- Thursday: Employer Expo, job fair at Augusta State University featuring more than 65 employers recruiting candidates for full-time, part-time, volunteer and seasonal needs; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Christenberry Field House athletic complex, 3109 Wrightsboro Road; job seekers should dress neatly and have multiple copies of rÃsumÃs; learn more at www.aug.edu/career_center.
- Friday: Educator Expo; job fair at Augusta State University featuring more than 60 school systems in the region recruiting certified teachers for K-12 positions; those interested in a teaching career who hold a degree in a non-education field can inquire about alternative certification options; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Christenberry Field House athletic complex, 3109 Wrightsboro Road; job seekers should dress neatly and have multiple copies of rÃsumÃs; learn more at www.aug.edu/career_center.
l Feb. 18: Addiction and Mental Health Workshop; five contact hours offered for attending; 10 a.m.; DoubleTree Hotel Augusta, $25; R.S.V.P. to Paula Owens at (706) 421-4075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb. 18 and 25: ServSafe Certification class; two-day course for food handler's certificate; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; 1944 Walton Way, Augusta; $150 per person; class size limited; call Julie Squier at (706) 833-7677 for reservation.
- Feb. 19: Columbia County Chamber of Commerce Not Just Coffee meeting; Columbia County Board of Education, 4781 Hereford Farm Road, Evans; Drugs Don't Work program by Chuck Wade; 7:15 a.m.; chamber members free, nonmembers $15, contact Chris Baum at (706) 364-0425 or chris@columbiacounty chamber.com.
- Feb. 20: Business Basics Workshop; Aiken Small Business Development Center workshop on opening and running a business; 8:30-11:30 am, University of South Carolina Aiken, Penland Administration Building, Room 106; $25; e-mail email@example.com or call (803) 641-3646.
- Feb. 20: Public hearing on programs and services for elderly; CSRA Regional Development Center's Area Agency on Aging will hear comments and accept written remarks on services for older adults and caregivers; 10 a.m.-noon, Burke County Multipurpose Senior Center; 717 W. Sixth St., Waynesboro, Ga.; contact Jeanette Cummings at (706) 210-2013 or toll free at (800) 992-4464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb. 23: River's Edge Sertoma Club Spring Charity; fashion show, luncheon and silent auction; North Augusta Community Center; $18, silent auction starts at 10 a.m., fashion show at 11:30 a.m. and luncheon at 12:15 p.m.; call (803) 279-2323.
- Feb. 25: Senior Prepared-ness Series; Augusta State University's Continuing Education Department courses on retirement planning, long-term care and estate planning; call (706) 733-3190 for schedule.
- Feb. 26: Keeping Small Business Out of Court: 10 Ways Small-Business Owners Can Avoid Lawsuits; workshop by the National Federation of Independent Businesses and the South Carolina and Greater North Augusta chambers of commerce; 6-8 p.m.; University of South Carolina Aiken, Room 122; $25, includes dinner; R.S.V.P. to (803) 279-2323.
- Feb. 27: Qualify Hard and Close Easy; executive briefing for business owners, CEOs and serious sales professionals by Sandler Training; 11 a.m., 699 Broad St., Augusta; $49; Seating Limited, contact (706) 432-0040 or www.ssp.sandler.com.
- Feb. 27: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce A.M. Connection; breakfast meeting with South Carolina Treasurer Converse Chellis; 7:15 a.m.; North Augusta Community Center; $10 members, $12 nonmembers; R.S.V.P. to (803) 279-2323 or membership@ northaugusta.net.
- Feb. 28: CSRA Section of the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International monthly dinner meeting, keynote speaker North Augusta Mayor Lark Jones; North Augusta Community Center, 101 Brookside Drive, 5:45-8 p.m.; $15 per person; R.S.V.P. by Feb. 25 to David Larsen (803) 208-0815 or email@example.com.
- April 19: April Showers; Mommy & Me Expo; 11 a.m., Aiken County Recreation and Parks Department, Aiken-Augusta Highway, Graniteville; free; contact daphne. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken or (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Introduction to e-mail; free computer course, Wednesdays, 1-2 p.m.; Goodwill Industries' South Augusta One Stop Career Center; call (706) 790-8500.
