Threats to U.S. sovereignty mount

We are being lied to. In any and every direction you look, there's only deception.

On Aug. 20 and 21, under the mask of a North American leader's summit, President Bush, President Felipe Calderon of Mexico and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper met. The Associated Press reported the summit lacked a significant issue. This two-day meeting was carried out in secrecy, protecting their privacy.

David Wilkins, former South Carolina speaker of the House, and now U.S. ambassador to Canada, said that "while conspiracy theories abound, you can take it to the bank that no one involved in these discussions is interested in, or has ever proposed, a 'North American Union,' a 'North American superhighway' or a North American currency."

Is all this merely coincidence? I don't think so. This is the third meeting between these heads of state. Their timetable called for the completion of the North American Union by 2010. ...

George W. Bush's administration has had more than seven years to close our borders. By its refusal to do so, Bush and compliant members of Congress are beyond impeachment. They have committed treason, and should be arrested and tried.

With our borders left wide open, we are looking at potentially more than 200 million immigrants. In less than 20 years, we will see the demise of our government school system, our welfare and health systems and Social Security. This will be the end of the middle class and America as we have known.

All of this will be accomplished under the radar, out of sight of the American people.

Ignorance is free; we will never be.

Andy Windham, Wagener, S.C.

jade
jade 09/18/07 - 12:52 am
wow, i'm so glad someone

wow, i'm so glad someone finally told me that america's demise is more imminent than i realized! i mean, i knew it had to happen sometime soon with the rapture and all, but 20 years...man, that's worse than i thought. we can't wait to start deporting people; it needs to start happening today because we only have 20 years - no, less than 20 years! and even though i don't really believe in the concept of "treason", if it'll get bush outta office, i'm all for it!

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 09/18/07 - 03:41 am
I think Mr. Windham, has been

I think Mr. Windham, has been sniffing to much glue. There are many issues that the President and the leaders of the two countries bordering the US would need to discuss without it being the end of America.

bccinco
bccinco 09/18/07 - 04:05 am
Just think how nice Mexico

Just think how nice Mexico will be once all of the "immigrants" move here.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/18/07 - 06:06 am
President Bush's family has

President Bush's family has belonged to giant economic organizations for a couple of generations now and I'm confident his domestic policies are influenced by that. I'm not sure the sky is falling though.

pondfisherman01
pondfisherman01 09/18/07 - 07:08 am
I like jade's take on this,

I like jade's take on this, "If it will get Bush outta office", good stuff, but think treason is a bit strong. The key is what P.T. said, and the truth of the economic organization thing. Once a person becomes a member of the business for profit club all decisions are influnced by that. As profit is the end game of any consumer driven enterprise, whether the profit is intellegence, monatary, moral, or political. Any decisions Bush makes while in office can only enhance his later bottom line. Unless we, as a country, can filter out the personal profit motives and find the good for us, as a country, profit.

Bizarro
Bizarro 09/18/07 - 07:56 am
The problem is only an elite

The problem is only an elite can become President so it doesn't matter the party affiliation. We need term limits, need to eliminate lobbyist, and we need to disband political parties-political parties are not a part of the constitution and historically the people were reluctant to create them. We don't need political machines to pursue agendas. We need people with no alliances who want to solve problems. Until we change the system it will always produce the same. I think we have given both parties enough time to demonstrate they are incapable of really dealing with issues. Both the President and Congress have low popular opinion so I think that is a vote of no confidence.

daddyfrog1
daddyfrog1 09/18/07 - 11:26 am
Do away with the pofit motive

Do away with the pofit motive ? And replace it with what, loyality & service to the state ? That didn't work too well in the old USSR.
Disband political parties? If you have 2 or more people who agree on a political idea, a party with an agenda will form. The constitution doesn't allow for political parties; so what ? It doesn't forbid them either. Only an elite can become president? What about Truman ? Carter ? I remember there was some talk back in the early 70's about electing a president for one term of 6years. Might have been a good idea, but it'll never fly. If citizens were more concerned with national affairs than what some rich,anorexic,bimbo wore to a nightclub, things would change. Write your congresmen & senators not the rants & raves.
The internet is full of chatter about a N.American Union. I wrote my congressman about it. I'm waiing on a response. It is interesting that Mexican truck drivers can now drive their loads anywhere in the U.S.. "W" put that through just a few weeks ago.
Makes you wonder what is going on.

Bizarro
Bizarro 09/18/07 - 11:47 am
Daddyfrog, true in the past

Daddyfrog, true in the past Presidents didn't have to be rich but now I don't see it. You don't think the political machines are a part of the problem? We are forced to pick an agenda that meets some of our concerns even though we may fervently disagree with other aspects. When you can only really choose between a Rep or Dem I see that as a problem. Many people often choose the lesser of evils, at least that is what I do-a compromise. I think term limits has problems, granted, but it will help with corruption. I don't like lobbyist circumventing the agenda we voted a congressmen to perform, or citizens need to form their own lobby to bribe them (what a hoot). I have often wondered is there mexican lineage in the Bush family. Socialism and communism are failures we do have a chance of being something better. I doubt Mexico or Canada would allow a NA union, as well as the vast majority of Americans. I have often wondered if the move towards a global economy is an effort to force the dissolution of country barriers

charles yonce
charles yonce 09/18/07 - 02:32 pm
there is a north american

there is a north american union in the works.the only newsperson who has the guts to talk about it is lou dobbs.the borders are supposed to come down in 0010,but bush will be out of office.since he knows that the republicans can't win in 08,his only option is to join with france and the other countries and attack iran.why do you think those 3 carrier groups are sitting out in the gulf for?fighting 3 wars at one time enables him to suspend the constitutuion and declare martial law,in which the fences will certainly come down.

