Augusta Metro Chamber Women In Business monthly luncheon; Panel discussion topic: Being and Becoming Leaders; 11:30 a.m.; Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites; members $18; nonmembers $20; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
Augusta Entrepreneur's Lunch and Learn: Managing by the Numbers, one-hour program designed to provide small-business owners with an understanding of how to record, analyze and communicate financial information; 11:30 a.m., Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; registration is required as seating is limited; call (706) 737-1790.
- Augusta Metro Chamber Business After Hours networking event; Phinizy Swamp Nature Park; catering by Sticky Fingers; 5:30-7:30 p.m., 1858 Lock & Dam Road; free; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
- CSRA Medical Managers' Association; guest speaker Pam Tucker, of the Columbia County Emergency Management Agency; 11:30 a.m., Partridge Inn, Walton Way; members free, nonmembers $15; limited seating; call Ruby Patterson at (706) 828-6416.
- Global Career Development Facilitator Training; class leading to National Career Development Association certification by The Pritchard Group Inc.; registration required because space is limited; contact Dr. Constance J. Pritchard at (706) 627-3540 or cdf firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alzheimer's Conference Dimensions of Dementia: Diagnosis and Treatment; one-day symposium for primary care physicians; 8:15 a.m., MCG Alumni Center, 919 15th St.; call (706) 721-3967 or go to www.mcg.edu/ce for more information.
- March 27: Marketing to Latinos; two-hour class to help mainstream business owners and managers understand the Latino market by Eduardo Lopez, a minority-business consultant from the Georgia Small Business Development Center network; 6 p.m.; 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; $40; (706) 737-1790.
- March 27: Columbia County Chamber of Commerce Small Business Resource Fair; free workshops by the Georgia Department of Economic Development for those starting a businesses or growing an existing one; 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., County Board of Education building, Evans; lunch is $10; call Karen at (706) 651-0018.
- March 28: Qualify Hard and Close Easy, introduction to the Sandler Sales System for CEOs, business owners and sales professionals; 8:30-10:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; call Eddie Huff at (706) 432-0040.
- March 29: MCG Health System RN Interview Experience; registration-only career fair is open to experienced and returning registered nurses and graduating students; onsite interviews with hiring managers; 3:30-6 p.m., Terrace Dining, MCG Medical Center; free; register at www.mcghealth.org/career or call (706) 721-1523 or (706) 721-1183.
- March 29: Conflict Management; training on how to anticipate and handle conflict constructively by Raymond Wilson; 9 a.m. to noon, Evans Library Conference Room A; $69; R.S.V.P. at email@example.com or (706) 627-3407.
- March 29: Retirement has come! What should you do now?; free dinner seminar by Chuck Smith and Matt Spivey, financial advisers at Edward Jones, on retirement planning and 401(k) distributions; 6 p.m., Bobby's Bar-B-Q, Graniteville; seating limited; R.S.V.P. to Debby Markwalter at (803) 279-6065.
- April 2: U.S. Small Business Administration faith-based initiative workshop; free information on financing and managing a new or expanded small business; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Gospel Water Branch Baptist Church, 703 Furys Ferry Road in Evans; call Carolyn Williams at (706) 868-8065 or Sharon Turman at (706) 860-7091.
- April 17: Appraisal Institute Chapter Meeting; barbecue luncheon counts as three hours of credit for real estate appraisers and commercial real estate brokers; seminar will illustrate the relationship between business appraisal and real estate appraisal; program begins at 8:30 a.m.; Belair Conference Center; $30; register online at www.appraisalinstitute. org/education/Atlanta.aspx.
