'Omitted spouse' files for her share

AIKEN - James Brown's widow contested his will in Aiken County court Thursday and demanded that a special administrator be appointed to oversee his estate.

Tomi Rae Hynie Brown and her 5-year-old son, James Brown II, were both left out of the music legend's will, which was drafted more than a year before the couple married in December 2001.

In two petitions filed in Common Pleas Court, Mrs. Brown says she is the music legend's "omitted spouse" and is entitled to either half or one-third of his estate.

She also demands that she be allowed to return to the Beech Island home to retrieve her and her son's belongings, which she says include furniture, china, clothing, photographs, artwork, toys and electronics. She was locked out of the home on Christmas Day after Mr. Brown's death.

A hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. Feb. 9 in front of 2nd Judicial Circuit Judge Jack Early, who has been asked to remove the three men the late singer named as trustees of his estate.

The six children who are named in Mr. Brown's will are suing to have Buddy Dallas, Alford Bradley and David Cannon removed as executors, alleging that they've mismanaged their father's estate.

Mrs. Brown makes the same claim. In a personal affidavit, she says the trustees "frequently mismanaged my husband's affairs" and often missed due dates on bills, even leading to a cutoff of the electricity.

Mr. Dallas has questioned the marriage's legality and the paternity of her child.

Reach Sandi Martin at (803) 648-1395, ext. 111, or sandi.martin@augustachronicle.com.

eeggers
eeggers 02/02/07 - 06:46 am
Congratulations, Tomi: your

Congratulations, Tomi: your irrelevance countdown begins.

shamrock
shamrock 02/02/07 - 08:12 am
Go Tomi Rae! It's time to

Go Tomi Rae! It's time to stand up not only for yourself but your son who was acknowledged by your late husband as his own.

Just me 2
Just me 2 02/02/07 - 08:14 am
you go girl!! mr. brown did

you go girl!! mr. brown did acknowledge you as his wife on national tv. and besides that the will shoule have been updated once you and james jr were in the picture. seems to me that the high priced attorneys have not been doing their jobs all along. i and all other women wronged by this world run by men are pulling for you!

fergie01
fergie01 02/02/07 - 08:22 am
go team tomi rae

go team tomi rae

KLD108
KLD108 02/02/07 - 08:30 am
Alright, now there's our girl

Alright, now there's our girl using her head----GO TEAM TOMI RAE. I knew she was quiet for a reason and I hope the DNA test comes back 99.99% positive. BYE BUDDY DALLAS AND THE OTHER CROOKS!!!! NOW, SOMEBODY, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BURY JAMES BROWN!!!

easy breezy
easy breezy 02/02/07 - 08:38 am
Glad to see all of the

Glad to see all of the support for this brave lady! She is doing what is right for her and her child. Good luck Tomi Rae!

adrian22
adrian22 02/02/07 - 09:17 am
go tomi! i hope you come out

go tomi! i hope you come out on top along with the children

daemon99
daemon99 02/02/07 - 09:22 am
Now that's how you handle

Now that's how you handle your business, Tomi! Good luck, girl. Maybe you can expedite getting your late husband buried, too.

gaonmimynd
gaonmimynd 02/02/07 - 09:30 am
GO TEAM TOMI RAE,,,,,its on

GO TEAM TOMI RAE,,,,,its on now girls

Does_it_really_matter
Does_it_really_matter 02/02/07 - 09:59 am
I love this.....to everyone

I love this.....to everyone that snubbed Tomi Raye, I hope thier money goes to her. I wonder where JB's newer will really is? I hope that Tomi Raye gets a lawyer as ruthless as Buddy is crooked. How does Dallas sleep at night?

WW1949
WW1949 02/02/07 - 10:05 am
Good for Tomi Rae. James, Jr.

Good for Tomi Rae. James, Jr. should be provided for and I think a trust should be set up for him so that any money received would only be used for his education and welfare. You know how large sums of money get away fast when adultsspend like it's a never ending pot especially since there is no other coming in unless she get the music rights and royalties.

KLD108
KLD108 02/02/07 - 10:19 am
DTIMMERMAN, maybe you can go

DTIMMERMAN, maybe you can go on my space and find out a little more infor on Tomi Rae. If James Brown was a personal friend of yours and you find her, please help her get him buried!! I hate to keep hearing his body is in good condition in a 45 degree room...come on....enough already!!

