Obama has to have been influenced

I have waited and watched. I have paced and grumbled. But it is time to come clean: Barack Obama is a radical maniac. His recent defense for the "reverend" Jeremiah Wright as a pastor and spiritual leader should open the eyes of every Democrat in the United States, then make them cry tears of reality.

His defense of Wright was, as I would expect, that Wright's comments were shameful, but he did not disown or denounce the reverend in any way. Obama recently commented to ABC News: "This is somebody who I knew for 20 years. He was my pastor, he wasn't my political adviser. He wasn't somebody who was, you know, shaping my thoughts about most issues."

As a practicing Christian, just as Obama is, I let God and the denomination that I choose shape my beliefs and values, be they personal or political. Obama's political actions should mimic his core Christian beliefs. A pastor does not simply believe on certain Sundays that America was to blame for the Sept. 11 attacks. He does not "damn" America only when he is riled up. These are beliefs that the pastor has, and as a result, his congregation should share.

The Obamas attended this church for more than 20 years, and he expects us to believe that he had never before heard these radically insane and crazy comments?

As a voting Republican, I have advice for liberals: Get your act together. They fought a hard battle in 2006 to gain control of Congress, but once again, they are about to destroy what should be a close election. It scares me to think that if this election is lost by the Republicans, that we would have to live under a lunatic such as Barack Obama. Hillary Clinton for president 2008!

Eric Hauff, Martinez

christian134
christian134 04/08/08 - 07:54 am
No but thanks for giving me

No but thanks for giving me the credit...the Question....Sounds like something I would write though....Wow speaks volumes doesn't it.......Well done and well stated Eric....Now if others will just open their little closed off minds we may actually see some progress in the unmasking of this Obama character....:-) Oh by the way Good Morning boys and girls.....:-)

Republicant
Republicant 04/08/08 - 07:55 am
All media outlets are biased.

All media outlets are biased. The one you think tells it straight is the one you are most aligned with. Just like this board. Most people judge another's intelligence by how much they agree.

UrNotReady4TheTruth
UrNotReady4TheTruth 04/08/08 - 07:56 am
Frankly I think that many of

Frankly I think that many of you on here are still stuck in the 60's but face it; there's a strong possibility the grandson of former slaves who were once referred to by the "N" word could possibly be this great nations boss! God I love this country!

Republicant
Republicant 04/08/08 - 07:59 am
I like Obama with my heart,

I like Obama with my heart, but my head is going to explode soon. I felt that he was the best choice for the democrats, and McCain for the republicans. Now, who knows? I do think that McCain is the most suitable for now. Hillary is about to go off the deep end, if not already. Obama is becoming as polarizing a character as Hillary. I think that regardless of the outcome, I will change my screen name after the election.

owensjef
owensjef 04/08/08 - 08:01 am
MSNBC - Left Fox -Right, CNN

MSNBC - Left Fox -Right, CNN the middle Jack

christian134
christian134 04/08/08 - 08:02 am
Blacks and all other races

Blacks and all other races were one time or another considered property...history tells us this.........As far as I know no one I am aquainted with has ever own another person black or white. To those who can't seem to let it go I have a suggestion....Go outside yell as loudly as you can about how much you hate and despise all whites and then find the nearest psychologist, receive help then get on with living...Sounds like a plan to me...Then maybe the family unit would start to take priority in your lives...Afterall that is what living is supposed to be about...Loving God, doing His will, raising children in warm and loving homes, caring about your neighbors-black, white, pink or purple- Think about it if only for a second or two....It just might stick.....

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 08:03 am
I also find it interesting

I also find it interesting that if you point out a black being racist, you are accused of being stuck in the 60's or of being a racist yourself. Oh how the tide has turned. I think some of these people should read "Animal Farm."

Republicant
Republicant 04/08/08 - 08:04 am
You had me until you said the

You had me until you said the G word.

Republicant
Republicant 04/08/08 - 08:05 am
"Some pigs are more equal

"Some pigs are more equal than others." Just as some should read 1984.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 08:05 am
CNN in the middle....Give me

CNN in the middle....Give me a break! That's why it took them 9 months before they would call the President "President Bush" instead of just "Mr. Bush" when he was elected. Keep trying Owensjef.

toppergem
toppergem 04/08/08 - 08:08 am
And there in is the rub,

And there in is the rub, UrNotReady4TheTruth...how dare a little ole darky think that he can tell this county of white folks what to do. We all know that that just is not going to happen, now is it? But, the possibility of just such a thing happening has many white people quaking in their boots!!!! Now how funny is that?

owensjef
owensjef 04/08/08 - 08:11 am
Well he has never really won

Well he has never really won an election.

mable8
mable8 04/08/08 - 08:36 am
owensjef: slavery is not a

owensjef: slavery is not a new phenomena that suddenly began when the US became a Nation; there is a well known history for this in your own good book, The Holy Bible. So why don't you get off your racist duff and start lliving life as it is meant to be? Most likely because you have no other life but to be a rabble rouser so you can have your few moments of "fame." In the US history, slaves did own slaves, particularly the indentured servent, who happened to be caucasian. I agree with the writer of the letter--Obama is a maniac.

Bizarro
Bizarro 04/08/08 - 08:38 am
I don't think the point is

I don't think the point is race, but trying to find out "something" about the man. He has been a senator for less than three years-two in office then decided to run for president. He gave a good speech at the 04 Dem convention. He is a lawyer. There just isn't much to say about an unknown. Obama worked as a community organizer, university lecturer, and civil rights lawyer before running for public office. If you note he only worked on cases but never took part in a trial. He also part-time taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago. A rather nebulous career. I don't give a crap what party, what race, what religion, but I do want to know what qualifications this man has for president. My Lord folks we elected George Bush pres. last time and we should have been asking this question then too. What makes people have "faith" in him is just a puzzle.