- April 17: Augusta Metro Chamber Women in Business monthly luncheon; topic: The Sandwich Generation: Caring for children and parents at the same time, by Angela Woodruff- Swarts, of Spherion; 11:30 a.m.; Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites; $18 members; $20 nonmembers; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
- April 19: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Economic Club Series; first in a series of four topics; Dr. Tim Irwin, the author of Run With the Bulls Without Getting Trampled; noon, Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites; $45 members; $55 nonmembers; series packages available; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
- April 23-24: CSRA Community Foundation's annual Grant Seeker Sessions, free informational sessions for nonprofit organizations in the six-county Augusta-Aiken area interested in applying for the Foundation's Annual Unrestricted Grants Program; 10 a.m. for both sessions; training room of Serotta Maddocks Evans & Co., 701 Greene St., Suite 200; two individuals per organization; reserve spot by calling (706) 724-1314 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 21, 28; May 5, 12: Project Management Professional Certification Examination Preparatory Course, by the Savannah River Chapter of Project Management Institute in partnership with University of South Carolina Aiken; four classes held on consecutive Saturdays; 8 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.; $595; call Surendra Gupta at (803) 725-4710 or Laura Anderson at (803) 641-3563.
- April 26: QuickBooks Pro 2007 training seminar; learn how to working with bank accounts, payroll, financial data and customized forms; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Serotta Maddocks Evans and Co. CPAs, 701 Greene St., Suite 200; $98 per person; seating limited; call Melissa Canady at (706) 722-5337.
- April 27: National Contract Management Association Georgia-Carolina Chapter's ninth annual golf tournament; benefits the Carl Carr Memorial Scholarship Fund; 8 a.m.; North Augusta Country Club; $60, includes greens fees, cart, balls, buffet and two soft drinks; call Lauren Amos at (706) 447-4893, Dawn Moore at (803) 952-9833 or Susan Goodwin at (803) 952-6080.
- May 14: First Bank/Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce seventh annual Golf Classic; noon, Gordon Lakes Golf Course, Fort Gordon; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318 for information.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Personal financial pitfalls for seniors; AARP Georgia seminar demonstrating how consumers can protect their assets from financial fraud and marketplace abuses, call the CSRA Area Agency on Aging at (706) 210-2000 or (888) 922-4464.
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks network of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks at (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall; contact Melanie Smith at melanie. email@example.com.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; call Linda at (706) 309-9093.
- President's Club; ongoing reinforcement of sales training systems for business owners, sales representatives and managers; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; (706) 432-0040.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; call Chuck Ellison at (706) 294-5502.
- Augusta Business Development Club, referral group of noncompeting business people; 7:30 a.m., Tuesdays, Athens Restaurant, Bobby Jones Expressway; contact Heath Jefferson at (706) 267-2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis for details at (803) 645-7883.
- Business Network International Pro-Active Professionals chapter; meets Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Angela Brock at (706) 868-5916 for details.
- Business Network International First Things First chapter; meets Tuesdays at 7 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Adam Williams at (706) 868-5916.
- North Augusta Networkers; Business Network International group; Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m., North Augusta Community Center; call Briton Williams at (803) 442-3827.
- Georgia Real Estate Investors Association; education on the topic of real estate investing for newcomers and the experienced; 7 p.m., second Thursday each month; Columbia County Library Performing Arts Center; $5 members; $10 nonmembers; call Debbie at (706) 364-6612.
- Hands-On Computer Training: programs on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and more; morning, afternoon and evening classes; Marketable Skills Training Center, 2321 Peach Orchard Road, Suite E; $120 per six weeks, per class; call Gwen Watts at (706) 729-0941.
- Software training for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications; daytime and evening classes offered Monday through Saturday; Computer Link, 596 Bobby Jones Expressway; (706) 860-8313.
- Microsoft Office User Specialist tests; MCSE, A , N , and I-NET ; Savannah River College; call Shannon Thomas at (706) 738-5046.
- In-store training and certification classes for home and office software; PRONET Computer Stores; call (706) 855-9070.
Day Planner is a free public-service listing of The Augusta Chronicle. Fill out our "business event" form online at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove to get your event listed. Items received by noon Tuesday will be published the following Monday.