Ignoring them won't make them leave

It is amazing that the liberals believe that if we pull out of Iraq, the terrorists will leave us alone. Many of us as Christians, maligned in the media, have tried to leave the liberals alone, but they still haven't gone away. Neither faction will give up, so what is the difference between the two?

Cliff Henning, Graniteville, S.C.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 05/29/07 - 05:26 am
Great analogy Mr. Henning.

Great analogy Mr. Henning. Also funny.

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 05/29/07 - 05:32 am
I am a Christian, and for the

I am a Christian, and for the most part am a conservative. The irony is that I am against the war in Iraq, and have been since before it began. My angst is caused by the fact that false information was put out by the administration from the very beginning. I agree that the Al Qaeda terrorists wont leave us alone, but in Iraq, these are more likely Sunni insurgents riding on the back of the Al Qaeda name. It's been proven and acknowledged by the government that Al Qaeda wasn't an issue in Iraq before the war, but thanks to "liberation"it has been offered an opportunity to invade. We cannot win this issue in Iraq, but need to put more pressure, politically, on it's providers. That means we must stand strong against Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan. There are others who must change, also. We have crippled our ability to respond to national emergencies, hurt our economy and our standing as the shining light of democracy on the world. It's time for this to change.

Its me1
Its me1 05/29/07 - 07:42 am
We haven't had one terrorist

We haven't had one terrorist attack since 9-11 in the US, so something must be working. We either fight them on their territory or fight them in America. Which would you prefer? Not sure how you see response to national emergencies crippled...the record looks good from where I sit.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 08:09 am
People say there was no Al

People say there was no Al Qaeda in Iraq until we invaded. Well they sure did show up there. Why shouldn't we think they will show up here if we don't fight?

Signal Always
Signal Always 05/29/07 - 08:17 am
GACopperhead, if you're a

GACopperhead, if you're a Conservative, I'm Bill Gates.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 05/29/07 - 09:03 am
I love how warmongers justify

I love how warmongers justify the US war of aggression in Iraq by saying "we haven't been attacked since 9/11". Nevermind that US troops are targeted daily in Iraq. Wingnuts also claim that the US military hasn't lost a battle in Iraq, but we loose a battle everytime a US convoy is ambushed or blown up by an IED. We lost a battle yesterday (Memorial Day) in Iraq that cost at least 8 US lives, a helicopter, & I'm not sure how many vehicles. We lost THAT battle. But most importantly what will be the reaction WHEN (not if) United States is hit by another terrorist attack? Expert Rand Beers says it is highly unlikely Al Qaeda in Iraq can attack the US but very likely Al Qaeda central command in Pakistan can & will attack us. What will be the reaction then? Who would assume control in United States and who will benefit politically when the inevitable happens? Will we have elections & a normal transition of power from one elected administration to the next? Apparently there are alternative emergency plans. On May 9 President Bush quietly signed an executive order titled "National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive". Bush & Chertoff can take over in case of emergency.

The Knave
The Knave 05/29/07 - 09:54 am
Here's what one infamous

Here's what one infamous "liberal" had to say about "maligned" Christianty: "I have examined all the known superstitions of the word, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth." -- Thomas Jefferson ---- Here's another thought from that same awful "liberal:" "I recoil with horror at the ferociousness of man. Will nations never devise a more rational umpire of differences than force? Are there no means of coercing injustice more gratifying to our nature than a waste of the blood of thousands and of the labor of millions of our fellow creatures?" ---- Oh, the irony, that partricathomas and her bloodthirsty "Christian" brethren find it amusing that the American empire builders have caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands, and the maiming and mutilation of millions in Iraq.

johnny99
johnny99 05/29/07 - 10:19 am
I don't know a single person

I don't know a single person who believes "if we pull out of Iraq, the terrorists will leave us alone" and I don't know a single person who thinks we shouldn't get out of Iraq. Typical dittohead reasoning by this letter writer 9 among others ), make a false assumption about those you disagree with and avoid the real issue.
For kpc, wake up they have been n are here. The atacks in London n Madrid fly in the face of the "there have been no attacks since 9/11 mantra. The war in Iraq makes it more difficult to go after and stop the terrorists in the rest of the world. The invasion of Iraq was the best gift DUHbya could have given bin Laden after 9/11.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 11:12 am
I commend Cain for giving

I commend Cain for giving evidence that the war in Iraq is necessary. His "expert" says that Al Qaeda in Iraq couldn't attack the US. Maybe it's because they are a little busy. And the loss of soldiers, while tragic, does not constitute the loss of a battle. Had you not hidden from the war, you might know that. I guess we got our butts kicked on D-Day.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 11:15 am
johnny...I don't know anyone

johnny...I don't know anyone named DUHbya....sorry.

jack234
jack234 05/29/07 - 11:34 am
I have asked on several

I have asked on several occassions for some-one to please tell me what conservative republican principes Bush, Mcain, senators from Ga, Graham, et al have abandoned? No one has answered-I guess I have to go to CAIN to get an answer. Are there no conservative republicans out there who can answer this?