daddyfrog1
daddyfrog1 09/18/07 - 02:42 pm
Well, Bizarro, I can only see

Well, Bizarro, I can only see one solution to this probem.Honest, concerned, informed people like yourself are just going to have to step up to the plate and run for public office. You can run as an independent. When you get elected I sure would appreciate it if you could lower taxes, do something about health care, and fix that mess in the Middle East. I believe
honest people can make a change.

Bizarro
Bizarro 09/18/07 - 02:58 pm
I guess I deserve a little

I guess I deserve a little mockery. Well I wouldn't put me into office, but I do agree that people with little intent for public life may make the best choice. I try to be honest, but I screw up too. I think with all the disagreement here it is clear we are all concerned about the same issues-taxes, health care, education, middle east and beyond. I have read some posts with really good ideas to address these issues. I wonder why our elected officials are not so inclined, but I really wonder what motivates anyone to enter politics. I believe Congress is a lot like prison in one regard. An honest person wrongly convicted can go to prison and come out a criminal. Similarly a honest man can go to Congress and come out a dishonest man. I guess the temptations are too great and that is why I support term limits to flush the system.

mojoinaugusta
mojoinaugusta 09/18/07 - 03:28 pm
You are free to be ignorant.

You are free to be ignorant.

Bizarro
Bizarro 09/18/07 - 03:44 pm
Well I freely admit I am

Well I freely admit I am ignorant, and that is why I have spent a lifetime in academia and reading trying to cure my disease. Thank God I am not stupid. Somethings I will always be ignorant of like being black, or giving birth, being a homosexual or transgendered, but at least I can read about it and empathize. This North Amerian union idea is hilarious and something out of a novel. I know Mexico and Canada are biting at the bit to fuse. Jeezzzzzzzzz.

LaTwon
LaTwon 09/18/07 - 04:05 pm
they call it "the partnership

they call it "the partnership for security and prosperity". google it.
this is a good site:http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/TreasonAbounds.html

LaTwon
LaTwon 09/18/07 - 04:09 pm
the

the agenda:http://www.spp.gov/prosperity_agenda/index.asp?dName=prosperity_agenda

daddyfrog1
daddyfrog1 09/18/07 - 04:15 pm
Bizarro, I think you're

Bizarro, I think you're right. People do get into public office with the best of intentions. Then that money enters the picture. There are folks that are trying though. Speaking of conspiracy
theories, I had a friend who never could decide who was trying to take over the world; the Jews,the Catholic Church, or the Freemasons. Have a good night.

mojoinaugusta
mojoinaugusta 09/18/07 - 04:16 pm
Bizzaro - my comment was for

Bizzaro - my comment was for Mr. Windham

Bizarro
Bizarro 09/18/07 - 04:37 pm
Yeah, I figured that RSR, but

Yeah, I figured that RSR, but I like to honest about being ignorant. I look more intelligent by admitting a lack of knowledge rather than being so stupid not to know the difference. I like reading your post. Sorry if my posts are often a mix of inane, insane, and then I will get real. I created Bizarro and I think he is rubbing off on me.

deportem
deportem 09/26/07 - 07:09 pm
The wars on drugs, terrorism,

The wars on drugs, terrorism, and human smuggling into the United States were all dealt a serious blow this a few weeks ago. No, not by some evil foreign power, but by our own El Presidente George W. Bush. The drug dealers, terrorists, and human smugglers are jumping for joy!
Mexican 18 wheelers are now permitted to deliver their cargoes in the USA with a Mexican driver behind the wheel. Also, only one in ten (10%) of the trucks will be will be checked to see what they are carrying! That means nine out of ten (90%) may be carrying drugs, terrorists, weapons, explosives, dirty bombs, biological and chemical weapons, etc. and will be crossing the border without being checked. Let your imagination fill in the rest.
Imagine one of them on the streets of Aiken. Many seasoned American drivers get confused with the mass of divided one way streets. Add to that trying to decide if the corner is round or square. Should I stop or go through the traffic light ? Even an Aikenite can get confused.

t of i
t of i 09/26/07 - 11:45 pm
deportem, as to the rules of

deportem, as to the rules of Aiken traffic lights, ask me. They really are quite simple.

deportem
deportem 09/27/07 - 06:42 pm
t of i Can you translate them

t of i Can you translate them into Spanish?

t of i
t of i 09/27/07 - 11:48 pm
I won't. Remember how quickly

I won't. Remember how quickly immigrants assimilate when they arrive here, we are told? Why do they need those translations? They are trying to learn to be Americans because that is why they are here. And with translations, would that not slow down assimilation??? How dumb do they really think we are?

Coroner granted funds to offset transportation costs

The Richmond County Coroner's Office will get some relief now that it can access funds collected through a partnership with Georgia Regents Medical Center.