Murder of son adds to hardship

The murder of a 46-year-old Augusta woman's son has deeply affected her family's life.

The trauma of losing her son has caused her to be hospitalized many times and unable to work, she said.

The mother wants to be able to bring joy to her daughter, who also has been having a hard time since losing her brother, she said.

"Help me take her mind off of all this and let her have one day of joy and peace of mind again," she said. "I would love to see a smile back on her face, if only for one day."

The deadline to apply for help is Dec. 7.

Contributions can be mailed to Empty Stocking Fund, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, or delivered to the security station in the lobby of the News Building at 725 Broad St. Donations can be made online at www.augustachronicle.com/emptystocking . The Empty Stocking Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization; donations are tax deductible.

sassygalady30
sassygalady30 12/03/07 - 03:02 am
i always tried to get help

i always tried to get help through this n never can.whats the secret

sassygalady30
sassygalady30 12/03/07 - 03:02 am
i always tried to get help

i always tried to get help through this n never can.whats the secret

weetie63
weetie63 12/03/07 - 06:39 am
Yea, I have also have been

Yea, I have also have been trying to get help but can never find out when to start applying for it. I agree with sassy, I wish I knew the secret on how to get help.

Waymore
Waymore 12/03/07 - 07:57 am
Since it's run by the Augusta

Since it's run by the Augusta Chronicle, have you called them to see how to get stuff?

SoWhat
SoWhat 12/03/07 - 09:22 am
Hmmmm ... You want help with

Hmmmm ... You want help with Christmas? Do you want another program for YOUR computer? How about getting off your collective behinds and help yourself.

SoWhat
SoWhat 12/03/07 - 09:23 am
Hmmmm ... You want help with

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/03/07 - 09:54 am
I'm with you, SoWhat. How

I'm with you, SoWhat. How about we give help to the Soldier who spent 12 months in the Desert, returned for 6, and then back in war for 15 months. He had many of his friends killed before his eyes, and he too has a concussion from the blast. WHen he came home he found out his spouse was cheating on him and all that extra money he was earning was already spent. Now he was left with debt. Now divorced and and paying child support for children he will only get to see a couple times a year. For those of you who think you need help, the recruiter station is taking up to 42 year olds now. Hooah!

belapris55
belapris55 12/03/07 - 10:56 am
if you can be on the internet

if you can be on the internet than you don't need help

TEDSFamily
TEDSFamily 12/03/07 - 01:11 pm
Belapris: Just because

Belapris:

Just because someone has access to the internet does not mean they do not need help. Perhaps they are using a friends computer, or accessing the internet at one of the local libraries. I do not think it is up to us to judge whether or not a person needs help by just reading a small paragraph about their current situation. While there may be people our there that abuse the assistance of the Empty Stocking Fund...we cannot assume that everyone does. We all have things to be thankful for...just maybe some of these applicants need a little more.

Frozenmargarita
Frozenmargarita 12/03/07 - 05:16 pm
All of you who are looking

All of you who are looking for handouts, how about stop surfing looking for articles to respond to and start surfing looking for jobs to apply to. If you are at the library or a friend's house, you need to be using your time a little more wisely.

Frozenmargarita
Frozenmargarita 12/03/07 - 05:17 pm
All of you who are looking

sexy brownsugar
sexy brownsugar 12/03/07 - 07:15 pm
Boy yall people are so funny

Boy yall people are so funny to me when I want a good laugh I just read the comment section.Some are crazy but in this section yeah I got a good laugh

sexy brownsugar
sexy brownsugar 12/03/07 - 07:24 pm
Boy yall people are so funny

Frozenmargarita
Frozenmargarita 12/03/07 - 11:28 pm
Yeah, Yeah Yeah....welcome to

Yeah, Yeah Yeah....welcome to everybody else's world!!!! It's called www.jobsearch.monster.com. Find a better job...work smarter not harder.

SES_1
SES_1 12/04/07 - 05:33 pm
rsjtdwalker1 HOW ABOUT where

rsjtdwalker1 HOW ABOUT where is the man or men these kids came from in my world we both work and look after our own.