Readers can help make decision on comics

Puzzle fans of Augusta, we hear you loud and clear. Beginning Monday, the Word Warp and Scrabblegrams return to The Augusta Chronicle. To make room, the bridge column will return to the daily TV page.

We still need to drop two comic strips, though, from our Monday-Saturday lineup, and we need your help to decide which strips to keep and which to drop.

From the following four strips, which two would you KEEP?

____ One Big Happy

____ The Pajama Diaries

____ Cow & Boy

____ Pickles

You can mail your ballot to Chronicle Comics, News Building, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, or vote now using the form below.

The voting deadline is 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 24. We'll publish the results Sunday, Sept. 30.

Questions? Send e-mail to tharon.giddens@augustachronicle.com.

You decide

Name:

City:

State:

Phone:

Which two comics should The Chronicle keep?
One Big Happy
Pajama Diaries
Cow & Boy
Pickles

bonniealba
bonniealba 09/16/07 - 08:11 am
Keep: Pickles---for sure!

Keep:
Pickles---for sure! [The humor is what many seniors can identify with.]
The Pajama Diaries---second. [The idea of wives-mothers who work at home while fulfilling all their obligations to family is what many do today---the juggling of schedules is a reflection of the Supermom Syndrome yet exhibits all the fallacies of humans "wanting to be the perfect" Wife-Mom-Careerist---in a humorous way.

Alices
Alices 09/16/07 - 08:30 am
Pickles definitely! However,

Pickles definitely! However, it would be a difficult decision on which of the other three to keep. One Big Happy would be my ultimate choice.

GEOMAR
GEOMAR 09/16/07 - 09:01 am
Pickles for sure and also The

Pickles for sure and also The Pajama Diaries. The other two are weird.

logan
logan 09/16/07 - 09:15 am
Keep Pickles, it makes me

Keep Pickles, it makes me laugh everyday! Also keep Pajama Diaries, it is one that my preteen enjoys too.

ladyvol
ladyvol 09/16/07 - 10:07 am
Keep Pickles and One Big

Keep Pickles and One Big Happy Family.

mjkgrk
mjkgrk 09/16/07 - 10:13 am
pickles and pajama diaries

pickles and pajama diaries

drr
drr 09/16/07 - 10:48 am
Pickles and Pajama Diaries.

Pickles and Pajama Diaries. These are two cartoon that appeal to everybody. Everyday people and older people.

pob
pob 09/16/07 - 11:29 am
keep Pickles and Pajama

keep Pickles and Pajama Diaries. Both are funny and most
people can relate to their story lines.

betwise
betwise 09/16/07 - 11:37 am
Please keep pickes & the

Please keep pickes & the pajama diaries. BET

BunkeeBurns
BunkeeBurns 09/16/07 - 12:40 pm
I have to agree with everyone

I have to agree with everyone else; keep Pickles and The Pajama
Diaries. If you plan to bring in another strip, PLEASE, PLEASE, consider Mother Goose and Grimm. The addition of that cartoon would just make the Chronicle a better publication. I occasionally will buy the State Newspaper just to keep up with what's going on with that cartoon.Outside of Gary Larson, who quite writing in 1995 due to retirement, Mother Goose and Grim, in my opinion, has got to be the best two cartoons ever.

mgroothand
mgroothand 09/16/07 - 01:44 pm
Save the print space and

Save the print space and bring back Ann Coulter

Cruiser72
Cruiser72 09/16/07 - 07:48 pm
If you really have to drop a

If you really have to drop a couple comics, how about dropping Candorville and Overboard. Comics like Candorville (and Opus on Sunday) are political comics that belong in the Op-Ed section if any. Overboard is just bad. Pickles is a great comic that hits home for those of us on the other side of 50.
And I also agree with mgroothand, bring back Ann Coulter!

MackCoCo
MackCoCo 09/17/07 - 01:16 pm
Drop Brewster Rockit! Drop

Drop Brewster Rockit! Drop Dilbert! Definitely keep Pickles and One Big Happy.

dkusry
dkusry 09/17/07 - 04:02 pm
We love Pickles. Don't have

We love Pickles. Don't have a 2nd choice of these. Please keep the comics page comics not political. In this stressful day, we need the FUN relief. Is PLUGGERS still available? When it was printed several years ago that was one we cut out most often. What happened to For Better or Worse on Sunday?? The obituaries and comics are main reason we subscribe.

