Missing boy's dad sought

The FBI's Augusta office is looking for a former Columbia County golf pro accused of abducting his 1-year-old son two weeks ago and leaving for Mexico City.

Back | Next
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of William Brown, shown, or Ezekiel Brown can call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678, the Columbia County Sheriff's Office at (706) 541-2800 or the FBI's Augusta office at (706) 722-3702.  Special
Special

William Brown, 38, of Evans, who is a former assistant golf pro at Jones Creek and had worked as the director of instruction at River Golf Club in North Augusta, has a warrant out for his arrest on Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution, said Ed Reinhold, of the Augusta FBI office.

Authorities say Mr. Brown picked up his son, Ezekiel Brown, from Greenbrier Day Care off William Few Parkway in Evans on Jan. 31, and the two have not been seen since. Agent Reinhold said authorities have not issued an Amber Alert because they don't believe Mr. Brown is a danger to his child.

The FBI believes Mr. Brown could still be in Mexico City based on ATM and other traceable transactions, but they don't rule out a return to the area.

"There's always that possibility,'' Mr. Reinhold said.

Ezekiel's mother, Lois Brown, has set up a Web site, www.bringzekehome.com, and is also asking for help from the public. She said she and her husband were separated and that he had picked up her son soon after a judge ruled that his visits be supervised.

"I'm concerned for my baby,'' she said. "... I mean my baby, all he knows is me.''

The case is listed on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at www.missingkids.com under the Georgia listings. The Augusta FBI office says it's working with Mexican authorities to help find Mr. Brown in Mexico City, which has a population of more than 8 million. Agent Reinhold said such a case involving a flight to another country is rare, adding that at the most it occurs one to two times a year in this area.

"And a lot of those are married to foreign nationals,'' he said.

Mr. Brown is described as having light brown hair with hazel eyes and being 6 feet, 1 inch tall and weighing 212 pounds.

Ezekiel has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Reach Preston Sparks at (706) 868-1222, ext. 115 or preston.sparks@augustachronicle.com.

zHolly220
zHolly220 02/15/07 - 08:31 am
My heart goes out to you

My heart goes out to you Mrs.Brown.I hope your son is returned to you soon. I will pray for you and your family.My husband and I have 4 children ages 7,6,3,and 5 months.We don't know what we would do if any of our children were missing. I hope they lock him up for a long time and take all his rights away.My heart goes out to you.God Bless you and your family. Please if anyone has any information tell the authorities,and get this boy home soon & safe.

work for a living
work for a living 02/15/07 - 10:58 am
It is kind of hard to judge

It is kind of hard to judge someone until you know all of the facts which I don't think the reader above does. I don't know these people and I do pray this child is returned soon safely as I have two small boys myself but as to what happens to the father well I can't judge because I don't know what brought him leaving on. If my husband ever tried to take my children away from me and I hadn't done anything wrong you better bet I would leave with my kids. Unfortunately both men and women can be vendictive towards each other and use the child to hurt the other which unfortunately this man has done now to himself as well as to the mother, but we don't know her motives to begin with either, so I say just pray for all involed and let the courts resolve based on the facts not opinions of one or the other.

intheknow
intheknow 02/15/07 - 11:49 am
I doubt very serious that the

I doubt very serious that the F.B.I. would be involved because he is Father of the year. Thats what the courts are for. Why would he flee to a country that he knows is hard to be forced to return from? Because he is quilty of violating a court order at the very least.

GIZMO-611
GIZMO-611 02/15/07 - 12:06 pm
It is a shame it had to come

It is a shame it had to come to this situation. The innocent victim is the child. I have to agree with neighbor of jb that we cannot judge who is right. Both parties will be vendictive until the child is placed in the safest environment that the courts will choose. In the meantime, I hope the father will care for the child and that no harm be done to the child until the father is caught. And that all citizens and law enforcement be on the lookout to bring this child back home safely. My prayers go out to the mother and other family members involved. May God guide the right path for the innocent victims.

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 02/15/07 - 12:07 pm
Men in general get bent over

Men in general get bent over by the judicial system when it comes to custody over children...they make you pay without the benefits of equal time with your children. I not not condone his behavior, but I understand his motive. I am sure in his mind he had no other recourse. I DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS OF THIS CASE BUT IN MOST CASES WHERE A PARENT TAKES OFF WITH THE CHILD...THEY FEEL THE COURTS ARE NOT BEING FAIR TO THEIR NEEDS AS ALSO BEING THE CHILDS PARENT.

sarah
sarah 02/15/07 - 12:36 pm
Politncorect, I agree

Politncorect, I agree withyou. I am the mother of three children who I would die for. Will is a fine man and he loves his child with all of his heart. This is an act of desperation to see his child that he was denied to see. Ms. Brown is not the victim the baby is. Feel sorry for these fathers whose spouses and ex-spouses tell horrible lies on them to gain the financial support for children then deny the father visits or rights. My heart goes out to Will. Be safe and I pray for your and the baby's safe return.

