Adviser reveals who Obama really is

The definition of mentor is a trusted counsel or guide, a tutor or coach. This is the relationship between Sen. Barack Hussein Obama and his former pastor as described by Sen. Obama himself.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, former pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, of which Sen. Obama and his wife have been members for 20 years, is bigoted and racist. The Rev. Wright claims true friendship with Louis Farrakhan, and calls him the "wisest man I ever met." The Rev. Wright was an adviser (since resigned) to Sen. Obama in his quest to become president. He has asked God to "damn" America, among other things, and lauded the attack on Sept. 11, 2001, as America getting our just punishment! According to him, we had it coming!

This all spoken from the pulpit! Many of us by now have been exposed to the bigoted sermons of the Rev. Wright, and the questions now for Sen. Obamareis: Why did he listen to these diatribes for 20 years without exercising his free will to simply get up and leave? Why did he not renounce his membership? Is this an example of the senator's good judgment in exposing his young daughters to the vitriolic hatred of this man? When hate is taught to our future generations, they will have hate, especially if it comes from the pulpit!

We are known by the company we keep, and we now know for certain who Sen. Barack Hussein Obama is! The ranting of the Rev. Wright reflects not the love of Christ, but venomous hatred.

Would we as a society not be better served to shun this type of person wherever found, and listen instead to "the better angels of our nature"?

Robert Smock, Hephzibah

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 03/20/08 - 04:27 am
You have to understand, Yes,

You have to understand, Yes, we have a lot of issues about what is black and what is white, but if we vote for OBAMA, we are truly only hurting ourselves cause we want to make "HISTORY". This is not a time to make "history" to get a black man or white woman in office. We need to focus on issues that can be settled and I really honestly don't believe OBAMA is capable of handling those issues when he has some of his own that even he cannot control. Is this really the guy you want in office??? I DON'T!!!! I am neither democrat or republican as I am independent. I do however think that this candidacy race should be between Cain and Clinton.

christian134
christian134 03/20/08 - 05:03 am
Another profound message that

Another profound message that has revealed the character of Obama. Be wary of anyone who keeps company with folks who profess to be ordained of God to preach His Word but preaches another version laced with slurs and hatred for another race other than his own.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 03/20/08 - 06:50 am
Televangelist Rod Parsley, a

Televangelist Rod Parsley, a key McCain ally in Ohio, has called for eradicating the "false religion" of Islam. Will the GOP presidential candidate renounce him?" Christian Zionist John Hagee has also endorsed John McCain.

_synergy
_synergy 03/20/08 - 07:05 am
And how long did McCain

And how long did McCain attend any of their churches?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/20/08 - 08:04 am
Anything to come across as

Anything to come across as anti-American is good enough for you, isn't it Cain? Your whole shtick is anti-America. Why stay here? Is it the whining you crave? I guess if you just refuse to be happy, this is as good a place to be unhappy as any. Thanks for sharing. Endlessly.

eedsp
eedsp 03/20/08 - 08:09 am
Robert I am not surprised how

Robert I am not surprised how you are distoring Obama. I am sure you would not vote for him under any circumstances. How can you say Rev Wright is a bigot when you don't know him and you only heard a few snippets. Have you attended his church here in Chicago? Did you know that there are white members in his church? Rev Wright is an ex-marine who was willing to put his life on the line for this country despite how oppressed he was in this country. Would you serve a country that oppressed you? I suspect you can't answer that because you have never been oppressed. Obama grew up in this country as an interracial child raised by his white grandparents and had no contact with his father and his father's family. Because he was an interracial child in Kansas, I am sure he was not treated well by so call "White Christians". He was young when he met Rev Wright and Rev Wright led him to Christ. Rev Wright became a "father figure" to Obama. My minister has said things to me that I don't agree with concerning race but I did not turn my back away from him. He still is my mentor. We all have our prejudices and have prejudices loves one who we do not turn our back on.