TJTYSMOM
TJTYSMOM 09/17/07 - 09:50 pm
By the way - what's happened

By the way - what's happened to the Sunday comics - I do know that For Better or For Worse is not there anymore. WHY??? And what else has been cut - All right, Augusta Chronicle, you are forcing me to go the internet to read the comics now.... What's next?

north34
north34 09/18/07 - 12:41 pm
Should be no contest - keep

Should be no contest - keep pickles and pajama diaries. If anyone wants to get a free comic emailed to them every day you can do it at comic@comic members.com. I get BC since it was dropped. For a small fee you can get a number of comics mailed.

RM
RM 09/18/07 - 01:48 pm
No contest: Pajama Diaries is

No contest: Pajama Diaries is the best--working Moms, SuperMom wannabees, preteen kids can all relate. And having a Jewish family on the comics page is a diversity bonus! Pickles comes in second place...Cow and Boy comes in dead last--

mamabmcg4
mamabmcg4 09/18/07 - 07:38 pm
Why are 2 comics left out of

Why are 2 comics left out of the Sunday pages ?--- Judge Parker and For Better or Worse. Those are 2 of my favorites ---- Some of the comics are so "sick" that you carry and these 2 are worth reading.

pineapple5250
pineapple5250 09/19/07 - 10:41 am
Don't like any of these

Don't like any of these comics. If you are missing any of your favorite comics try azcentral.com and select comics. I am able to view just about all of my favorite comics at no cost. It really irritates me that there are now only 4 comic strips in the Augusta Chronicle I like to read. I just skip over the others.

llatimer
llatimer 09/19/07 - 06:44 pm
We want For Better or Worse

We want For Better or Worse back in the Sunday comics please. The ads could be made smaller or placed in another part of the paper.

mick8838
mick8838 09/19/07 - 10:17 pm
I love Pickles and I think

I love Pickles and I think Pajama Diaries is good also, those are my 2 keepers. If For Better or Worse does not get back in the Sunday paper i am going to cancel my subscription, an I have been a subscriber for 30 years.

RebeccaThomas
RebeccaThomas 09/20/07 - 02:03 am
I would keep Pickles and One

I would keep Pickles and One Big Happy. They are funny and appeal to all ages. I would like to add my voice to those protesting the removal of Judge Parker and For Better or for Worse in the Sunday edition. These are two of my very favorites. I also enjoyed B.C., even if you would have had to re-run strips. There was much profound wisdom contained in such a small space.

starredmeriadoc
starredmeriadoc 09/21/07 - 11:27 am
To be honest, I'd rather have

To be honest, I'd rather have the Flying McCoy's back than any of the comics, but I want Pickles and Pajama Diaries to stay. One Big Happy is okay if you're reading it on Sunday, however, Ruthie's attitude gets annoying on weekdays. I was that kid, and I still can't stand the comic.

hembat
hembat 09/21/07 - 06:33 pm
I would like to see more

I would like to see more comics on Sunday instead of all those adds. I miss FOR BETTER or for WORSE also. Please keep Pickles and ONE BIG Happy. I also miss B.C. on Sunday also.
hbates1947

Romo253
Romo253 09/23/07 - 09:51 am
I hope after everything

I hope after everything settles down, Judge Parker can return to the Sunday comics. Thanks.

rhsweat
rhsweat 09/23/07 - 08:17 pm
Pickles is a laugh riot at

Pickles is a laugh riot at our house. The other 3 are not even read. Please keep Pickles and bring back the Flying McCoys.

MSWilkins
MSWilkins 09/25/07 - 03:06 pm
I am disappointed that the

I am disappointed that the Chronicle has to cut corners (budget reasons is what I was told) and have taken out long-time comics like Judge Parker and For Better and For Worse from the Sunday comics. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Please bring them both back to the Sunday comics. Thank you.