ForHim
ForHim 02/15/07 - 01:05 pm
I do know this family and the

I do know this family and the courts have given the father visitation rights as long as they are supervised. This mother is fearful for her child's safety. She is a good mom and this child should be brought home to her. Mr. Brown definitely has some issues that he needs to deal with. I just hope that Zeke is not harmed in any way and my prayers are with the entire family.

gabulldogs
gabulldogs 02/15/07 - 02:27 pm
I personally know Louis, and

I personally know Louis, and it is NOT her fault that her Liar of a husband ran off with her son, she is a good mom and was a loving wife, but when your husband lies, cheats, and is just sorry, nothing good is going to come out of it. So to everyone taking Will's side get your facts straight before running off at the mouth, he is Trouble and no matter how you try to justify what he did, you CAN'T he is in the Wrong, and God does not like Ugly. Louis my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

GIZMO-611
GIZMO-611 02/15/07 - 03:09 pm
I do not know Lois and you

I do not know Lois and you do. I am sorry to hear of her misfortune of having a lousy husband and that he has unfortunately caused problems in the marriage. But don't YOU go off running at the mouth saying we are taking his side. No one said we were on his side. So he's trouble. Again, let the courts and the law handle it. And if he is in the wrong, then he will pay the price and be punished for it. Lois will have her child back and life goes on.

rtn222222
rtn222222 02/15/07 - 06:04 pm
Baileys Communications is

Baileys Communications is offering a reward for anyone who supplies imformation leading to Mr. Browns whereabouts and the safe return of Zeke to his mother; a former employee of our company.

2007
2007 02/15/07 - 08:24 pm
I know nothinng about this

I know nothinng about this family but what i do know is that if you have a man who wants to see his child, even concidering the the cercomstances of what he has done as long as it wasnt something that would not hurt the child like drugs, child melestation. he should be able to see his child. now on the other hand i ccan understand the mothers concerns and the dad souldnt have taken the child from his fmily without letting someone know what is going on i think that this family needs help alot of help!!!

loismbrown
loismbrown 02/15/07 - 09:11 pm
Will brown lied to evervyone

Will brown lied to evervyone he knows. I never denied him of seeing Zeke. As we were proceeding to get a divorce, he failed 2 drug tests - one urine, the other hair folicle. The gaurdian ed litem then suggested he have supervised visitation until our divorce is was final. Then he just ups and leaves with my sweet baby!!! He made mistakes and got cought, and now I'm paying for it because my little Zeke isn't with me. He left my house a complete disaster! He threw all of the bills away like he had no intentions of coming back. He cutt off all communication with those who though he was a friend to. All I want is to have Zeke safe at home. He had an ear infection when Will took him. I need to know that hes ok! I need to know that he's eating! I need to know that hes not strapped in a car seat several hours a day while Will thinks about how to hide from the law! I need to know the his diaper is being changed! I need my baby here safe with his mommy! And my 6 year old needs his brother. He has had several meltdowns and doesnt understand why his mom doesn't already have back his baby brother whom he misses SO SO much.

dog2342
dog2342 02/16/07 - 04:03 pm
i worked for mr. brown at the

i worked for mr. brown at the river golf course. He is a lyer and a cheat and i hope that he is arrested as soon as possible. Will brown needs to be brought to justice.

mebella3
mebella3 02/16/07 - 04:54 pm
A stable man doesn't fail two

A stable man doesn't fail two drug tests. A stable man doesn't flee to avoid prosecution. A stable man doesn't rip a family apart. I can think of a lot of words to describe a man that does those sort of things, but stable, loving, kind...are not any of them. I don't personally know Mr. Brown, but his actions are telling his story. I can understand the concern of the mother. This family is in my prayers.

Give credit where due
Give credit where due 02/17/07 - 05:14 am
Every story has 3 sides ...

Every story has 3 sides ... eventually the truth will come out .... it is easy to point a finger at some else but do you bring your thumb back to yourself ?

dawud
dawud 02/17/07 - 11:26 am
Hey PalPat, in case you

Hey PalPat, in case you didn't notice, the MOTHER just posted the truth two entries above you. She has every right to point her finger! Check the website for more information.

