In addition to meeting Georgia's licensing requirements, motorcycle riders entering Fort Gordon must also carry a Motorcycle Safety Foundation card that verifies completion of a basic or experienced rider course.
All people who live or work on Fort Gordon must register their vehicles and place the decals on the windshield.
The following equipment is required for motorcycle riders on Fort Gordon:
- Helmets certified to meet Department of Transportation standards
- Impact or shatter-resistant goggles, wraparound glasses or full-face shield properly attached to the helmet
- Sturdy footwear, such as leather boots or over-the-ankle shoes
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket, long trousers and full-fingered gloves designed for use with a motorcycle
- A brightly-colored upper garment during the day and a reflective upper garment at night. Military uniforms do not meet the criteria of a brightly-colored garment, so reflective material is required with the Army combat uniform during the day. A reflective belt worn diagonally across the chest is adequate for the requirement.
Source: Fort Gordon public affairs office
GEORGIA-CAROLINA STATE FAIR: Through Nov. 4, Exchange Club Fairgrounds, 301 Hale St.; $5 admission only; $15 admission and unlimited rides; (706) 722-0202; georgiacarolinastatefair.com
BEWARE WHAT YOU ASK OF A FAIRY: Storyland Theatre production, 3 p.m. today, Imperial Theatre, 745 Broad St.; matinee tickets cost $12 for season or $5 per show; no reservations are required; free tickets available for active-duty military and their families with a military ID; (706) 736-3455 or knology.net/storyland
AGNES OF GOD: 8 p.m., Le Chat Noir, 304 Eighth St.; $20; (706) 722-3322, www.lcnaugusta.com
THE GOD COMMITTEE: 8 p.m. today, 2 p.m. Sunday; $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and $7 for students. Main Stage Theatre, Etherredge Center, University of South Carolina Aiken, 471 University Parkway; www.usca.edu
BOOGIE MAN'S BALL PART 1: 9 p.m., Modjeska, 813 Broad St.; annual Halloween party featuring DJ Kenny Ray; door prizes for costume categories; (706) 303-9700; www.modjeskalounge.com
HALLOWEEN WALK: 7:30 p.m., Reed Creek Wetlands Park and Interpretive Center, 3820 Park Lane, Martinez; free admission with canned-good donation to food bank; (706) 210-4027
LOCASH COWBOYS AND DAMON SMITH: 9:30 p.m., The Country Club, 2834 Washington Road; $7 in advance, $10 at the door; (706) 364-1862
AUGUSTA BALLET, HUBBARD STREET 2: 7 p.m., John S. Davidson Fine Arts School, 615 12th St.; $20, students $10; www.augustaballet.org, (706) 261-0555.