News |   Obits |   Sports |   Business |   Opinion |   Things to Do |   Life |   Blogs |   Photos |   Video |   Data |   Jobs |   Homes |   Autos |   Buy/Sell

Hateful radio host needs our prayers

My wife and I sometimes take the opportunity to listen to the Water Cooler Moment on radio station WAAW. It never ceases to amaze me to hear the vile comments that come forth from that program.

Last week, a caller asked the host if 94.7 FM was a Christian station, because he did not recognize any love from its host and previous callers. As expected, there was a vicious attack against that gentleman. My wife and I had wanted to make that same inquiry. I must admit, the comments become unbearable at times and we turn the radio off.

I am astonished that some blacks think of themselves as the great deliverer of Augusta. If the truth is to be known, they actually do more damage than good. There are other radio stations designed to separate and divide the voting public into to ethnic voting groups. From them, we expect abrasive and infuriating comments that are designed to achieve their predetermined goal. These hosts work for the money and become quite wealthy. The surprise is to hear black stations sending the same messages. The results of their messages are more polarizing than the other stations because not only do they polarize blacks against whites, they polarize blacks against blacks.

The host condemned Sunday-morning-only Christians for failing to take up his causes. One day, people of faith must come together as they do on Monday nights in Augusta and speak love, not hate. If the host wants to foster change in Augusta, he must elicit the Christian family that has transcended color and race. These are the ones who recognize that the fight is not against flesh and blood, or black or white, but against principalities and powers not seen.

Pray for him, Augusta!

Roy and Carolyn Ellis, Augusta

Signal Always
Signal Always 03/29/07 - 04:37 am
Sorry, I won't be praying for

Sorry, I won't be praying for someone that wants to cause race riots. Not today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. I just pray that I will be home to protect my family from the idiots that this idiot will incite to riot as I am currently away serving this country. It used to be against the law to incite riots. Well hell, it also used to be against the law to be a traitor, so I guess things change.

Lakefront
Lakefront 03/29/07 - 06:19 am
"You have heard that it was

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you in order that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven..." (Matthew 5:43-45a). This is a concept Jesus taught His disciples.

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 03/29/07 - 06:42 am
So who owns waaw??....find

So who owns waaw??....find the owners and you will find the reason for the "on air idiot".......cause some one has got to be paying this dope to spout the filth he spews..."he's gettin paid"...I just hope the sheriff's lawsuit sucks the life out of the deal.

intheknow
intheknow 03/29/07 - 10:21 am
yeah i am with all of you.

yeah i am with all of you. then we will go after austin next. right?

_kpc_
_kpc_ 03/29/07 - 10:42 am
I don't listen to a lot of

I don't listen to a lot of talk radio. Who is Austin?

intheknow
intheknow 03/29/07 - 11:17 am
i guess you never heard of

i guess you never heard of austin rhodes?

_kpc_
_kpc_ 03/29/07 - 11:32 am
Nope....sorry. Sounds like

Nope....sorry. Sounds like it's probably a good thing that I haven't. I've heard of Randi Rhodes. She is a venemous woman who never has anything good to say about anything.

madblackwoman
madblackwoman 03/29/07 - 02:41 pm
This host does need our

This host does need our prayers. It shows that he is not happy with himself. He has a lot of issues, lack of education, lack of common sense and no ethics at all. It amazes me to no end that he is a radio host, escpecially on a christian network. What is the problem with the "owner" of the station. Do they not know that it is illiegal, immoral and downright wrong to slander anyone. But, then we have to consider the source, here is someone who doesn't know who he is, has no respect for God or his messengers, is a "BIG LIAR" check his credentials,and a convict.
As christians the Lord commands us to love and pray for him, but we are to rebuke him for his vicious words...