_synergy
_synergy 03/20/08 - 08:15 am
Obama has never been opressed

Obama has never been opressed either, eedsp!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/20/08 - 08:21 am
B.O. was raised by his white

B.O. was raised by his white family because his black father abandoned him. He was sent to school by his white family and educated and dressed and fed and clothed by his white family. No wonder he's ashamed of his heritage. Being black is better for his political career. B.O. decision making isn't very impressive IMHO. Any votes he gets will be because of skin color.

christian134
christian134 03/20/08 - 08:23 am
eedsp you have just confirmed

eedsp you have just confirmed that which you have so eagerly accused the writer. How do you know that Obama was mistreated by all "so called White Christians"? This is all to clear in all mass assumptions....One group has the right to speak out while the other is to stand by passively to the detriment of others.

eedsp
eedsp 03/20/08 - 08:55 am
patriciathomas I can see that

patriciathomas I can see that you are a joke. How do you know Obama is ashamed of his black heritage? If being black gets one vote, we would have had a black president a long time ago. So go crawl back under the rock u came from and study history. Being black in this country is not an advantage.

Despite my differences with many of you on this topic. I love my country and as ex-military I was/am willing to die to protect my rights/your rights to say what you want.

deekster
deekster 03/20/08 - 08:56 am
Obama chose influential

Obama chose influential leaders in the "black community" to give "credibility" to his campaign to become a "representative of black people". He needed these "black leaders" to help him "fit in" with the ghetto mentality. He was "not of the people", poor, impoverished and oppressed, but he became one of them by his association. Smart political move. Investigate how he came to "prominence" in the Chicago Ghetto. He is the same "old politics" of manipulating people for ego, power and gain. He will and has used "black people" for his own personal purposes, as do Rev. Jackson and Shapton. SAME OLD SAME OLD.

deekster
deekster 03/20/08 - 09:01 am
Obama, while constantly

Obama, while constantly denouncing race, is banking on "white shame and guilt" to override good judgement. He is asking us to elect him because of his "skin color" or be labeled racist. Had America looked, beyond that "horse tooth smile and laugh", at Jimmy Carter's associates in Atlanta, I dare say he would not have been elected.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 03/20/08 - 09:23 am
To all of those who are not

To all of those who are not bigoted or racist in some way, shape of form, go ahead and "cast the first stone".

_synergy
_synergy 03/20/08 - 09:29 am
Ok....I'll cast. I am

Ok....I'll cast. I am neither racist, nor bigoted. I challenge anyone to find anything I have said to the contrary. coalminerpa.....that is a nice try to keep the scrutiny off of Obama, but it's not going to work.

dani
dani 03/20/08 - 09:38 am
Okay. Boy, wouldn't it be

Okay. Boy, wouldn't it be nice to go back in time and do things over. The slave traders could have been stopped and life would have gone on and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

_synergy
_synergy 03/20/08 - 09:40 am
Still waiting Cain....And how

Still waiting Cain....And how long did McCain attend any of their churches? You can feel free to ignore the question since it makes your statement look irrational. That's how you usually handle it.

aftbrn
aftbrn 03/20/08 - 09:52 am
I don't usually agree with PT

I don't usually agree with PT but this time I think she is right. We may someday have a black president but I don't think it should be Obama. His associations are far too questionable and those are only the ones that have been made public. I get the sense he has a hidden agenda. I have yet to hear a suitable course of action from him if he is elected an that frightens me to think that there are people in this country that would elect him just to make history so we can have our first black president.

bullet45cal
bullet45cal 03/20/08 - 10:00 am
gimme the stone pa!

gimme the stone pa!

getalife
getalife 03/20/08 - 10:03 am
While I think when we are

While I think when we are judging a person to select for our President, we are not judging them for their sins or entry in to Heaven and this judging is not Biblical. We all need to be aware of a candidates ability to make sensible and logical decisions and to know who they have associated with. How could Obama sit in a church for 20 years with his pastor spewing out hate and consider the pastor his mentor and advisor?? I don't consider this political race to be about race or color as many people consider Obama more white than black. This race should be about character, ability, experience and integrity.