Chuchi
Chuchi 02/17/07 - 03:33 pm
Mrs. Brown, you poor

Mrs. Brown, you poor suffering mommy. But take heart; sooner or later even the wiliest fox must return to its den, and Will Brown is no fox. He took off with no game plan. He will run out of money, time, and resources. He will eventually contact someone he knows for help, and that's when he will be caught.

I also pity Will's parents; their own son has bolted with their grandson so they must be frantic too. While I quite agree that the court system is typically biased against fathers during divorces and subsequent custody battles, Mr. Brown's behavior is inexcusable. Regardless of his motivation, Will has hurt a lot of people with his rash decisions. Although I am not familiar with this case, I am nonetheless skeptical as to whether he truly had his infant son's best interests at heart.

Keep praying, hoping and searching. Mr. Brown will make a mistake and your little Zeke will come home safe and sound. God bless you and your family. I will also keep praying.

sarah
sarah 02/19/07 - 09:52 am
Lois is not the innocent

Lois is not the innocent person she claims to be. She has gotten pregnant by other men and been forced to get married. Her mother is a fine person who has been embarrassed numerious times by her daughter. If this gabulldog knows her so well, why did they rename her louis? If the baby was at a daycare, then his medicine would be with him for an ear infection. Men do know how to change diapers. Even if he is a liar, men do care for their children. They do not get enugh credit for what they do. Some men are EXCELLENT fathers. Some mothers are not mothers even though they cry enough, POOR ME! What exactly is a meltdown?

gabulldogs
gabulldogs 02/19/07 - 11:31 am
As for you Sarah, you need to

As for you Sarah, you need to back OFF. How can you come on here and TRY to degrade someone when they are aleady suffering enough, it is obvious that you are a Low down, No heart, dont know what your talking about mean person. You are the kind of person that everyone is better off not knowing. It's a shame you can't go to the store and buy a heart, because it is obvious you dont have one!!!

sarah
sarah 02/19/07 - 01:20 pm
Well, the truth hurts. Did

Well, the truth hurts. Did you finally figure out the right name? No one is degrading anyone. Truth is truth. I am not a low down person, I just know facts, you don't. I have a huge heart and would help anyone in need. I just don't have the heart for a person who tries to paint themselves as a victim! A great deal of people use drugs and do not lose their children. He is a desperate man to have taken his child. She must have been one hell of a wife!

mable8
mable8 02/19/07 - 05:25 pm
Well, Sarah, if YOU knew the

Well, Sarah, if YOU knew the parents as well as you claimed in a previous post, why are you now saying "She must have BEEN.." I, too, think you are a very mean-spirited, vengeful person for making degrading remarks about the mother. What did you do when God passed out the hearts--hide behind the door? To Ms Lois Brown: We all pray for the safety and return of your son; I know these are extremely trying times for you. And to gabulldongs, thank you for defending the mother.

sarah
sarah 02/19/07 - 06:36 pm
Well, Mable8, I know the

Well, Mable8, I know the family of the mother. She has done things in her past that she is not proud of. It must have been the acts of a desperate father to take his son. No I did not hide behind the doo, God gave me a big heart. Theer are vicious lies being told and Ms. Brown needs to accept the responsibility for her actions as well as Mr. Brown. And as far as me saying "she must have been", she is in the process of obtaining a divorce. She in fact, she is no longer his wife. DUH!

zHolly220
zHolly220 02/21/07 - 10:55 am
Has anyone heard anything

Has anyone heard anything more about this,is there any updates. Hopefully there has been some good news. My thoughts and prayers are still with the family & the little boy.

concerned4lb
concerned4lb 02/21/07 - 05:09 pm
Sarah, I have known lois and

Sarah,

I have known lois and her family for a very long time. In that time, I have known her to be an excellent mother. Obviously you have been conned by one Will Brown. Mother or Father anyone that fails a drug test and then decides to flee to another country is not concerned about the welfare of their child but only wanting to hurt the other at the risk of the child's safety. I hope for the safe return of Zeke b/c the child is what matters and his safety is paramount.

dalton5
dalton5 02/23/07 - 06:24 pm
To whoever called Will Brown

To whoever called Will Brown a "Fine Man".......YOU ARE AN IDIOT ! Would a fine man take a child from his mother. If the father of YOUR children took your YOUR kid, or 15 kids away, would he too be a fine man...? There is a moron in every group. Zeke will be home soon Lois !