If you want to start a kitchen remodeling project off right, follow these steps:
1. Create a stylebook. While looking through magazines, tear out photos of kitchens that appeal to you and write what you like about the room in the margin. Then slip the page into a clear sheet protector and insert that into a three-ring binder to create a stylebook.
2. Define your goal. This is the time to assess your needs and wants. Make notes about how you plan to use the remodeled space.
3. Create a financial budget. To get a general idea of how much you have to spend on a kitchen remodel, you will need to crunch some numbers.
4. Set a time budget. Is there an event on the calendar that would be affected if your kitchen was under construction? Discuss your time budget when interviewing potential remodelers.
5. Have realistic expectations. Talk to people who have been through the process before.
One of the drawbacks of caulking a shower or sink is having to wait a day or more to use it.
Avon's Henkel Corp. speeds up the process with its new Polyseamseal EST Speed Seal.
The silicone kitchen and bath sealant dries in just two hours. It forms a flexible, watertight seal and resists mold and mildew.
The product comes in white or clear. A 10-ounce cartridge sells for $7.98 at Lowe's stores.
Contact Tharon A. Giddens, features editor, at (706) 823-3347 or email@example.com.