The Kingfish
The Kingfish 04/08/08 - 08:43 am
Whites should not have

Whites should not have enslaved blacks. When the whites were educated to the fact that it was wrong they slowly evolved a little at a time until we are where we are today. Our ancestors made a terrible mistake, but you learn by your mistakes. So a smart person doesn't make that mistake again. This blaming is not going to solve a thing. Education about one another is the Key. We are all in this boat together. We can all paddle or we can just sit and no one go anywhere. That is all I have to say about that. You can put that in your pipe and smoke it.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 08:44 am
Owensjef...you are showing

Owensjef...you are showing your ignorance. He won 2 elections, whether you want to belive it or not.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 04/08/08 - 08:44 am
Haven't we got off on the

Haven't we got off on the wrong foot. Here we are talking about OBAMA, and the racial issues come forth. Stay focused cause you are all starting to sound like Hillary Clinton in her dream about what really happened and got mixed up with a few errors. If OBAMA does win, think of the WORST that could happen. My Christian side says, he will try to block God out of EVERYTHING, there will be more civil unrest between races of white and black, and that our economy would worsen cause democrats love to spend that money faster than we can pay our taxes. This war against terrorism will only become more stronger when encouraged by another muslim.

The Kingfish
The Kingfish 04/08/08 - 08:45 am
I am white, but I can see the

I am white, but I can see the forest in spite of the trees.

Bizarro
Bizarro 04/08/08 - 08:50 am
Well it is obvious that

Well it is obvious that people don't have "blind faith" in Obama, because the color of his skin appears to be an issue with many. There is more evidence for Big Foot than evidence Obama has the qualifications to be president. Just name what legislation he wrote or what great feat he achieved. Jim Jones and Adolf Hitler were great orators so giving a good speech is hardly a qualification.

owensjef
owensjef 04/08/08 - 09:02 am
Lets not call names, I have a

Lets not call names, I have a bad habit of that myself. In the eyes of many, people feel that votes were supressed in both elections. Deb said our economy, babe it can't get any worse. lol
Mable I never start these race discussions, never

freedombelle
freedombelle 04/08/08 - 09:11 am
STOP all the raving folks.

STOP all the raving folks. NONE of the three candidates are really PRESIDENTIAL material. Now choose your poison. I'm glad I am a "free thinker". NO PARTY dictates to me. I will choose the lesser of the evils. I don't care the color, creed or sex..I will probably decide at the last minute who will get MY vote...But VOTE I WILL !!! AND I will live with it just like you. The only difference is.... come January 2009, I will PRAY for my President whomever he/she is.

double_standard
double_standard 04/08/08 - 09:21 am
You people find one sermon

You people find one sermon and want to crucify this man. So I guess Jerry Fawell is Jesus Christ. Yeah I've seen the sermon and he has a right to his opinion. Jesse Ventura raised questions about 9-11 but you give him a past. You people need to watch Fahrenheit 9-11 and you form your conclusion. McCain voted against MLK Day and but I guess we can't discuss that.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 09:22 am
Only one sermon? Keep

Only one sermon? Keep reading....there were tons of them.

christian134
christian134 04/08/08 - 09:27 am
Amen to that JohnCarl....

Amen to that JohnCarl....

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/08/08 - 09:34 am
doub... and your reference

doub... and your reference is fahrenheit 9/11? mccain voted against mlk day, as many did, since we can't even celebrate a day for presidents or veterans. he apologized for his decision.

owensjef
owensjef 04/08/08 - 09:36 am
Hey turn it the news for some

Hey turn it the news for some great T.V. that could have an effect on the election. The General vs the Canidates, Obama Clinton and Macaine will be grilling the General

Bizarro
Bizarro 04/08/08 - 09:38 am
No one is ignoring or making

No one is ignoring or making excuses for wrong actions or statements by anyone-no one gets a pass. I should also state that pointing out the frailties of others is not an argument nor dismisses the good Reverends comments. Wouldn't it be a non sequitur to assume bad faith on McCain for not supporting MLKjr day just as to assume bad faith that Obama attended Wright's church?

double_standard
double_standard 04/08/08 - 09:40 am
Show me more there's only one

Show me more there's only one clip that you people see over and over.He aplogized and he also showed up late to speak in Memphis on friday as well.Obama made a speech so what you are not excusing him from Wright's comments.

Dan White 04/08/08 - 09:41 am
Good morning HYP and PT and

Good morning HYP and PT and all the rest. Hauff and others posting in here are missing the critical point. The point is not just a few excerpts from Wright's sermons and the influence they have had on Obama. The point is that Trinity Church of Christ and their senior and junior pastors (Wright and Moss) espouse the hate-filled, racist, and bigoted Black Liberation Theology that is predecated on the belief that Jesus was black and not a Jew and that blacks must be liberated from the white masters thus making all whites their enemies. If you understand the Black Liberation Theology, then you understand the diatribes in the clips of Wright's venomenous sermons. The clips are not taken out of context. They are the context and it is the Black Liberation Theology that influences Obama. His theologyis the theology of his church or else he would renounce his membership there and move to a moderate church. Obama is dangerous. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.

Bizarro
Bizarro 04/08/08 - 09:47 am
Obama has called Rev Wright

Obama has called Rev Wright his mentor. I have had several mentors in my education and all highly influenced me-that is why it is called MENTOR!!!!!!Obama made the connection and has admitted he agrees with Wright's social beliefs and concerns, although he distanced himself from the rhetoric. To say there is no connection defies logic. Obama practically worships the man.

Nunn gains in Senate race, poll says

ATLANTA -- The closer the election gets, the harder it is to tell who is going to win, according to a poll released today showing the races for governor and the Senate effectively tied.