL 04/08/08 - 11:25 am

This was at Princeton,

This was at Princeton, double. Did any other candidates' spouses go to Princeton?

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/08/08 - 11:27 am

I guess facts get in the way

I guess facts get in the way of understanding anything other than your lib rhetoric. rabid republicans? libs aren't able to deal with facts about BO. their mantra is: hope/change, change/hope - ad nauseum. when dealing with facts, their response is to call names and insult. conversations include more than one person and many times they disagree. if your family and friends disagree with you, do you then call them names?

KSL
KSL 04/08/08 - 11:28 am

As a young man, he was very

As a young man, he was very angry with white people, owensjef. He wrote about it in his first book. You'd have to ask him how he feels about his mother. I wouldn't know.

jiclemens
jiclemens 04/08/08 - 11:32 am

For those of you who remember

For those of you who remember Olongapo in the 60s and 70s this thread is clear evidence of the parallel universe set up by the Masters. The Chronicle should be ashamed for repeating this trailertrash rant week after week. If any of you feel used or abused by out of towners this week, this editorial is evidence of how easy it is to sucker, con and manipulate you by one of your own.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/08/08 - 11:35 am

Mr. Hauff, writes a LTE

Mr. Hauff, writes a LTE stating he is a practicing Christain, while at the same time calling Obama a radical, a lunatic and maniac,UNBELIEVABLE. Man, I'm sure he never heard racist talk before, in Martinez. Pat, had to bring the racist talk up again. Later, she will attack me for making everything racial. Christain, all blacks don't want to kill all white people. We don't want to throw them off a cliff. That's the same kind of fear, Obama mentioned his grandmother had. Hi Kathy, if Obama hated whites, that means he hates part of himself. Certainly, we don't hear this kind rhetoric on Sunday, but at times, I don't agree with everything my pastor says and he is also my cousin.Obama 08!!!!!

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 11:36 am

Glad you are feeling well

Glad you are feeling well doub! Owensjef...why is you you want people to stop, or give it a rest....or the old reliable "oh boy" when people point out black people being racist, but when a white person is racist you want to make sure no one ever forgets it. We must complain about white racism until the end of time, even if they change, we shall hold them accountable for the crimes of their ancestors! But a black guy being racist.....just let it go people.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 11:39 am

RCR...hating part of himself

RCR...hating part of himself is a big part of Obama's personality.

he-motions
he-motions 04/08/08 - 11:40 am

I really beleive that this

I really beleive that this election is going to to be racist and biased regardless of who is running, for the first time and african american is really making a strong push to possibly becoming out nations first black president. And on the flip side for the first time a woman is making a strong push to become president of the United States. The issues that arises is whether america is ready for either. both candidates are qualified, and both candidates have there different platforms. but, is America ready for either or will they continue to put there trust in RICH, WHITE, Republican Men whose agenda is to let the rich get richer, and the rest to suffer. They will continue to support and finance a war that is senseless at the expense of our family members, not theirs. They will Continue to cause people to loose their homes, and jobs, but it won't matter to them because it won't affect them or their children or grandchildren. Because everybody knows in this countrynothing is equal. it's as clear as black and white.

he-motions
he-motions 04/08/08 - 11:41 am

I really beleive that this

KSL
KSL 04/08/08 - 11:42 am

I do find that problematic

I do find that problematic RCR, but I didn't make up the fact that he was a one point angry at whites. John why don't black people hold their own race responsible for selling them into slavery in the first place?

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 11:44 am

Let the rich get richer huh?

Let the rich get richer huh? When Clinton was president my taxes went up. When Bush was president my taxes went down. And all the while making

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/08/08 - 11:46 am

and BO is a RICH, WHITE,

and BO is a RICH, WHITE, Democrat man who lives in a large home and had an excellent education but would rather claim his black heritage. more people are paying their mortgages than those that aren't.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 11:46 am

KSL...they never have and

KSL...they never have and never will blame anyone but whites for slavery. Not that the whites that were alive then were primarily responsible, but they do, in fact, share the responsibility with those who sold them. Notice I said "alive then?" That means there is not one sole alive today that bears any responsibility for slavery in America.......and no one alive is a victim either.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 11:47 am

I guess we could put our

I guess we could put our trust in that poor, black Al Gore?

teabag1963
teabag1963 04/08/08 - 11:56 am

dolts, Jesus couldn't have

dolts, Jesus couldn't have been black nor really any color.what color was mary, does anyone know?the bible never reveals the parents of the women, so what were her parents? i believe that God only used her womb so the the likeness is of himself as he is the father,son,and holy ghost.she actually had no bearing on the child.so it is of no race at all?

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/08/08 - 11:57 am

Hey John, how do you know how

Hey John, how do you know how he really feels? I guess you can look directly into his heart.Why are all these bigtime white Senators backing this racist? You'd think they would know better. Kathy, I'm not saying he didn't have anger in his youth. I'm glad, I'm not held responsible for some of my youthful views. It's time to move on from the slavery issue, considering attitudes toward blacks back then, I question it's reliabilty. Let's tackle more pressing issues like the economy, jobs, race relations and education.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 11:58 am

Rozzie, in regard to your

Rozzie, in regard to your 9:47 post, I don't think that Bush is running for President. It's Obama we're talking about.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 11:58 am

interesting, charley.

interesting, charley.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 12:01 pm

RCR...when did I ever claim

RCR...when did I ever claim that I know how someone really feels? What would you call someone who went to a KKK meeting once a week for 20 years? Would you brand him a racist? Probably. - And The scores of bigtime white Senators are backing a racist because they think he can win......plain and simple.

Augusta man gets life without parole in killing

Jonathan Lee Felton, 23, was convicted in Richmond County Superior Court of murder and weapon charges for the Oct. 25, 2010, shooting death of 22-year-old Eric "Easy" Wright.