Enough talk; let's get the job done

I believe The Augusta Chronicle editors do get it, and I thank them for that. Lowell Greenbaum pretends to speak for the American people, but he doesn't ("Bush gambling away troops' lives," Feb. 1).

Liberals such as Mr. Greenbaum live in a world of fantasy. The reason we are having such a hard time in Iraq is because of the liberalized way that we are trying to fight this war. The sooner we unleash the might of our military and put the fear of our God in the insurgents, the better.

The time has come to quit worrying what the world is going to think, and what liberals are going to think because these people wouldn't defend their mother, much less their country. We have got to crush the enemy, and put Iran and Syria on notice that they have 24 hours to cease and desist their arming, training and logistical support of the insurgents - or else. "Else" means a squadron of B1 and B2 bombers on their way to a town near you, Mr. A-mad-jihad.

No, it's people such as Mr. Greenbaum, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon and Jane "Jihad" Fonda and the 100,000 hippie throwbacks who don't get it. They want to talk, chat and start a dialogue. Well, I'm tired of talking.

David B. Caudle, Grovetown

Comments (10)

markwardlaw
markwardlaw 02/17/07 - 03:23 am

I guess I'm among the 70% of

I guess I'm among the 70% of Americans who don't get it. Thank you, Mr. Greenbaum, for your continued courage and perspicacity in the lonely, intellectually desolate backwater of Georgia. Continue to speak the truth to the ignorant among you who are all too willing to send other people's kids into an immoral war while claiming biblical authority to do so.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/17/07 - 08:21 am

I'm amoung the 70% of

I'm amoung the 70% of Americans that feel the president is finally not fighting the Iraq phase of this war like a p.c. news bite. That's why the terrorists have been on the run for the past week. If this conflict had been handeled this way two years ago, the fighting would be over by now. As for Mr.Greenbaum, it's his job as head of the democrat party in this area to rant and rave like some kind of hate America loonatic. As long as Americans are defending his right to talk in this manner, he can continue to say what ever he likes. He only sings to his choir.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 02/17/07 - 09:00 am

Good comment, markwardlaw. Do

Good comment, markwardlaw. Do you think the letter writer, crackertroy,
or patriciathomas understands the nuances of say Turkey's position on
the Kurds and its implications for regional stability? Is there room
for nuance in a "get 'er done" strategy? What job are we "getting
done"? Can we "get tough", "take the gloves off" and bomb them "back
into the stone age" or otherwise force them to comply with our demands?
I don't think so. Nothing is monolithic here except for the concrete
thinking of ignorant, arrogant Americans. President Bush, against
expert advice, stuck his foot in it when he ordered the invasion and
occupation of Iraq. Three and a half years later the situation was
worse than ever when the Iraq Study Group offered its expert
recommendations on how to extract ourselves from this morass. Did Bush
take the helping hand? No! He rejected the ISG and the alternative
plans of John Murtha, Joe Biden & Leslie Gelb, Zbigniew Brzezinski,
Wm Odom, Dennis Kucinich and others and continues to insist on a military
solution. THERE IS NO MILITARY SOLUTION. Rest assured that
temporary tacitical "success" in the surge on Bagdad will be followed
by long term strategic defeat. We never learn.

mgroothand
mgroothand 02/17/07 - 09:32 am

These same "ignorant,

These same "ignorant, arrogant Americans" got it done in 1945 when they bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Days later and not wanting to be bombed back to the Stone Age, that part of WWII war was over and we're not speaking Japanese.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 02/17/07 - 09:47 am

mgroothand, Do you assert

mgroothand, Do you assert this as any kind of logical, cohert, or practical
argument? We invaded and occupy a nation which never attacked or
threatnend us. We are bogged down there. Instead of a retreat you urge
the use of nuclear weapons? Get real!

intheknow
intheknow 02/17/07 - 10:03 am

I would love to see David B.

I would love to see David B. Caudle and the rest of hig ilk enlist to go over to Iraq. By the way before some yahoo respond, I have been there and done that.

mgroothand
mgroothand 02/17/07 - 10:13 am

"Walk tall and carry a big

"Walk tall and carry a big stick" is what I urge mr Caine. We have the big stick but are being cowed and PC'd by left wingers such as you.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 02/17/07 - 01:06 pm

If you are going to quote

If you are going to quote Theodore Roodevelt, the correct quote is "Speak softley and carry a big stick."

mgroothand
mgroothand 02/17/07 - 02:47 pm

I stand corrected by kpc, you

I stand corrected by kpc, you are right. Not to be petty but it's Roosevelt not Roodevelt. And it's softly not softley. I guess I was thinking of the Walking Tall movies where Pusser was carrying a big stick.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 02/17/07 - 07:24 pm

I stand corrected myself...my

I stand corrected myself...my fingers must have been asleep.