- The Sonic Blast 13-under tournament team will hold tryouts for several additional players for the fall 2007 and spring/summer 2008 seasons. Tryouts will be held Aug. 11 at 10 a.m. at Riverside Park in Evans and Aug. 12 at 2 p.m. at Harrison-Caver Park in Clearwater, S.C. For more information, contact Dean Glover at (706) 373-1102; Mike Hill at (706) 951-3071; or Mark Plunkett at (803) 645-5219.
- The Thomson Lakers boys basketball team is holding a men's Summer Shootout tournament Aug. 10-11 at Sweetwater Recreational Center in Thomson. The entry fee is $250 for the double-elimination event. For more information, call Tim Daniels at (706) 799-6204.
- Applications are being accepted for the David Usry Junior Golf Camp at Forest Hills Golf Club. The camp will be held Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. until noon daily. For more information and registration, call Usry at (706) 733-0001 or visit www.davidusrygolfacademy.com.
- The Midland Valley Basketball Team Golf Tournament will be held Friday at Midland Valley Country Club. The format is four-man, captain's choice, with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $65 per player, plus an optional $15 per player for two mulligans and one red tee. Make checks payable to the Midland Valley High Booster Club. Mail checks and entry forms to Chris Heath, 516 Georgia Avenue, North Augusta, SC 29841. Contact Chris Heath at (803) 279-8046 or (706) 830-8640 or Mark Snellgrove at (803) 318-1030.
- A junior golf clinic will be held Aug. 6-9 at Bartram Trail Golf Club. A tournament will be held on the last day of the clinics. Proper golf attire is required. Contact email@example.com or call the pro shop at (706) 210-4681 for more details. You can also contact marketing director Dee Ramp at (706) 860-4263.
- The Augusta City Junior Championship will be held Aug. 11-12 at Forest Hills Golf Club. Ages 10-11 will play nine holes each day, and ages 12-18 will play 18 holes each day. Entry fee is $60 and includes a practice round and lunch each day. For registration and information, call the pro shop at (706) 733-0001.
- Augusta BMX will host the NBL Race season through December. Races will be held on the following dates this month: Thursday, Saturday and Aug. 25. Practice and registration for each race will be held from 6-7 p.m., with races starting at 7:30. An NBL license is required and can be purchased at the track, located on Division Street, for $45. Race fees are $7 for points only and $10 for points and award. Race dates are subject to change, but if they are changed, a calling post and e-mails will be sent out. For more information, visit www.augustabmx.com or call Philip Hart at (706) 592-5404.
- The Augusta Rowing Club offers a monthly learn to row program for adults. For information, call David Young at (803) 279-6302 or visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
- The CSRA Junior Tennis League (JTL) is holding open registration for the fall team tennis season through Aug. 28 for kids 5-18. Matches will be played on Sundays at 2 p.m. Regular JTL cost is $20, plus a $3 TennisLink fee. The new 8-under, 36' court league and the 10-under, 60' court league is $10 plus a $3 TennisLink fee. For more information, contact Michele Scott, JTL coordinator, at (706) 855-7662 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The CSRA Heat Volleyball Club will host volleyball clinics today and Aug. 5 in the Boardman Gym at Augusta Prep for girls from fifth grade through high school. Cost is $80. For more information, call (706) 860-8539.
- The Strongman and Strongwoman Championships will be held Saturday, beginning at 11 a.m. Weigh-ins will be held Friday from 6-7 p.m. and Saturday from 8-9 a.m. at Python Gym, 2250 Lumpkin Road in Augusta. There will be five events: bench press for reps, military press for reps, later hold for time, dead lift for reps and dumbbell hold for time. Entry fee is $35. For more information, call (706) 790-3806 and ask for Tee "Skinny Man" Meyers.