Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- A 13-under travel team is looking for three new players. For information, call Craig Cameron at (803) 613-9189.
- The CSRA Bombers 10U travel team is looking for players. For information, call Mell Brantley at (706) 592-1318 or (706) 399-6212.
- The Outlaws 13U traveling/tournament baseball team is looking for two new players, who must not turn 14 before May 1, 2007. For more information, call Robert Critell at (706) 840-1066.
- The CC Shockers Traveling USSSA baseball blue team (14-and-under AAA) and the gray team (13-and-under AA) have openings for pitchers. Applicants must purchase uniforms. If you are interested in trying out for the blue team, contact Sheila Weaver at (706) 592-4445, or for the gray team, contact coach Lee Solt at (706) 513-4347 or Tonya Malcom at (706) 589-4766.
- The USSSA baseball umpires clinic will be held Jan. 20 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at Citizens Park 2 in Aiken. All umpires interested in officiating USSSA baseball in 2007 are encouraged to attend. Cost is $60, which includes the $50 certification fee for 2007. For more information, call Dale Roberts at (803) 642-6381 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or e-mail Jack Curry at email@example.com.
- The Harlem Globetrotters will play at James Brown Arena on March 21. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. Ticket prices start at $16 and are available at the arena box office, by phone at (706) 828-7700, or online at www.ticketmaster.com. For more information, visit the team's Web site at www.harlemglobetrotters.com.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches the last Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club. Adult boxers must weigh in the previous Monday, and youth must weigh in on Tuesday to be eligible to spar. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The 2007 East Coast Silver Gloves Boxing Championships will be held at the May Park on Jan. 4-6. Registration will be held from 2-9 p.m. Jan. 3 at Clarion Suites Inn, 3038 Washington Rd. For more information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The Georgia Ragin' Bulls minor league football team will hold tryouts Jan. 13 and Jan. 27 at Glenn Hills High School. Pre-registration is $40 and can be obtained by calling (706) 284-9108. The fee the day of tryouts will be $50. For more information, go to www.georgiaraginbulls.com.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free clinic is held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping, and driving for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- The Georgia Golf Hall of Fame Silent Auction Reception will be held Jan. 6 from 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. Early bird bidding will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. Proceeds will benefit the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame. For more information, or to preview a list of sample auction items, go to www.gghf.org.
- The AIHA Adult fall league starts Feb. 7 and runs through May 24. Registration deadline is Feb. 4. League play will be Wednesday and Thursday nights. For more information, call (706) 863-0061 or (803) 278-6345.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club practices Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at May Park. New players are welcome. For information, call Tony Martin at (803) 292-6278, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Columbia County Patriots Select program is looking for a few experienced female players for the Under-14 team to join the fall and spring season. For more information, call (706) 312-7488.
- The Columbia County Patriots are looking for experienced players for their U9 spring team. For more information or go to www.patriotssoccer.org.
- The Columbia County Patriots will begin a U6 Junior Academy Program beginning in January. Practices will be held on Monday nights and games will be held on Saturday mornings. For more information, call (706) 312-7488 or go to www.patriotssoccer.org.
- The Prowler's 12U Fast pitch softball travel team will be holding open tryouts for January 2007. For more information please contact coach Laverne Wiggins at (706) 421-9230.
- Carolina 12U fastpitch team is looking for three players for its travel team. For information, call Mike at (803) 593-8091 or (803) 349-7399.
- The 18U Dominators are looking for players interested in playing college showcase-level fastpitch. For information, call Paul Arrington at (706) 547-0369 or Frank Neill at (706) 228-5155
- The Dixie Mystix 10U travel softball team is looking for the very best 9- and 10-year-old players. For more information, call Trevor Henderson at (803) 593-6209 or (803) 270-5591.
- The Augusta Flyers Track Club is looking for new members. Youth between the ages of 7 and 18 are invited to join. Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at the Bernie Ward Community Center. For information, call (706) 738-3737.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us