- Professional baseball instruction is being offered. For more information, call Stephen Spragg at (706) 799-1271 or (706) 799-4019.
l The Southern Express 11-under travel baseball team is looking for new dedicated players. Pitchers are a plus. If you have any questions, please contact Mell Brantley at (706) 399-6212 or (706) 592-1318, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Chain Baseball is registering for winter programs, group instruction and private lessons. Call Robbie Wachman at (706) 993-7475 for more information.
- Hitting and defensive lessons in all areas of baseball are being offered by professional instructor Fernando Mickens. For more information, call (706) 495-0395.
- Professional pitching instruction and an off-season conditioning program are being offered by former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Robbie Wachman. All instruction will be in Augusta. Please call (850) 445-9266 for more information.
- The Pete Meadows Baseball Program is providing a series of special training sessions regarding a new Internet-Video Training technology for players ages 8-14. For further details on times and dates, please visit www.skilltrax.com or contact coach Pete Meadows at (706) 863-4979.
- The 13-under Cyclones AA travel team is recruiting dedicated players for competitive baseball. Participants cannot turn 14 before May 1, 2008. Interested players should call coach Mark Mikos at (803) 502-0599 or (803) 640-2693.
l Midland Valley Recreation Association will be holding its Dixie Youth baseball registration for tee-ball ages 4-6, pitching machine ages 7-8, minor league ages 9-10, major league ages 11-12, and pony league ages 13-14 on Thursday (6-8 p.m.) and Saturday (10 a.m.-4 p.m.) at Howard Field. Fees are $50 for the first child and $30 for each additional child. Pony league charges an additional $5. All participants must be present and bring their birth certificate to registration. For more information, contact Daryl Dupert at (803) 663-6259 or Shannon Laborde at (803) 232-1322.
- The Greenjackets 12-under travel baseball team is looking for players who won't turn 13 before May 1, 2008. Pitching is a plus. First date for tryouts is Saturday . For more information, call Keith Barden at (706) 210-1039 or (706) 589-1039.
- Atomic City Sports will play host to the third annual USSSA "Battle of Aiken" youth baseball tournament Feb. 23-24 at Citizens Park in Aiken. For entry information, contact Dale Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 292-9993.
- A preseason baseball camp for ages 8-14 will be held at Masters City March 8 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The camp offers the fundamentals of throwing, catching, running and team concepts. The cost is $75 with lunch provided. For more information, visit www.csracrusaders.com or contact Larry Olive at (706) 840-2841.
l The Augusta Power traveling AAU basketball team is looking for players for its 11U-16U boys basketball program. For more information, call Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or Dameon Key at (706) 855-7350. You may also e-mail email@example.com or go to www.augustapower.org/basketballacademy.aspx.
- The Augusta H.E.A.T. Youth Foundation traveling AAU 10U-15U basketball team is recruiting players for its boys basketball program. For more information or if you have an interest in coaching, call Ozwa Collier at (706) 951-7644 or Jeff Bentley at (706) 589-1539.
- The Aiken Golf Course will play host to eGolf Augusta Amateur Tour on Feb. 16 . The tour provides amateurs an opportunity for competitive stroke-play. The eGolf Amateur Tour is open to males and females of all ages with handicaps from 0-25. Golfers are placed in flights based on handicaps, and competition is gross stroke play. Flights include, Championship (0-5), A Flight (6-10), B Flight (11-15), C Flight (16-20), and D Flight (21-25). Golfers can join the tour any time during the year for an $85 membership fee. The fee for the Aiken Golf tournament will be $65, which includes cart and green fees, range balls, and prizes for the top three in each flight. Tee times will start at 10:10 a.m. For more information, call Phil Robinson at (706) 414-1170 or visit www.amateurgolftour.net.
- The Greater Augusta Sports Council is seeking nominees for its annual G.A.M.E.S Awards. Honorees will be recognized at the GASC's Sports Awards Gala. All athletes must be at least high school age. To receive a nomination form, contact Randy DuTeau at (706) 722-8326 ex. 239, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a nomination online at www.augustasportscouncil.org. Nominations must be submitted no later than Friday.
- The Augusta Rowing Club offers a monthly learn to row program for adults. For information, call David Young at (803) 279-6302 or visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Julian Smith Casino ballpark. For information, call Erika Pracht at (803) 634-3186 or e-mail email@example.com. The Web site is www.augustarugby.org.
- Spring soccer registration for a league at Citizens Park in Aiken will be held at the Citizens Park II Complex from Feb. 12-21 on Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. until 8:30 p.m., and on Friday until 4:30 p.m. The fee is $40, and non-city resident fee will apply. For more information, call (803) 642-7761.