Obama has to have been influenced

I have waited and watched. I have paced and grumbled. But it is time to come clean: Barack Obama is a radical maniac. His recent defense for the "reverend" Jeremiah Wright as a pastor and spiritual leader should open the eyes of every Democrat in the United States, then make them cry tears of reality.

His defense of Wright was, as I would expect, that Wright's comments were shameful, but he did not disown or denounce the reverend in any way. Obama recently commented to ABC News: "This is somebody who I knew for 20 years. He was my pastor, he wasn't my political adviser. He wasn't somebody who was, you know, shaping my thoughts about most issues."

As a practicing Christian, just as Obama is, I let God and the denomination that I choose shape my beliefs and values, be they personal or political. Obama's political actions should mimic his core Christian beliefs. A pastor does not simply believe on certain Sundays that America was to blame for the Sept. 11 attacks. He does not "damn" America only when he is riled up. These are beliefs that the pastor has, and as a result, his congregation should share.

The Obamas attended this church for more than 20 years, and he expects us to believe that he had never before heard these radically insane and crazy comments?

As a voting Republican, I have advice for liberals: Get your act together. They fought a hard battle in 2006 to gain control of Congress, but once again, they are about to destroy what should be a close election. It scares me to think that if this election is lost by the Republicans, that we would have to live under a lunatic such as Barack Obama. Hillary Clinton for president 2008!

Eric Hauff, Martinez

The_Question
The_Question 04/08/08 - 02:10 am
The question

The question is......Christian 134, did you write this LTE?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 04:41 am
Mr Hauff seems to be

Mr Hauff seems to be confused. B.O. has one qualification that trumps any and all negative aspects that may exist. EVERYTHING else is moot.

WHATDIDIDO
WHATDIDIDO 04/08/08 - 04:47 am
Thanks for the advice Mr.

Thanks for the advice Mr. Hauff. It is always nice to get advice from Republicans like yourself.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/08/08 - 05:39 am
Ah patricia, you are raising

Ah patricia, you are raising the R word without actually saying it. "VEry ClEvEr"

justus4
justus4 04/08/08 - 05:43 am
Guilt by association is

Guilt by association is nothing new, but this is over-the-top foolishness. Example: Early white Americans sat aroung with blinders, while an entire race of humans were bought & sold, murdered & raped, but few took any actions. Did they leave the country? Did they take positive actions to end the torture & suffering? Yes, only after 190 yrs and blood in the streets, but none today will address responsibility, because, they say "we cannot control our ancestors' behavior." The point is, Wright is not a candidate and his views are his own, but closet racists will conjure up any explaination in an attempt to degrade the brother. Won't work. Because white America does not accepted "guilt by association" with their ancestry, Obama cannot be held responsible for Wright's views. Unless of course, the country is an unfair place and minorities are being held to a higher standard. Maybe...

shivas
shivas 04/08/08 - 05:54 am
Listening to Ms. Thomas is

Listening to Ms. Thomas is like spending a night in the museum of white supremacy.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 05:55 am
Guilt by association is in no

Guilt by association is in no way similar to guilt by descent, even to the strangest point of view, which you do have justus4. However, "we're known by the company we keep" and " birds of a feather flock together" are cliches for a reason. The concepts have meaning. Denying that they do won't make them go away.

ThurstonHowell
ThurstonHowell 04/08/08 - 05:56 am
Where you been justus,

Where you been justus, haven't you heard, we lower the standards for minorities here and you still you keep b****ing.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/08/08 - 05:57 am
Justus and Shivas, you are

Justus and Shivas, you are forgetting that early BLACK Americans did the same thing and even owned BLACK slaves!
If you're going to condemn and play the race card, do it with equality!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 05:58 am
CBBP, is that a typically

CBBP, is that a typically white comment?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 05:58 am
Shivas, is that a typically

Shivas, is that a typically black comment?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/08/08 - 06:02 am
I don't think so PT, just

I don't think so PT, just stating facts. If the poster wants to throw rocks then they should have rockproof windows!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 06:05 am
AH-h-h, facts. We try to keep

AH-h-h, facts. We try to keep those to a minimum on this forum. They just stir things up. ("oil on the water" is my nickname)

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 06:06 am
Amazing how some people can't

Amazing how some people can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea that ALL races are capable of racism.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/08/08 - 06:06 am
PT, I beg forgiveness, I

PT, I beg forgiveness, I forgot my place and forgot that unless I can post baseless and unverifiable tirades I shouldn't be here.

shivas
shivas 04/08/08 - 06:07 am
CBBP, there were American

CBBP, there were American soldiers in WWII who deserted to communist countries. Does that reflect the entire US military? Your use of one or two examples of Black individuals using slavery to increase their wealth does not excuse slavery and the subsequent lynching and witholding of civil rights by a white, southern redneck govt. Poor Ms. THomas you are certainly a victim of reverse racism, I am sure.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 06:09 am
If all races are capable of

If all races are capable of racism, then why do so many race to see who can be the most racist? Sounds racy to me.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 06:10 am
Reverse racism is msicar.

Reverse racism is msicar.

Republicant
Republicant 04/08/08 - 06:30 am
Can somebody show me a

Can somebody show me a credible source stating that blacks owned slaves in the united states? Blacks were considered property, and could not own property in those days. Please, not a white supremacy site, go to google and look under scholarly articles.

owensjef
owensjef 04/08/08 - 06:34 am
Pat Stop, you sound like

Pat Stop, you sound like Maude, Edith's cousin. The chronicle seems to be joining Fox news in an all out assault on Sen. Obama.

Republicant
Republicant 04/08/08 - 06:41 am
The term reverse racism is

The term reverse racism is racist in itself. It is presumptive that the opposite race of the writer does not know their place. How dare they be racist toward me! I am the only one who has a right to be racist!
Not pointing fingers, just my opinion.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 06:44 am
Republicant, I don't believe

Republicant, I don't believe there's any site that would convince you beyond anything you already know. The truth would just hurt your feelings.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 06:45 am
msicar

msicar

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/08/08 - 06:46 am
owensjef, FOX just likes to

owensjef, FOX just likes to pick on black people. Do you watch football?

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 06:48 am
Republicant, you are correct

Republicant, you are correct that the term reverse racism is a racist term, but it's a matter of point of view. It may also be said that it implies that it is an unusual occurance for the writer to be the victim of racism, which in todays world is becomming more and more untrue.

Republicant
Republicant 04/08/08 - 06:48 am
So in other words PT, you

So in other words PT, you have no proof either.

owensjef
owensjef 04/08/08 - 06:50 am
Fox is a bias sorry excuse

Fox is a bias sorry excuse for a New station, No one said anything about race Pat , so don't start that mess.

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 06:51 am
Here's one site Republicant,

Here's one site Republicant, but as PT stated, I doubt you will believe it unless it states the point of view that you have already formed. http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/aaohtml/exhibit/aopart2.html

JohnCarllStrauss
JohnCarllStrauss 04/08/08 - 06:52 am
owensjef....name one News

owensjef....name one News Station that is not a bias sorry excuse.

Republicant
Republicant 04/08/08 - 06:52 am
I stand corrected, there are

I stand corrected, there are a plethora of matches in google for this term. I take solace in my own error in the knowledge that PT was wrong as well.

Kettle donations rise in 2014