- The South Carolina Baseball Coaches Association will hold its annual winter baseball clinic at the Marriott in Columbia on Friday and Saturday . Speakers include Kip Bouknight and Matthew LeCroy (MLB), USC Upstate coaches Matt Fincher and Russell Triplett, Mike Darnell of Cardinal Newman High, and Jamie Corr. The cost is $55. Students and players may come Saturday for $10. More information and registration forms can be found at scbca.net.
- The CSRA Baseball Umpires Camp, featuring Major League Baseball umpires Marvin Hudson and Fieldin Culbreth, will be held Saturday at Westside High School from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The camp is open to any umpire, from beginner to experienced amateur, and includes a Georgia High School Association clinic, Dixie Youth certification and United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA) certification. Cost is $60. For more information, contact Ted Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 564-0051.
- Spring baseball registration for a league at Citizens Park in Aiken will be held at the Citizens Park II Complex from Jan. 22-31 on Mondays through Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. until 8:30 p.m., and on Friday until 4:30 p.m. The fee is $45, and non-city resident fee will be applied. For more information, call (803) 642-7761.
l The North Augusta Boxing Club is seeking volunteer boxing coaches, judges and referees. Those interested can attend a free training seminar and certification clinic from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday at the club's gymnasium, located at 3294 Augusta Road (Highway 421) in Burnettown. There is a $50 annual membership fee to join USA Boxing. For more information, call (803) 593-1775.
- Spring softball registration for a league at Citizens Park in Aiken will be held at the Citizens Park II Complex from Jan. 22-31 on Mondays through Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. until 8:30 p.m., and on Friday until 4:30 p.m. The fee is $45, and non-city resident fee will be applied. For more information, call (803) 642-7761.
- The CSRA Junior Tennis League is holding open registration for the spring 2008 team tennis season through Tuesday. Kids ages 5-18 who are interested in fun and competitive match play are welcome. To obtain instructions for registration, go to www.csratennis.com. You will need a current USTA membership valid through April 15 to register. To obtain a membership, go to www.usta.com or call (800) 990-8782. For more information, contact Michele Scott at (706) 855-7662 or write to email@example.com.
- The Augusta Open "Drug-Free" Powerlifting Championships will be held Jan. 26 at 11 a.m. at the Holiday Inn, located at 2155 Gordon Highway in Augusta. The entry fee is $40 for the first division and $30 for each additional division/event. The entry deadline is Wednesday. For information, call the Python Power League office at (706) 790-3806 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.