- Monday: SBA Community Express Loan Program; learn more about the Small Business Administration loan program that offers $5,000 to $50,000 to small business startups and expansions; 6 p.m., Augusta Technical College, Building 100 Auditorium; call (706) 737-1790.
- Tuesday: Sexual Harassment; seminar by Wilson Enterprises on identifying and preventing sexual harassment in the workplace; 1-4 p.m., Columbia County Library, Conference Room A; $69; R.S.V.P. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday: USPS NetPost Services: seminar for small business owners on creating a mailed advertisement campaign; 9 a.m.; Augusta Technical College Building 600, Room 660; $49; call (706) 737-1790.
- Wednesday: How to Buy or Sell a Business; conference by the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Carolina Aiken on the tools and techniques of buying a business; 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; USC Aiken campus Business & Education Building, Room 140; $75; register at email@example.com or call (803) 641-3646.
- Feb. 6: Georgia Center for Nonprofits Inc. symposia for nonprofit leadership; four topics include marketing, cultures of execution, architecture and maintenance of boards, succession planning and leadership development; 9 a.m.-noon; Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St., Executive Conference Room 125; members $300, nonmembers $400; limited number of scholarships and discounts available; call (706) 823-9718.
- Feb. 8: Learning to Value People with Disabilities, seminar by Wilson Enterprises on federal laws that protecting people with disabilities, common myths and disability etiquette; 9-11 a.m.; Columbia County Library, Conference Room A; $49; R.S.V.P. to firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 627-3407.
- Feb. 9: Advanced Grant Writing; seminar on creating a winning proposal by professional grant writer Mark Baggett; 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Georgia Center for Nonprofits Inc., Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St., Starch Building Conference Room; members $60, nonmembers $80; call Joan Stoddard at (706) 823-9718.
- Feb. 14: Small Business Certifications; free three-hour Georgia Tech seminar on becoming certified and registered for the following programs: the 8(a), Small Disadvantaged Business and Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone), Woman-Owned Business and Veteran-Owned Business programs.; 9 a.m.; 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; free; register at www.gtpac.org or call Lloyd Watts at (706)729-2076.
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta for an appointment.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks network of 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall; contact Melanie Smith at melanie. email@example.com.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Networking International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; call Linda at (706) 309-9093.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, every Thursday at 7 a.m. at the Marriott Courtyard on Stevens Creek Road; call Chuck Ellison at (706) 294-5502.
The Business Calendar is a free public-service listing of The Augusta Chronicle. Fill out our online form at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove. Items received by noon Tuesday will be published the following Sunday.