GO TEAM TOMI RAE!!!! What's up gaonmimynd?

gaonmimynd
gaonmimynd 02/02/07 - 11:04 am
Hey KLD108 all our blogging

Hey KLD108 all our blogging is finally paying off!!! I'll be in GA this week, Im leaving today to go see my new granddaughter in Savannah, and then a stop by my parents and sisters in AUGUSTA!!!!!! Hoping DTimmerman will let Tomi Rae know all the support she has here, and tell her to read the blogs here, she needs to know the whole world isnt against her, us Augustians have to stick togather girl!!!!! Hows TEAM TOMI RAE DOIN???? COMMON GIRLS THIS IS WHEN WE REALLY NEED TO RALLY and let tomi know we're here....!!!!! Im gonna try to stop by the funeral home and talk to somebody about this burial thing, its getting out of hand, and maybe he can talk to the kids. HOw do you just leave your dad lying around like that...( no pun intended!!!)

KLD108
KLD108 02/02/07 - 11:55 am
Gaonmimynd, you are funny...I

Gaonmimynd, you are funny...I say we just start calling the funeral home, because it's got to be a pretty big tab old Reid is collecting to maintain the corspe. Lord have mercy, this is embarrassing. I really hope someone get in touch with Tomi Rae and if she ever goes on Larry King you know people can call in. But I believe she's going to come out on top. The children might be mad, but I'm mad they won't BURY THEIR DAD!!! I'm so sick of the jokes. Alright you're going to GA, I can't wait to move to GA this summer. Just be careful I hear the weather is tricky down south this weekend. Okay, Holla at your girl!!

KLD108
KLD108 02/02/07 - 11:57 am
Oh, Gaonmimynd, see if you

Oh, Gaonmimynd, see if you can get the James Brown impersonator's number----tell him Team Tomi-Rae has a couple of jobs for him!! L O L!!!!

YOU GO TOMI RAE BROWWWWNNNNNN!!!!

P.S. I think toenails and her crew are Yamma, Deanna and her crew!!!

gaonmimynd
gaonmimynd 02/02/07 - 12:00 pm
Do you really think so

Do you really think so KLD!!!! lol...that would be trippin///lmao.....let me look back on the articles from when he was in n.y. and see if I can find this guys name.

gaonmimynd
gaonmimynd 02/02/07 - 12:00 pm
Do you really think so

a2
a2 02/02/07 - 12:50 pm
AH OOWAH OOWAH!! Go Tomi

AH OOWAH OOWAH!! Go Tomi Rae. That's right girl, come out punching. On the www.artharris site she's quoted as saying she wants her "Tommy Bahama " furniture back among other things.
KLD108 you missed it last week girl. We have anational columnist that likes "our" comments that we have made about the whole James Brown thing. What do you think about that?
Anyway, I think it would be a good idea to see what Mr. Reid has to say. He seems "awed" to say "yeah I'm keeping the body at the right temperature". I we suppose to give him some kind of award for keeping the body in good condition? I think those crazy kids are trying to keep the body to display it later. If that is what they are up to, I for one think that is the stupidist( is that a real word?) ideas ever. Hear me and hear me good BROWN children: No one wants to see your father like that. I think that idea may have been hatched between Deanna ( she wants to be a star) and Dr. Yamma( she thinks the body can be preserved indefinately- because she has a medical degree.)

Between the two of them have they ever evn been out of Augusta? I don't think they have a clue as to how everyone else is looking at this thing.

a2
a2 02/02/07 - 12:55 pm
Mr. James Brown was

Mr. James Brown was internationally famous because of his music. These children don't have that kind of talent and seem to just be stunned at what to do next. What's happening with his band?
Why don't the reporters that are writing these stories for the Augusta Chronicle ask Mr. Reid and the children what's going on? That's what a reporter does is find out the facts.
Also They have now taken Tomi Rae from widow (2 days ago) to "omitted spouse" today
Who is writing this .... anyway?

Go TEAM TOMI RAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KLD108
KLD108 02/02/07 - 01:07 pm
Advance--stop making up

Advance--stop making up words---lol....I see I missed a lot last week, but this is what I've been waiting for...Tomi Rae isn't going away quietly. And she should Thank team Tomi Rae for supporting her once this is over. I still say that Venisha (how ever you spell her name) is the only real brown. I don't care that their stunned at what to do next, but a crack head would know to bury his/her loved one after a dang gone month!! Mr. Reid should be ashamed and it's interesting that his other so called son"Al Sharpton" is quiet as a church mouse. But he shed all those crocodile tears....Lawd have mercy on their souls!!!