CHIEF
CHIEF 03/29/07 - 02:46 pm
intheknow your an idot,

intheknow your an idot, racial fool and the only knowledge you have is ignorance.

worriedboutdafuture
worriedboutdafuture 03/29/07 - 04:37 pm
Yep!! Yep!! He's done it

Yep!! Yep!! He's done it "Again" the "Mighty Fool" (Ryan B / Brian Lamont Doyle/ Convicted Felon/ False Prophet and overall basket case!!) has caused his runnaway mouth to cause a little "STINKER!" with the public conciousness! ( YET AGAIN). This radio station (GOSPEL of ALL, Can ya believe that?!) is almost certain to stop airing as a result of this Latetest SNAFU from this arrogant ,ignorant "FOOL!!" Those who support him are almost certain to taste his fate ( as i'm sure he's asking for YOUR MONETARY donations to his legal defense "Fund") or as I call it "The FUND OF STUPIDITY!" as the rulings of the "Courts of Law" are delivered! There are those that say "Pray for this young man. I say he needs Prayer and a heavy dose of pyschriatic counseling as this so call champion of the Black/Afro-American Cause has gone "Stark Raving Coo Coo for Coko Puffs!! And Yes Im certainly sure if reads this he'll challenge me in the parking lot of whatever church he attends but i'll use his own words against him "TUFF!!" Sincerely "UNCLE TOM!!, SUZY TOM AND WHOLE DARN FAMILY!!

intheknow
intheknow 03/29/07 - 05:11 pm
well, well CHUMP I mean

well, well CHUMP I mean chief. I am a racist idiot. You sound more like a butt kissing you know what. Now aperson makes a general comment about blacks, I respond and you call me the racist. You know CHUMP, I meant chief I really could careless what you think.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 03/29/07 - 06:36 pm
Jeez intheknow, why don't you

Jeez intheknow, why don't you just call him an Uncle Tom? You were clearly trying to turn the tables by bringing up Austin Rhodes. The only reason you brought his name up is because you wanted a white target to cause strife because a black guy was down. That is called race baiting. Chief called you on it and he was dead on the money.

intheknow
intheknow 03/29/07 - 06:47 pm
First of all you will never

First of all you will never hear me use the words Uncle Tom. The point I was making about Austin was that he in the past loved to used the 'N" word. A word that I would never use. I said I never listen to Ryan B. nor have intentions to do so. I was trying to make the point that if you call Ryan B. a racist and want to take him off the air, why would you not want to get rid of all .

_kpc_
_kpc_ 03/29/07 - 06:51 pm
No, you specifically brought

No, you specifically brought up a white man with the intentions of contrasting the black man that was under fire. You could have just as easily brought up any number of other racist black celebrities, but you didn't. I can't see in your heart, but it shows in your words. And calling somebody a butt kissing you know what is no better that Uncle Tom.

intheknow
intheknow 03/29/07 - 07:00 pm
and to be perfectly clear, I

and to be perfectly clear, I really could care less what chief or anyone else thinks. By the way because a person is of the same race, color, pick your term, we do not have to agree but if you direct a personal attact at me, which if you read chief's remarks he did, then do not cry about when the attack is returned. By the way, I was talking about a butt kissing a hole. When I used the term earlier my comments were remeved. NOT UNCLE TOM.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 03/29/07 - 07:04 pm
Chief's statement is harsh,

Chief's statement is harsh, but the race baiting does seem pretty clear. You shouldn't resort to the same name calling when you are attacked.

intheknow
intheknow 03/29/07 - 07:05 pm
Tell me one LOCAL racist

Tell me one LOCAL racist black talk show host other than Ryan B..We were keeping it local, thats why I did not mention RUSH, NEIL and so on. With all due respect I do not need anyone BLACK or WHITE to tell me what I was thinking.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 03/29/07 - 07:11 pm
Say what you want...we know

Say what you want...we know what you meant.

intheknow
intheknow 03/29/07 - 07:17 pm
okay i will leave you alone

okay i will leave you alone because now i believe you are the racist with a desire to tell blacks how to think or feel. Have fun.You could not debate the fact that I was limiting my remarks to local host so you went to the well " We know what you meant." I guess we can do that with your comments, you said this but you meant that. GEEZZZZZZZZZ

worriedboutdafuture
worriedboutdafuture 03/29/07 - 08:05 pm
OOPS Almost forgot to tell ya

OOPS Almost forgot to tell ya ( Ryan B) that Uncle and Miss Charley sends you their warm reguards as well. And If ya don't like it "THEN TUFF!!"

Property tax increase OK'd

Augusta commissioners broke a seven-year trend Wednesday and agreed 7-0 to raise property taxes by 1.75 mills to cover a deficit and provide employees a small bonus.