- Job Searching on the Web; free computer course, Wednesdays and Thursdays: Goodwill Industries' South Augusta One Stop Career Center; call (706) 790-8500.
- Keyboarding; free computer course; Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8-9 a.m.; Goodwill Industries' South Augusta One Stop Career Center; call (706) 790-8500.
- Home Buyer Workshops; Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America; Saturdays, free; sign up at www.naca.com or call (706) 855-7464 or (888) 302-NACA.
- How to Find Grant Funding for Your Nonprofit; learn how to research and identify grants using the Georgia Center for Nonprofits' Foundation Online Directory; Tuesdays 10-11 a.m., 630 Ellis St., free, register by calling Delores Hughes at (706) 826-1493 or online at www.gcn.org.
- United Way Helpline; dial 211 to speak with a specialist who can help you with information and referrals to day care providers, free back-to-school supplies, senior citizen programs, rent and utility assistance programs, food pantries, housing, prescription assistance and more; 24 hours a day, seven days a week; out of area residents can call toll free (877) 292-5211; some mobile phone callers may need to call (706) 826-1495.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Personal financial pitfalls for seniors; AARP Georgia seminar demonstrating how consumers can protect their assets from financial fraud and marketplace abuses; call the CSRA Area Agency on Aging at (706) 210-2000 or (888) 922-4464.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall, 2858 Washington Road; contact Angela Brock at angi@ csrabni.com or (706) 288-2800.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Network International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; contact John Raborn at email@example.com or (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International AikeNet Works! chapter; lunch Thursdays; contact Dena Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 867-9190.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, Thursdays at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; call Chuck Ellison at (706) 294-5502.
- Business Network International Referrals & More chapter; Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Just Fresh on Furys Ferry Road; contact Sean Kelly at email@example.com or (706) 556-1933.
- Augusta Business Development Club, referral group of noncompeting business people; 7:15 a.m., Tuesdays, The Partridge Inn, Walton Way; free; contact Stuart Rayburn at (706) 737-0050.
- Business Network International Pro-Active Professionals chapter; meets Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Angela Brock at (706) 868-5916 for details.
- Business Network International First Things First chapter; meets Tuesdays at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; contact John Raborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International BNI2 chapter; lunch Thursday at The Clubhouse; contact Dennis Lam at dennis@ csrabni.com or (706) 726-1446.
- North Augusta Networkers; Business Network International group; Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m., North Augusta Community Center; contact Karen Claeys at email@example.com or (706) 731-8415.
- Business Network International Referrals at Work chapter; meets Wednesdays for lunch at 11:30 a.m. at Baird & Co.; contact John Raborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International Business & Breakfast chapter; Wednesdays at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; contact Dennis Lam at email@example.com or (706) 722-0000, ext. 232.
- President's Club; reinforcement of sales training systems for business owners, sales representatives and managers; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; call (706) 432-0040.
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks at (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis for details at (803) 645-7883.
- President's Club & Foundations Classes; ongoing reinforcement of Sandler Training for business owners, managers and sales representatives; 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays: Sandler Sales Institute, Wachovia Building, 699 Broad St.; (706) 432-0040
- Income opportunities in real estate, mortgages and investment services; Thursdays, 7 p.m., Clarion Suites 3038 Washington Road; free; call to reserve seats, (706) 564-5885.
- Georgia Real Estate Investors Association; education on the topic of real estate investing for newcomers and the experienced; 7 p.m., second Thursday each month; Columbia County Library Performing Arts Center; $5 members; $10 nonmembers; call Debbie at (706) 364-6612.
- Hands-On Computer Training: programs on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and more; morning, afternoon and evening classes; Marketable Skills Training Center, 2321 Peach Orchard Road, Suite E; $120 per six weeks, per class; call Gwen Watts at (706) 729-0941.
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; daytime and evening classes offered Monday through Saturday; Computer Link, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway; call (706) 860-8313.
- Prometric Testing Center: MCSA, MCSE, MCP, and CompTIA exams as well as Microsoft Office Specialist exams; Located at Savannah River College; contact Amy Barnett at (706) 738-5046.
SUBMIT AN ITEM
Fill out our "business event" form online at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove to get your event listed in Your Business's free Day Planner calendar. Items received by noon Monday will be published the next Monday.