- Monday: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce's seventh annual Golf Classic, sponsored by First Bank of Georgia; 1 p.m.; shotgun start, Gordon Lakes Golf Course, Fort Gordon; $125 individual; $500 team of four; sponsorships available; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
l Monday: Radio Frequency Identification; three-hour Georgia Institute of Technology seminar on Radio Frequency Identification implementation for Department of Defense suppliers; 9 a.m., 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; free; register at www.gtpac.org or call Lloyd Watts at (706) 729-2076.
l Tuesday: Augusta Metro Chamber Women in Business monthly luncheon; tourism topic: Putting Your Dreams in Motion, panel including the Georgia Department of Economic Development, Augusta Convention and Visitors Bureau, Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Georgia Welcome Center and Downtown Development Authority; 11:30 a.m.; Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites; $18 members; $20 nonmembers; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
l Tuesday: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours; The Clear Channel/Family Y; 5-7 p.m., North Augusta Community Center, 1147 Georgia Ave.; free; R.S.V.P. to (803) 279-2323.
l Wednesday, May 30 and June 15: Stop Unpaid Consulting; presentation by Eddie Huff, Sandler Sales Institute, for business owners, presidents and CEOs; seating limited; register online at www.ssp.sandler.com; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; $49, includes lunch and book; (706) 432-0040.
l Thursday: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Drugs Don't Work Seminar; topic Prescriptions Medication, They are Drugs Too; 3-5 p.m., Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce; free for program participants; others $25; R.S.V.P. to Rebecca at (706) 821-1324.
l Thursday: Project Management Institute local chapter meeting; speaker Clay Jones, project management office director for Washington Savannah River Co., on "New Program Management Standard"; The Pinnacle Club, 6:15 p.m.; $20 members, $25 nonmembers, R.S.V.P. to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
l Thursday: Georgia-Carolina Chapter of National Contract Management Association monthly dinner meeting; speaker Greg Ryan, manager of subcontract support services for Washington Savannah River Co. on "Prime Contract Flow-down Requirements"; 6 p.m., Woodside Plantation Clubhouse; members $20, nonmembers $22; call Susan Goodwin at (803) 952-6080.
l Thursday: Greater Augusta Chapter of American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants; education program topic "Mock Trial of Alleged RN Negligence"; 5 p.m.; Marvin United Methodist Church; free; R.S.V.P. to Ruby Barnes at (706) 792-0621 or Bonnie Rushton at (803) 278-4705.
l Friday: Augusta-Aiken Society of Human Resource Management monthly meeting; Matthew Parker will present "Behavior Based Safety Programs"; 7:30 a.m.; Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites, 1 10th Street; $15, includes parking and breakfast; call Jeri Farley at (706) 651-2025.
l May 22: Augusta Metro Chamber Business After Hours; networking event hosted by Centerplate Catering Services; 5:30-7:30 p.m., James Brown Arena; members free; nonmembers $20; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
l May 22: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce Seminar on Customer Service with Dr. Connie Pritchard; 5-7 p.m., North Augusta Community Center, 1147 Georgia Ave.; $15 members, $20 nonmembers; R.S.V.P. to (803) 279-2323.
l June 4: 21st annual Alltel Boy Scout Golf Classic; Mount Vintage Plantation and Golf Club; 11:30 a.m. registration; 1 p.m. shotgun start; $500 for four-member team; individuals $125; sponsorships available; contact Ivone Bond at (706) 733-5277 or email@example.com.
l June 28: Augusta Metro Chamber Economic Club Series; speaker Lisa Borders, president, Atlanta City Council; topic Transforming Communities; 11:30 a.m., Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites; $45 members; $55 nonmembers; corporate tables of 10 $425; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
l Sept. 13: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce Business Expo/Job Fair; chance for businesses to show their products; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., free; North Augusta Community Center; those attending separate marketing seminar by Dr. Connie Pritchard must R.S.V.P.; $15 members $20 nonmembers; call (803) 279-2323.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- United Way Helpline; dial 2-1-1 to speak with a specialist who can help you with information and referrals to camps, day care providers, senior citizen programs, rent and utility assistance programs, food pantries, housing, prescription assistance and more; 24 hours a day, seven days a week; out of area call toll free (877) 292-5211.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
l Personal financial pitfalls for seniors; AARP Georgia seminar demonstrating how consumers can protect their assets from financial fraud and marketplace abuses; call the CSRA Area Agency on Aging at (706) 210-2000 or (888) 922-4464.
