- Adding comfortable couches and seating
- Using a splash of color here and there with paint, fabric or flooring
- Getting rid of clutter and opening up the space in your home
- Allowing in more natural light and update window treatments
- Organizing closets and storage
- Creating a special place in the garden as a retreat such as a water feature -- the sound of trickling water can be very therapeutic.
Source: Associated Press
MONOPOLY TOURNAMENT: 8:30 a.m. registration, 9:30 a.m. player check-in, 10 a.m. tournament begins; The Fermata Club, 841 Whiskey Road, Aiken; game will be played using tournament rules; registration required; (803) 215-7630, chuckfoster@bell south.net.
A FESTIVAL SERVICE OF LESSONS AND CAROLS FOR EPIPHANY: 11 a.m.; Reid Memorial Presbyterian; with music by the Chancel Choir, Master's Ringers, children's choirs and chamber orchestra.
ARTRAGEOUS! SUNDAY: 2 p.m., Morris Museum of Art, 1 10th St.; free; (706) 724-7501, themorris.org.