- Professional pitching instruction and an off-season conditioning program are being offered by former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Robbie Wachman. All instruction will be in Augusta. Call (850) 445-9266 for more information.
- The Pete Meadows Baseball Program is providing a series of special training sessions regarding a new Internet-Video Training technology for players ages 8-14. For further details on times and dates, please visit www.skilltrax.com or contact Meadows at (706) 863-4979.
- The Richmond County Recreation Department is holding adult basketball registration through Nov. 30. Individual registration fee is $20 and the team fee is $250. Leagues will include men's and women's open, church and co-ed. For more information, contact Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682.
- The Habitat for Humanity of North Augusta will play host to the Lick Fork Park Bike Ride on Dec. 2 at 1 p.m. There will be both 30- and 50-mile rides. Food will be provided by Greater CSRA Chem-Dry. Registration is $20 before Nov. 30 or $25 after that date and on ride day. For more information, including a registration form, log onto www.andyjordans.com or call Andy or Drew at (706) 724-6777.
- Augusta BMX will play host to the NBL Race season through December. A race will be held Dec. 1 . Practice and registration will be held from 6-7 p.m., with the race starting at 7:30. An NBL license is required and can be purchased at the track for $45. Other requirements include long pants, a long-sleeved shirt and a full race helmet. Gloves are recommended. Race fees are $7 for points only and $10 for points and award. For more information, go to www.augustabmx.com or call track director Philip Hart at (706) 592-5404.
l The second annual December Dash 10K will be held Dec. 8 at 9 a.m. at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park. Proceeds will benefit the Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy's environmental research, education and outreach programs. You can register at www.active.com. For more information or to register, call the Academy office at (706) 828-2109.
- There will be a Junior Tennis League Fun Tournament on Dec. 8 at Newman Tennis Center. The tournament is free for all registered 2007 JTL players. The cost is $20 for non-JTL players. The deadline for registration is Dec. 5 . For details, go to www.csratennis.com (click "Juniors/JTL Tournament"). For more information, contact Michele Scott at (706) 855-7662.