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks network of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks at (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall, 2858 Washington Road; contact Melanie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; call Linda at (706) 309-9093.
- President's Club; ongoing reinforcement of sales training systems for business owners, sales representatives and managers; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; call (706) 432-0040.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; call Chuck Ellison at (706) 294-5502.
- Augusta Business Development Club, referral group of noncompeting business people; 7:15 a.m., Tuesdays, The Partridge Inn, Walton Way; contact Heath Jefferson at (706) 267-2228 or email@example.com.
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis for details at (803) 645-7883.
- Business Network International Pro-Active Professionals chapter; meets Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Angela Brock at (706) 868-5916 for details.
- Business Network International First Things First chapter; meets Tuesdays at 7 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Adam Williams at (706) 868-5916.
l North Augusta Networkers; Business Network International group; Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m., North Augusta Community Center; call Briton Williams at (803) 442-3827.
l Georgia Real Estate Investors Association; education on the topic of real estate investing for newcomers and the experienced; 7 p.m., second Thursday each month; Columbia County Library Performing Arts Center; $5 members; $10 nonmembers; call Debbie at (706) 364-6612.
l Hands-On Computer Training: programs on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and more; morning, afternoon and evening classes; Marketable Skills Training Center, 2321 Peach Orchard Road, Suite E; $120 per six weeks, per class; call Gwen Watts at (706) 729-0941.
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; daytime and evening classes offered Monday through Saturday; Computer Link, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway; call (706) 860-8313.
- Microsoft Office User Specialist tests; MCSE, A , N , and I-NET ; Savannah River College; call Shannon Thomas at (706) 738-5046.
- In-store training and certification classes for home and office software; PRONET Computer Stores; call (706) 855-9070.
- Microsoft Small Business Server; install-it-yourself workshop for small-business owners by Network Consultants; $99; visit augustasoftware training.com for details.
- Work From Home; one-hour seminar on being your own boss; The Guest House Inn; Tuesdays; call (877) 821-5542.
- Foreign Accent and Southern Accent Reduction; classes for improving business and professional skills; Snyder Speech Therapy Services; to register, call (706) 860-9385.
- Construction management; learn the process and potential risks before hiring a contractor for commercial construction project; PCM Construction Consultants; firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 373-0585.
- Keller Williams Realty; personalized sessions for anyone considering a real estate career; The Atrium, 3633 Wheeler Road; call (706) 868-3772.
- How to Get Started in Real Estate; Sherman and Hemstreet GMAC; call Tom Horner at (706) 738-6641.
- Marketable Skills Training Center; hands-on software training for Microsoft Office and other applications; 2321 Peach Orchard Road, Suite E; weekday daytime and evening classes available; contact Gwen Watts at email@example.com or (706) 729-0941 or (706) 790-4253.
- Business Opportunity: free seminar for people who have considered being their own boss; Thursdays at Ryan's Steakhouse; call Gail Amstutz at (706) 790-8771 for times and individual appointments.
- Help Others and Work From Home; one-hour information and Q&A session; Tuesdays at 7:30 pm, Vineyard Cafe, 3126 Parrish Road, Augusta, Room C-1; free; call Arlene at (706) 364-2373.
Submit an item
Fill out our "business event" form online at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove to get your event listed in Your Business's free Day Planner calendar. Items received by noon Monday will be published the next Monday.