GO TEAM TOMI RAE----HEY LET'S GET SOME T-SHIRTS & HATS!!!

gaonmimynd
gaonmimynd 02/02/07 - 01:48 pm
i'LL HAVE UM

i'LL HAVE UM MADE...LOL.......WE NEED TO START A WEB SITE TO...TO SUPPORT HER...LOL....WOULDNT THAT BE COOL? yeah,,,Vanisha seems to be the only one not after anything...and not interested in making the news and all of that...shes pretty cool, my sister went to school with her. GO TEAM TOMI RAE......we've done good girls..!!!!!!!!!

gaonmimynd
gaonmimynd 02/02/07 - 01:50 pm
ok girls Im off to georgia

ok girls Im off to georgia now...any requests?????? I'll read the blogs tomarrow.,......FOR NOW.....GO TEAM TOMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KLD108
KLD108 02/02/07 - 02:19 pm
ok team tomi-rae let's get

ok team tomi-rae let's get the website up!!! lol----gaonmimynd---safe travels---my request? well, a 2 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse, house, condo would be good---lol....just get me the impersonators info....he needs to pay old buddy a visit----ok, ok, just kidding---no smart comments needed!!! i'm out for the day---holla at your girl monday----pray for us in buffalo it's pretty cold---oh, but so is the rest of the world right? right!!!

have a good weekend team tomi rae brown!!!!!

ajpea1955
ajpea1955 02/02/07 - 02:40 pm
It's about time for things to

It's about time for things to stop going hay-wire. Maybe Tomi can get her husband and that $20,000+ casket buried. As everyone can see, the other children (Mosters) don't really give a flip about where JB is buired or where he is just as long as they don't have to deal with him. GOLD DIGGERS all six of them and the son-in-law (Punk).

KLD108
KLD108 02/02/07 - 03:50 pm
Um-I had to sit tight at work

Um-I had to sit tight at work because of our snow storm, so I thought I'd pop back on..AJPEA1955-Sweety, I'm sending you MEDICATION to calm your nerves-LOL-You sound [filtered word] OFF! Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I just hope you don't run into any of the Browns this weekend -LOL -GO TOMI RAE:

Not that anyone cares, but I'm going to share it. My cousin obviously had a massive heart attack Jan 5-6., and wasn't found until Jan 7-8th, but he got a 2007 Cadillac on Jan. 3, 2007. Now, he was widowed, one son who's in jail until 2009, very wealthy, surburban house paid in full and retired, BUT HE DIDN'T LEAVE A WILL! Bank statements were found with THOUSANDS, but his siblings couldn't touch the money, despite all of the thousands of dollars in his accounts that no one could touch, his siblings pulled together and BURIED HIM. Even though I was in LA, I heard it was complete Dignity. His house, etc will have to go probate, but the point is, they loved him and buried him and the dealership took the car back because it only had 50 mises; and they had papers sent to his son to collect what's left when he gets out --Now, that's a family with love, I'm glad I'm not a Brown in any way!!!

KLD108
KLD108 02/02/07 - 03:52 pm
now i'm out for real-----have

now i'm out for real-----have a safe weekend:

team tomi rae brown!!!

holla at your girl!!!

reveday3
reveday3 02/02/07 - 04:05 pm
Well, looks like everything

Well, looks like everything has been said except very little about little James. Lets hope and pray for his sake that he gets the financial support he deserves as well as his mom. After all, the only really innocent party in all this 'stuff' is him. Also when we write these things, lets keep in mind that one day, "little James" will no doubt be reading all of this. So, lets be kind. And yes, by the way whether or not Tomi was James Brown's wife is beside the point. she was with the Godfather Of Soul and deserves not only financial rewards, but also respect.

Drama Mamma
Drama Mamma 02/02/07 - 05:08 pm
It really upset me for tomi

It really upset me for tomi and little J to be locked out of her home on christmas day have you no heart some one said for it to be done who? And the man she loves passes away how could you do that you gotta be one cold hearted person he loved her that was obvious I hope the best for her and little J. I hope she gets it all because she deserves it.. YOU GO GURL WOOHOOO

a2
a2 02/02/07 - 06:10 pm
Hi, I'm just back from

Hi,
I'm just back from Target' and Wal-mart. They are my secondary stores, you know what I mean,
KLD108, we did get a message to her. Mission Accomplished! A website sounds good. But you know I would really miss all the negative people that comment on this site. That's what makes this site sooooooo interesting. I don't know how to set up a site. But I certainly don't have a problem commenting as you all know.
I'm out. Talk to you when there is news.

Shout out to Loose Cannon Shawn. Why don't you get something started to get Mr. Brown buried? Or did Deanna wild out on you for causing the publicity. Shawn you're more popular than her now. Everybody knows your name now.

Rose
Rose 02/02/07 - 06:41 pm
I still have not figured out

I still have not figured out how tomi Rae was locked out of her home. I n Georgia it would not have happened. Buddy Dallas would have gone to jail. We have eviction laws here.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen