Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The Pete Meadows Baseball Program is providing a series of special training sessions regarding a new Internet video training technology for players 8-14. For more details on times and dates, visit www.skilltrax.com or contact Meadows at (706) 863-4979.
- The 13U East Coast Stingers travel program will be holding tryouts for players within 100 miles of Augusta. Call John van Haastrecht at (706) 589-8292 for more information.
- The 13-under Cyclones AA travel team is recruiting dedicated players for competitive baseball. Participants cannot turn 14 before May 1. Interested players should call coach Mark Mikos at (803) 502-0599 or (803) 640-2693.
- Chain Baseball will hold its first annual Masters Baseball Camp from April 7-9 for ages 8-12. Cost is $100 per player. Camp runs from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. All campers need to bring their bat, glove and cleats. For more information, call (706) 993-7475.
- The Augusta H.E.A.T. Youth Foundation traveling AAU basketball team is recruiting players for its boys basketball program 10U-15U. For more information or if you have an interest in coaching, call Ozwa Collier at (706) 951-7644 or Jeff Bentley at (706) 589-1539.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches the last Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club, 1929 Walton Way. There is no charge for attendance and the public is welcome. Adult boxers must weigh in the previous Monday, and youth must weigh in on Tuesday to be eligible to spar. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- Former Alabama Crimson Tide and Dallas Cowboys star George Teague will be at the Sacred Heart Cultural Center on March 27 at 6:30 p.m. He will be speaking to Christian school parents, giving his testimony and talking about the importance of Christian education. Tickets can be purchased in any Curtis Baptist School office. For more information, call (706) 828-6624.
- Former Georgia Bulldogs star Danny Verdun Wheeler will hold a football camp April 19 at Sweetwater Park in Thomson from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The camp will feature group sessions, speed training, an NFL mini combine, lectures and an autograph session. Registration is at 9 a.m. and cost is $35. All campers are required to have a completed and signed parental release form before participating. For more information, call (706) 564-4780 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Augusta Association of Football Officials, Inc. is accepting applications from those interested in officiating high school varsity, junior varsity, middle school and recreation league football. Contact Chip Huffman at (706) 564-9878 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Marc Shinault at (706) 288-6088 or marc.j.
- Heath Service Auxiliary will hold the Fisher House Golf Tournament on March 28 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course at Fort Gordon. The tournament will be a four person scramble with select shot. Registration and lunch begins at 11 a.m., with a 12:30 p.m. shotgun start. Cost is $65 per golfer and $260 per team. The cost includes lunch, a t-shirt, prizes, and hole-in-one car. For more information, call (706) 787-7100.
- The Augusta State University Alumni and Friends Lauderdale Championship will be held at Forest Hills Golf Club on April 18 . The tournament will feature women, senior and open divisions. For entry forms, call Michelle Ellington at (706) 667-4710.
- The second Relay for Life Golf Tournament will be held April 28 at The Reserve Club at Woodside Plantation. Lunch will be served on the course, and there will be a 19th hole with heavy hors d'oeuvres. The tournament will feature a 10 a.m. shotgun start. For more information, call Jenny Lind McRae at (803) 617-0862.
- The first annual Integrity Golf Classic will be held April 28 . There will be a 1 p.m. shotgun start, and the event will feature a four man scramble. For more information call (706) 210-7676 or (800) 763-4222, ext. 9, or e-mail email@example.com.