- Tuesday: Retirement has come! What now?: retirement planning and 401(k) distribution seminar by Chuck Smith of Edward Jones; Aubrey Rhodes of Rhodes Law Firm PC will discuss wills, trusts and elder law; 6 p.m., Enterprise Mill Starch Room; free dinner following seminar; R.S.V.P. to Debby Markwalter (803) 279-6065.
- Thursday: Conflict Management; Wilson Enterprises seminar covering techniques to effectively manage conflict; 1-4 p.m., Columbia County Library; $69; R.S.V.P. at raymondl email@example.com or (706) 627-3407.
-April 19: April Showers; Mommy & Me Expo; 11 a.m., Aiken County Recreation & Parks Department, Aiken-Augusta Highway, Graniteville; free; contact daphne.ali@mommy perks.com.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Introduction to e-mail; free computer course, Wednesdays, 1-2 p.m.; Goodwill Industries' South Augusta One Stop Career Center; call (706) 790-8500.
- Job Searching on the Web; free computer course, Wednesdays and Thursdays: Goodwill Industries' South Augusta One Stop Career Center; call (706) 790-8500.
- Keyboarding; free computer course; Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8-9 a.m.; Goodwill Industries' South Augusta One Stop Career Center; call (706) 790-8500.
- Home Buyer Workshops; Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America; Saturdays, free; sign up at www.naca.com or call (706) 855-7464 or (888) 302-NACA.
- How to Find Grant Funding for Your Nonprofit; Learn how to research and identify grants using the Georgia Center for Nonprofits' Foundation Online Directory tool; Tuesdays 10-11 a.m., 630 Ellis St., free, register by calling Delores Hughes at (706) 826-1493 or online at www.gcn.org.
- United Way Helpline; dial 211 to speak with a specialist who can help you with information and referrals to day care providers, free back-to-school supplies, senior citizen programs, rent and utility assistance programs, food pantries, housing, prescription assistance and more; 24-hours a day, seven days a week; out of area residents can call toll free (877) 292-5211; some mobile phone callers may need to call (706) 826-1495.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Personal financial pitfalls for seniors; AARP Georgia seminar demonstrating how consumers can protect their assets from financial fraud and marketplace abuses; call the CSRA Area Agency on Aging at (706) 210-2000 or (888) 922-4464.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall, 2858 Washington Road; contact Angela Brock at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 288-2800.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Network International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; contact John Raborn at email@example.com or (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International AikeNet Works! chapter; lunch on Thursdays; contact Dena Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 867-9190.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, Thursdays at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; call Chuck Ellison at (706) 294-5502.
- Business Network International Referrals & More chapter; Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Just Fresh on Furys Ferry Road; contact Sean Kelly at email@example.com or (706) 556-1933.
- Augusta Business Development Club, referral group of noncompeting business people; 7:15 a.m., Tuesdays, The Partridge Inn, Walton Way; free; contact Stuart Rayburn at (706) 737-0050.
- Business Network International Pro-Active Professionals chapter; meets Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Angela Brock at (706) 868-5916 for details.
- Business Network International First Things First chapter; meets for breakfast Tuesdays at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; contact John Raborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International BNI2 chapter; lunch Thursday at The Clubhouse; contact Dennis Lam at email@example.com or (706) 726-1446.
- North Augusta Networkers; Business Network International group; Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m., North Augusta Community Center; contact Karen Claeys at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 731-8415.
- Business Network International Referrals at Work chapter; meets Wednesdays for lunch at 11:30 a.m. at Baird & Co.; contact John Raborn at email@example.com or (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International Business & Breakfast chapter; Wednesdays at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; contact Dennis Lam at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 722-0000, extension 232.
- President's Club; reinforcement of sales training systems for business owners, sales representatives and managers; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; call (706) 432-0040.
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks at (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis for details at (803) 645-7883.
- President's Club & Foundations Classes; ongoing reinforcement of Sandler Sales System for business owners, managers, and serious sales representatives; 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays: Sandler Sales Institute, Wachovia Building, 699 Broad St.; (706) 432-0040
- Income Opportunities in real estate, mortgages and investment services; Thursdays, 7 p.m., Clarion Suites 3038 Washington Road; free; call to reserve seats, (706) 564-5885.
- Georgia Real Estate Investors Association; education on the topic of real estate investing for newcomers and the experienced; 7 p.m., second Thursday each month; Columbia County Library Performing Arts Center; $5 members; $10 nonmembers; call Debbie at (706) 364-6612.
- Hands-On Computer Training: programs on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and more; morning, afternoon and evening classes; Marketable Skills Training Center, 2321 Peach Orchard Road, Suite E; $120 per six weeks, per class; call Gwen Watts at (706) 729-0941.
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; daytime and evening classes offered Monday-Saturday; Computer Link, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway; call (706) 860-8313.
- Microsoft Office User Specialist tests; MCSE, A+, N+, and I-NET+; Savannah River College; call Shannon Thomas at (706) 738-5046
- In-store training and certification classes for home and office software; PRONET Computer Stores; call (706) 855-9070.
SUBMIT AN ITEM
Fill out our "business event" form online at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove to get your event listed in Your Business's free Day Planner calendar. Items received by noon Monday will be published the next Monday.[CAPTION]