gijoe7898
gijoe7898 03/20/08 - 10:04 am
The Dem party is self

The Dem party is self proclaimed as being for minorities, but only to the point to keep themselves in power. This was suppose to be Hillary's cake walk. Shudder, Hillary shut out by a black? Shouldn't she just step aside and applaud the potential of a black president? why heck no. send out her operatives to stir up the race card pile (Bill, Ed Rendell, Ferraro) Funny to see them realize blacks are no longer under their thumb. BTW, shouldn't they have championed Michael Steele's bid for MD Gov. or Lynn Swann to be PA Senator? Oops, wrong party and those 2 spoke of blacks empowering themselves. oh well.

bullet45cal
bullet45cal 03/20/08 - 10:06 am
you are right, getalife. Of

you are right, getalife. Of the things you mentioned, Obama has none. Headline today, Clinton pulls ahead of Obama. The sand is shifting under his feet!

dani
dani 03/20/08 - 10:09 am
With Hillary it is called

With Hillary it is called 'your words will come back to bite you". She and Bill used some good people for their own selfish ambitions and it is those same people who have turned on them now. S ee what can happen when you play dirty? God don't like ugly!

Dan White 03/20/08 - 10:14 am
You're right, Cain, McCain

You're right, Cain, McCain needs to distance himself from Parsley and Hagee. These TV preachers including Rev. Wright need to stay out of politics and preach forgiveness instead of hate, reconciliation instead of damning this country, Catholics and Muslims. Billy Graham was embarrassed with his chuminess to Nixon and learned to distance himself from politicians after that near fiasco. And the opposite is true. Politicians need to distance themselves from preachers who stray from the true message of the Savior. I don't read anywhere in the New Testament where Jesus tried to start a political or social revolution. I don't understand the basis in Scripture for this black liberation theology that is being preached in many African-American churches. Jesus liberates all people from the chains of sin and gives them freedom to live in a love relationship with the Father. His kingdom is not of this world.

dashiel
dashiel 03/20/08 - 10:28 am
Maybe Obama just likes good

Maybe Obama just likes good music.

S.C. Dawg
S.C. Dawg 03/20/08 - 10:32 am
The passive nature Obama has

The passive nature Obama has displayed in dealng with Wrights comments would be a suicidal approach if used to deal with Islaamic terrorism. His "meetings with rogue leaders around the world" will serve only one purpose. And making our country a safer place to live is not it. I firmly believe his hatred for this country is so great he will sell us out. Sorry, no Muslim sympathizers for President. No race haters for president. I dont care what color they are.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 03/20/08 - 10:42 am
eedsp, that is not what

eedsp, that is not what patriciathomas said. Read it again. She did NOT say he was ashamed of his black heritage. She said the opposite.

Dan White 03/20/08 - 11:46 am
Good point, Dawg. Obama has

Good point, Dawg. Obama has used poor judgment in staying on as a member of his racist church. His judgment then is questionable about the difficult crises that the Commander in Chief of this country faces. If he is faulty in his judgment of his pastor, God help us if we elect him to use his judgment in being the leader of this country and the free world.

johnsmith
johnsmith 03/20/08 - 11:47 am
Can I just say that I think

Can I just say that I think that Obama has spent too much time in Black Church? He needs some insight, and I think that this site would help him a great deal: http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

S.C. Dawg
S.C. Dawg 03/20/08 - 11:48 am
Obamas current tactic of

Obamas current tactic of playing the victim to deflect the topic of his lifelong association with Wrights bigotry and racial hatred is sickening, but works on his feeble minded followers like Cain and eedsp. He is so fake, I cant believe these people who profess to be knowledgeable cant see through him.

_synergy
_synergy 03/20/08 - 11:50 am
Perhaps they only PROFESS to

Perhaps they only PROFESS to be knowledgeable.