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 11:52 am
jack..see "questions still

jack..see "questions still linger" post.

intheknow
intheknow 05/29/07 - 12:13 pm
So, only Conservatives are

So, only Conservatives are Christians? Man what a bunch of BS.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 12:32 pm
intheknow....I don't think

intheknow....I don't think anyone sad that.

intheknow
intheknow 05/29/07 - 01:15 pm
" many of us as christians,

" many of us as christians, maligned by the media, have tried to leave the liberals alone, but they still have not gone away." kpc ,excuse me for thinking that way.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 01:17 pm
I guess it could be implied

I guess it could be implied from that. I wasn't attacking, I just didn't hear it that way in my head when I read it.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 05/29/07 - 01:55 pm
"many of us as christians"

"many of us as christians" does not mean liberals are not christian, only conservatives can be christian, or that all conservatives are christian. It says exactly what it says for crying out loud!!! Many of the conservatives AS christians depite the bad mouthing of the media have tried to leave liberals alone. That means they are following the "christian way" to just leave them alone. I am not even into this topic but I understood what it said and the analogy. It seems like people only see what they want to see in a post.... this happens quite alot on here, hopefully it was just misread.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 02:32 pm
TakeAstand.....that was the

TakeAstand.....that was the way I read it.

gagirl40
gagirl40 05/29/07 - 03:29 pm
Didn't our president say all

Didn't our president say all terrorist training camps must be shut down? Well since March 2003 the largest terrorist training camp has grown right under our noses. We are helping the terrorists get stronger and stronger. They now have "On the job training". And we are giving it to them. This wonderful training camp is called IRAQ. I'm sure Bin Laden is thanking George Bush every single day for the opportunity he has given the terrorists. We will forever regret this war, as it is only helping the terrorists we claim to be defeating. God help us all! And to those who say we haven't been attacked since 9/11..please, We have only been attacked twice on the homeland in it's history..not counting the British and Pearl Harbor. It's not like it happened every day before 9/11 and our great leader has prevented it ever since. And ask other countries about terrorist attacks since 9/11. I'm sure they would disagree with you. And JACK234..the principles that have been abandoned are a balanced budget, (fiscal responsibility) strong stance on illegal immigration, leadership and respect in the world are just a few. But fiscal responsibility is probably the main one.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 03:59 pm
Nice slant gagirl. Careful

Nice slant gagirl. Careful you don't fall over.

johnny99
johnny99 05/29/07 - 04:03 pm
I'm sure you don't know

I'm sure you don't know anyone named DUHbya kpc it seems from your comments you don't know much of anything.

MorganDoc
MorganDoc 05/29/07 - 04:14 pm
Ahh, the despair of it all.

Ahh, the despair of it all. Nobody said you can't own a gun. We're not even sayin' you can't carry a gun. All we're sayin' is you can't carry a gun in town...

MorganDoc
MorganDoc 05/29/07 - 04:15 pm
I'm your Huckleberry

I'm your Huckleberry

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 04:39 pm
Nn johnny...I just show a

Nn johnny...I just show a little respect for the office. Even when I don't like the person who holds it. It's called maturity.

johnny99
johnny99 05/29/07 - 04:53 pm
LOL Yea kpc your comments are

LOL Yea kpc your comments are the height of maturity ! I see lying comes pretty easy to you first the WMD lie, the deaths of 3 million after the war in Viet Nam n now you lie about your "respect" for the office. I know your type had no "respect" for the office before DUHbya stumbled through the door. But hey I know you don't have any facts to back up your apologizing for DUHbya so keep insulting Cain n everyone else who points out the blunders of this admin. just don't be hurt as less n less of the general population believes your excuses.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 05:08 pm
OK...you got me...I've been

OK...you got me...I've been lieing all along.....By the way....can you prove any of it? Find one post where I spoke disrespectfully about the president...I'll wait.

Its me1
Its me1 05/29/07 - 06:35 pm
Just a ntoe...those who fight

Just a ntoe...those who fight for this country are all volunteers. They know the possible consequences, but they still choose to be willing to die for the freedoms we enjoy. Apparently they believe in the cause.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 05/29/07 - 06:37 pm
...you're a daisy if you do

...you're a daisy if you do morgan&doc hahaha skin that smokewagon and see what happens!!!

_kpc_
_kpc_ 05/29/07 - 07:18 pm
Sorry johnny....2,000,000

Sorry johnny....2,000,000 deaths...not 3,000,000. I was mistaken....not lieing. http://www.unitedhumanrights.org/Genocide/pol_pot.htm

johnny99
johnny99 05/29/07 - 08:51 pm
Sorry kpc Pol Pot was in

Sorry kpc Pol Pot was in Cambodia not Viet Nam and of course being as mature as you are you do know the difference. The lies you've posted here are about the finding of WMDs. I doubt you were old enough to own a computer during the Clinton years but I'm sure your respect for the office doesn't extend to him. My experience has been that those who are so aghast at the disrespect shown a Pres. they agree with are the first to sling mud when someone they disagree with is in the "sacred" office.

More Americans traveling this holiday season

You might want to get a head start to Grandma's house this year. It appears more Americans - 98.6 million - will be traveling this holiday season than ever.