- Tuesday: Starting a Franchise Business; seminar designed to help people who would like to own their own business explore franchising as an option; 6 p.m.; $40; Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; call (706) 737-1790.
- Wednesday: Break the Rules and Close More Sales; executive briefing for business owners, CEOs and sales professionals, introduction to the Sandler Sales System; 8:30-10:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; seating limited; call (706) 432-0040.
- Friday: Competitive Market Analysis & Intelligence Gathering; seminar sponsored by NAPM-Augusta; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; NAPM members free, nonmembers $99 each; five or more from the same company are $79 each; call James Harris at (706) 721-2216.
- March 12: Success Columbia County Style; Columbia County Chamber of Commerce networking event; 5-7 p.m.; Taylor BMW on Washington Road; members free, $10 nonmembers; call Karen at (706) 651-0018.
- March 13: Starting Your Own Business; workshop covering such topics as the traits of successful entrepreneurs, market research, legal structures for businesses, cash flow projections and financing alternatives; 6 p.m.; $40; Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; call (706) 737-1790.
- March 14: Greater Augusta Association of Fundraising Professionals Quarterly Meeting; Del Martin, managing partner and chairman of Alexander Haas Martin & Partners, will speak on The Art of the Ask; 11:30 a.m.; Morris Museum of Art Auditorium; $15 members, $20 nonmembers; R.S.V.P. to Beverly Peltier at (706) 771-4023.
- March 14: Starting Your Own Business, conducted in Spanish; workshop covering such topics as the traits of successful entrepreneurs, market research, legal structures for businesses and financing alternatives; 6 p.m.; $40; Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; call (706) 737-1790.
- March 15: Marketing to State and Local Governments; free three-hour seminar by the Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center on bidding for work and doing business with state agencies, cities, counties, school boards and authorities; 9 a.m.; 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; call Lloyd Watts at (706) 729-2076.
- March 15: Greater Augusta Chapter of American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants; continuing education program by Marilyn Oakes, a certified pain practitioner; topic: Chronic Pain Management: Non-Opioid Strategies & Legal Aspects; 5 p.m.; Marvin United Methodist Church; members free, guests $10; R.S.V.P. to Ruby Barnes (706) 792-0621 or Bonnie Rushton (803) 278-4705.
- March 21: Augusta Metro Chamber Women in Business Monthly Luncheon; panel discussion topic: Being and Becoming Leaders; 11:30 a.m.; Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites; members $18; nonmembers $20; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
- March 21: Augusta Entrepreneur's Lunch and Learn: Managing by the Numbers, one-hour program designed to provide small-business owners with an understanding of how to record, analyze and communicate financial information; 11:30 a.m., Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; registration is required as seating is limited; call (706) 737-1790.
- March 22: Augusta Metro Chamber Business After Hours networking event; Phinizy Swamp Nature Park; catering provided by Sticky Fingers; 5:30-7:30 p.m., 1858 Lock & Dam Road; members free; call Terra Carroll at (706) 821-1318.
- March 22: Global Career Development Facilitator Training; class leading to National Career Development Association certification by The Pritchard Group Inc.; registration required because space is limited; contact Dr. Constance J. Pritchard at (706) 627-3540 or email@example.com.
- March 24: Alzheimer's Conference, Dimensions of Dementia: Diagnosis and Treatment; one-day symposium for primary care physicians; 8:15 a.m., MCG Alumni Center, 919 15th St.; call (706) 721-3967 or go to www.mcg.edu/ce for more information.
- March 27: Marketing to Latinos; two-hour class to help mainstream business owners and managers understand the Latino market, by Eduardo Lopez, a minority-business consultant from the Georgia Small Business Development Center network; 6 p.m.; 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; $40; (706) 737-1790.
- April 21, 28; May 5, 12: Project Management Professional Certification Examination Preparatory Course, by the Savannah River chapter of Project Management Institute in partnership with University of South Carolina Aiken; four classes held on consecutive Saturdays; 8 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.; $595; call Surendra Gupta at (803) 725-4710 or Laura Anderson at (803) 641-3563.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Personal financial pitfalls for seniors; AARP Georgia seminar demonstrating how consumers can protect their assets from financial fraud and marketplace abuses, call the CSRA Area Agency on Aging at (706) 210-2000 or (888) 922-4464.
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks network of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall; contact Melanie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; call Linda at (706) 309-9093.
- President's Club; ongoing reinforcement of sales training systems for business owners, sales representatives, and managers; Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; (706) 432-0040.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; call Chuck Ellison at (706) 294-5502.
- Augusta Business Development Club, referral group of noncompeting business people; 7:30 a.m., Tuesdays, Athens Restaurant, Bobby Jones Expressway; contact Heath Jefferson at (706) 267-2228 or email@example.com.
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis for details at (803) 645-7883.
- Business Network International Pro-Active Professionals chapter; meets Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Angela Brock at (706) 868-5916 for details.
Day Planner is a free public-service listing of The Augusta Chronicle. Fill out our "business event" form online at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove to get your event listed. Items received by noon Tuesday will be published the following Monday.