McGuire will hit the ground running

  • Follow Letters

Next Tuesday, we all have a big decision to make: Who will be the right man to fill the big shoes of state Sen. Jim Whitehead?

As Jim's campaign chairman and legislative aide, Brett McGuire took a hard look at the district's needs and wants. He will be able to hit the ground running from day one if elected by the people of District 24. While his opponent has been retired from politics for years, Brett has been in touch - listening, learning and solving.

Brett is not an old-time politician. He is a forward-thinking man who has a proven track record in business and community service. It's time to give somebody else a chance to run our government. New people bring new ideas and new energy to the table.

Please vote for Brett McGuire for Georgia state Senate District 24, on June 19.

Marlenia Murray, Evans

Comments (3) Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
JimCox
7
Points
JimCox 06/15/07 - 03:52 am
0
0
I suppose that you also agree

I suppose that you also agree with the McGuire strategy of voting he mentioned on WGAC on Wednesday. He claims that the only reason he voted in past Democratic primaries was to elect weaker candidates for Republicans to face in general elections. He also stated that he was great friends and supported Mark Taylor, in the same breath he said that he thought it would be easier for Sonny Perdue to win over Taylor. If he'll do that to a friend, what will he do to us voters?

LBenedict
2
Points
LBenedict 06/15/07 - 07:35 am
0
0
I do agree with the

I do agree with the strategy...it's a good idea if you think about it. Now, a question for itis; I suppose you agree with the Jackson strategy of voting 65% of the time and leaving constituents with NO VOICE 35% of the time?

LBenedict
2
Points
LBenedict 06/15/07 - 02:15 pm
0
0
itiswhatitis: one more

itiswhatitis: one more thing, which candidate ran as a Republican...then as a Democrat...then as a Republican? What will this candidate do to us voters?

Back to Top

Top headlines

Man reports McCormick attack

A South Carolina man told police three men attempted to sexually assault him and then shot at him while he was bicycling in McCormick County late Saturday.
Search Augusta jobs